No military discounts left?

Ocean Dancer

Just heard back from my TA and that is what she said, not sure if she meant our sailing or fleet wide. I emailed her as soon as Carnival's email came in abound 11am.

Carnival, you may not even be in business if it was not for our VETERANS, what are you doing by not having any discounts left????????????? This is crazy!! Nov. 1 is not even over yet!!

One PO"D Seals wife:mad:

God Bless our Military!!!!!

Just heard back from my TA and that is what she said, not sure if she meant our sailing or fleet wide. I emailed her as soon as Carnival's email came in abound 11am.

Carnival, you may not even be in business if it was not for our VETERANS, what are you doing by not having any discounts left????????????? This is crazy!! Nov. 1 is not even over yet!!

One PO"D Seals wife:mad:

God Bless our Military!!!!!

Not sure why your TA said that. I just checked, and there are plenty of cruises and dates with the Military rate. What date and ship are you looking at? You can always do a mock booking yourself and see if it is available. It is not available on all ships/dates, but during November it is available for most cruises.

Also, I haven't sailed Carnival yet (will later this month- WOOHOO!), but the only other line we've sailed rarely had military discounts, they were generally last minute, etc. We found a great military discount for our upcoming cruise AND it is a holiday (Thanksgiving) cruise- I was shocked! So keep trying- It might just be your particular sailing. I am not exactly sure how it works, but I think I read on the Carnival website that only a certain number of rooms are set aside to be ear-marked for military discount.

Maybe I actually need 3 cups of coffee vs 2 today because I'm not sure what you meant by:

We all know Carnival's rules:o

Come on Carnival!!!!!!

You're thankful for the discount, right? They don't have to do anything. Normal prices are still good, anything beyond that is a blessing. :)

Maybe I actually need 3 cups of coffee vs 2 today because I'm not sure what you meant by:

You're thankful for the discount, right? They don't have to do anything. Normal prices are still good, anything beyond that is a blessing. :)

We did not get the discount!:(

Just got a call from our TA, said the reason is our category is sold out:cool:

We all know Carnival's rules:o

Come on Carnival!!!!!!

Are you booked Early Saver & trying to price drop to Military? If your category is sold out then you can't do the price drop.

We are booked ES for our January B2B and have received several price drops to Military on each cruise.

Our price drops are probably over because our category is sold out.

I also do not understand your statement - "We all know Carnival's rules". What rules are you implying? If your category is sold out, there are no price drops available!!!!!

Are you booked Early Saver & trying to price drop to Military? If your category is sold out then you can't do the price drop.

We are booked ES for our January B2B and have received several price drops to Military on each cruise.

Our price drops are probably over because our category is sold out.

I also do not understand your statement - "We all know Carnival's rules". What rules are you implying? If your category is sold out, there are no price drops available!!!!!

It is well known that Carnival's rules are not consistant across the board. You can call and get one answer, then call right back and get a completely different answer. That has been my experience and many of my friends experiences as well. Please don't get me started on what has occurred in the past as we are trying to put certain things behind us that are none of anyone's business.

I had no idea our category was sold out when I contacted our TA about the discount.

If you have never cruised Carnival, as one of you stated, you will soon find out what I mean.

Happy Sails!!:)

Military discounts are like resident discounts and senior discounts. Not all sailings have them. I love the military, (go 1st Cav!) but because not ALL cruises offer a senior discount does not mean the cruise line does not like seniors, it means they do not feel they need to offer a discount for them to book. Same as residency discounts.

Sorry, but the idea you MUST get a discount for being military is presumptuous at best. Cruise lines do not offer military discounts because they necessarily appreciate your service, they offer them to get you to book a cruise. PLEASE note they do not offer them for active duty Ugandan, Korean, Japanese, Brazilian, Peruvian, etc members. This is a sales tool, like all the other so called discounts they offer.

We are booked on Pride in January, it was listed this morning as available, maybe our TA was not quick enough? Still does not make sense to me!!

If you go to Carnival direct.....and I just did ....and created a booking, selecting the military discount.....they're having a "military month" rate...

On a balcony room, the rate for Military Month is $474 per person ....

Fun Select is $759

Past Guest with 2 upgrade is $529

Super Saver is $559

Why use a TA? CCL won't deal direct with you when you go through a TA ..they'll just refer you back to the TA. Book direct online with CCL, and you have full direct access to them for any changes, etc., you might need to make.

On the military rate: They may or may not make you re-submit a DD-214. There's some question as to whether they keep it on file or not, as some have had to re-submit it each time they cruise to get the rate.

Be sure to obliterate the social security number before you fax or scan and email it to them......

If you go to Carnival direct.....and I just did ....and created a booking, selecting the military discount.....they're having a "military month" rate...

On a balcony room, the rate for Military Month is $474 per person ....

Fun Select is $759

Past Guest with 2 upgrade is $529

Super Saver is $559

Why use a TA? CCL won't deal direct with you when you go through a TA ..they'll just refer you back to the TA. Book direct online with CCL, and you have full direct access to them for any changes, etc., you might need to make.

On the military rate: They may or may not make you re-submit a DD-214. There's some question as to whether they keep it on file or not, as some have had to re-submit it each time they cruise to get the rate.

Be sure to obliterate the social security number before you fax or scan and email it to them......

I got a better rate than those you listed, and put down a 24 hour hold. We transfer it to her. Our TA always sweetens the pot, and Is still working on the discount for us but told not to expect one from Carnival since our cat is sold out and we do not want to give up our suite to downgrade to a balcony.

My DH was a Seal during Viet Nam, trained in Special Ops and rarely talks about it, Stories still come out over 40 years later! I see you retired from the Navy,,,,,,,,,thank you for your service!:)

I got a better rate than those you listed, and put down a 24 hour hold. We transfer it to her. Our TA always sweetens the pot, and Is still working on the discount for us but told not to expect one from Carnival since our cat is sold out and we do not want to give up our suite to downgrade to a balcony.

My DH was a Seal during Viet Nam, trained in Special Ops and rarely talks about it, Stories still come out over 40 years later! I see you retired from the Navy,,,,,,,,,thank you for your service!:)

So you have a suite you want to keep and the category is sold out. Why would you expect a rate reduction when Carnival has no need to reduce that rate if there are no empty suites to fill? What does a reduced rate on a balcony have anything to do with it? Are you trying to lower your suite rate with a balcony sale rate?

So you have a suite you want to keep and the category is sold out. Why would you expect a rate reduction when Carnival has no need to reduce that rate if there are no empty suites to fill? What does a reduced rate on a balcony have anything to do with it? Are you trying to lower your suite rate with a balcony sale rate?

:confused: I got an email from Carnival about Military month and it included our sailing. I DID NOT KNOW our cat was sold out. If it was not sold out, we would get the Military discount. If we want to give up our Suite and downgrade to a balcony, we would get the Military rate as that cat is not sold out.............understand????

God Bless our Veterans!!

:confused: I got an email from Carnival about Military month and it included our sailing. I DID NOT KNOW our cat was sold out. If it was not sold out, we would get the Military discount. If we want to give up our Suite and downgrade to a balcony, we would get the Military rate as that cat is not sold out.............understand????

God Bless our Veterans!!

Yes, sir/maam! However this isn't how you worded your first statement with the word balcony in it.

Archived