Muster stations

toadie57

We have booked our first cruise on the AOS royal Carribean I have been looking for info on muster stations and what you need to do and have a couple of questions.

How will we know where our muster station is ?

Do you need to collect life jackets?

When is it likely to happen ?

We will be sailing from Southampton at 1630

Sent from my GT-N7100 using Forums mobile app

We have booked our first cruise on the AOS royal Carribean I have been looking for info on muster stations and what you need to do and have a couple of questions.

How will we know where our muster station is ?

Do you need to collect life jackets?

When is it likely to happen ?

We will be sailing from Southampton at 1630

Your muster station will be listed on your card. Depending on the ship, you may not report to that station during the drill, but to a predetermined spot instead. There will be plenty of people directing you during the drill.

These days most lines do not require you to take the life jacket to the drill, but that will be announced.

In the US, the drill must happen before the ship sails - I don't know what the rules are for England.

Many thanks this is all very different from our normal holiday's really looking forward to it just hope we enjoy it, we have changed our mind for so many times about booking a cruise now we hsbe done it I am feeling quite nervous in an exited way

Your muster station will be listed on your key card, the back of your cabin door, and possibly your life jackets. I'm not sure if RCI requires you to bring your life jackets, but they will tell you when you get on board. If you are sailing at 1630, I would guess that muster will take place at 1530.

Your Cruise Card will be scanned for attendance. If you fail to show, they will come looking for you the next day and you will do it with a small group at the Ship's beck and call. Also the Muster Drill is Called on the ship as "The Ship's General Drill". Yes, about an hour before departure. I have carried life jackets on Princess and not on Carnival to the Drill.

I like how on the Allure our muster station was in the main dining room, we did not have to carry our life vests. They did take attendance and we had to watch a video. It was over quick.

On the Freedom we stood outside during a rain storm, blowing wind and rain, what a way to start a cruise:eek:.

Love the Allure

Sea Ya

I like how on the Allure our muster station was in the main dining room, we did not have to carry our life vests. They did take attendance and we had to watch a video. It was over quick.

On the Freedom we stood outside during a rain storm, blowing wind and rain, what a way to start a cruise:eek:.

Love the Allure

Sea Ya

AOS from Southhampton is likely Adventure, not Allure.

Your life vests will be located either in your closet on a shelf or under the bed. The time for your drill will be listed in the daily newsletter that will be in your cabin plus the cruise director will make a general announcement about 30 minutes before the drill starts. Your cabin attendant will usually introduce himself and tell you about the drill. On our last cruise on Adventure, we met in our assigned room, and then we were led out to the deck to our assigned lifeboat. It took about 20 minutes. Your assigned muster room will be listed on a sign on your cabin door.

It will be made very, very obvious- there will be a message over the tannoy, and then the blasts on the ship's whistle. Make sure you have read the instructions behind the cabin door- that is vital for all, even those who've done numerous cruises. The lifts won't be available, so if you need help you must ask the crew who will be posted at every junction to point you the way. Everyone on the ship will be attending somewhere on the ship- the notice on the door will tell you the direction to take.

Some people go early to the station, to be sure of getting a place at the front.

It will be over in a short time, then you can get on with unpacking or exploring.

Have a great time!:)

OOPs

Sorry

Thanks for letting me know so I dont make the same mistake again.

I guess the Allure didn't get an abbreviation yet:eek:.

Sea Ya

LOL...

RCI switched over to two letter abbreviations to avoid confusion between ships that begin with the same first letter. But, it hasn't seemed to catch on and people still insist on using the first initial of the ship followed by OS for Of the Seas, even though their ship is not the only one that might fit that abbreviation

1. AD Adventure of the Seas

2. AL Allure of the Seas

3. BR Brilliance of the Seas

4. EN Enchantment of the Seas

5. EX Explorer of the Seas

6. FR Freedom of the Seas

7. GR Grandeur of the Seas

8. ID Independence of the Seas

9. JW Jewel of the Seas

10. LG Legend of the Seas

11. LB Liberty of the Seas

12. MJ Majesty of the Seas

13. MA Mariner of the Seas

14. MN Monarch of the Seas

15. NV Navigator of the Seas

16. OA Oasis of the Seas

17. QN Quantum of the Seas

18. RD Radiance of the Seas

19. RH Rhapsody of the Seas

20. SR Serenade of the Seas

21. SP Splendour of the Seas

22. VI Vision of the Seas

23. VY Voyager of the Seas

Where you have to go for the muster drill be be on you Sea Pass. It is before ship sails and will be announced several times. There will also be written notification on your bed, and the attendant knocks on your door. They didn't make us take our life vests. You go to your designated station, they check you in and then line up. They then give you a life vest demonstration and then the Captain announces it is over. No big deal, but they take it very seriously. Gary