Grand - why no nightstands?

mariakitty

My family had one of those rooms a few years ago. What the picture does not show is that above each bed, there is a drop down bed. It does get a little tight when all four beds are in use, but at least this way the balcony door is not blocked. My younger daughters loved sleeping up in the bunks and it was much cheaper than buying two rooms. I would not get that room if there was just two of us. Again, with four it is a little tight, but being a little crowded is better than no cruise at all.

My family had one of those rooms a few years ago. What the picture does not show is that above each bed, there is a drop down bed. It does get a little tight when all four beds are in use, but at least this way the balcony door is not blocked. My younger daughters loved sleeping up in the bunks and it was much cheaper than buying two rooms. I would not get that room if there was just two of us. Again, with four it is a little tight, but being a little crowded is better than no cruise at all.

I agree that as a solo traveler or a couple that cabin would be unacceptable, but with boys the ages of the OP, I think it might be a better arrangement than a regular balcony. I don't think it would seem any more crowded than a regular balcony for four people. It must be the location that rates it as a BA.

I had no idea Princess offered anything like that on any ship!!

Does anyone know exactly where these depressing little cabins are located, or their cabin numbers? I would like to jot that info down just in case I would ever decide to book a cruise on the Grand. I certainly would not be willing to pay the price of a BA for something like that!!

In fact, I would not want one of those cabins even if I was cruising solo!!

We ended up with a mini on Dolphin and we were very happy. One son loved the sofa and the other loved the bunk, both of which were in the living room area. I would have been at the Pursers Desk requesting another cabin if I ended up with the one in the picture. It looks nothing like our cabin at all. Luckily our vacation planner at Princess warned us about it, but as we all know not every princess employee has the same knowledge.

What I don't understand is how Princess sells this cabin at such a high category!

We ended up with a mini on Dolphin and we were very happy. One son loved the sofa and the other loved the bunk, both of which were in the living room area. I would have been at the Pursers Desk requesting another cabin if I ended up with the one in the picture. It looks nothing like our cabin at all. Luckily our vacation planner at Princess warned us about it, but as we all know not every princess employee has the same knowledge.

What I don't understand is how Princess sells this cabin at such a high category!

Glad it worked out for you.

I think they sell it at a high category because of the location.

Sue

• 6 months later...

Those cabins are the same size as other balcony cabins. Princess initially third that layout on the Grand for quad occupancy cabins. I imagine they might have changed on the Golden because of complaints. That is the same layout on the last aft minisuites on Dolphin deck with the almost double size extended balconies. They were supposed to access able cabins.

Sent from my iPhone using Cruise Critic Forums mobile app

OMG what memories!!!

We had this cabin on Baja deck on a 29 day b2b transAtlantic and West Europe cruises. We originally had a cabin way to the aft. I called and asked for a more central cabin because my wife is prone to motion sickness. That cabin was what we got. They forgot to tell us that that this cabin is significantly different from all the others. To me is seemed as if the ship was built from the front and the back going to the middle. When they got to the middle they did not have enough room for a regular cabin so they made this one instead.

This was our second cruise so we did not know any better. I thought it was an ok cabin. But I thought all the cabin on our deck was like ours. Now I would have second thoughts about taking this cabin. But I would consider it because of the location.

The one thing that is nice it that there is a niche above each bed for personal belongings like books.

We did disembark the Grand last week. It was our second cruise on the Grand.We did have bed stands like normal

Does the Star and Golden have cabins like this???.

OMG what memories!!!

We had this cabin on Baja deck on a 29 day b2b transAtlantic and West Europe cruises. We originally had a cabin way to the aft. I called and asked for a more central cabin because my wife is prone to motion sickness. That cabin was what we got. They forgot to tell us that that this cabin is significantly different from all the others. To me is seemed as if the ship was built from the front and the back going to the middle. When they got to the middle they did not have enough room for a regular cabin so they made this one instead.

This was our second cruise so we did not know any better. I thought it was an ok cabin. But I thought all the cabin on our deck was like ours. Now I would have second thoughts about taking this cabin. But I would consider it because of the location.

The one thing that is nice it that there is a niche above each bed for personal belongings like books.

We did disembark the Grand last week. It was our second cruise on the Grand.We did have bed stands like normal

Does the Star and Golden have cabins like this???.

The note only appears to be on these cabins on the Grand. There is no such note on the Golden, the next of the class built.

Sent from my iPhone using Cruise Critic Forums mobile app