123 Go - Beverage Package

#4'smom

We're more interested in wine by the glass. Assuming the $8 limit severely restricts the choice ('house' wine?), then the $12 limit should provide some decent wines.

Does anyone have experience with this?

BC

Below is a link to a 2012 MDR wine list.

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showpost.php?p=32319628&postcount=2

Anyone have prices for Daqueries and coladas, and the fruity slushy drinks? Can these all be bought with the basic package and not needed to go to the premium alcohol package?
The basic classic package includes brands such as Bacardi rum and Absolute vodka as well as no name well brands which the bartenders will use unless you're brand specific when you order your drink. If you order a Mango Daiquiri with Bacardi, that is what you'll get, otherwise it'll be whatever "well brand" they have at that bar. Either way, they are all covered by the Classic package. The Premium package comes into play if you wish to drink at the Molecular Bar on the S Class ships that have one or at the Martini Bar with the higher end large martinis made with the better ingredients such as Grey Goose. You can get a basic martini, appletini or cosmo in a smaller version with lower end ingredients under the Classic package as well.

The Premium package works well if you enjoy the higher end drinks as well as wine that is over 8.00 or beer that is over 5.00. With the Premium package, all three categories are covered up to 12.00. The other difference is that if you have the classic and your order a drink that is 10 bucks, you're charged the full 10 bucks, plus 15% tip. If you have the Premium and you order a 15.00 glass of wine, you're only charged the 3.00 differential over the 12.00 limit, plus 0.45 tip.

Limits have changed for the Classic: $6 for beer now, still $8 for wine

The limit for the Premium is now $13.

Many wines by the glass prices have increased by $1 since earlier this year. Not sure if beer and liquor has increased.

• 1 month later...
Can anyone tell me if the beverage package includes drinks and/or wine in the main dining room and the buffet?

yes. The beverage packages include drinks everyplace you can buy individual size drinks on the ship except for room service and your cabin's mini bar.

Every bar, lounge and dining venue is included.

Edited by Lsimon

yes. The beverage packages include drinks everyplace you can buy individual size drinks on the ship except for room service and your cabin's mini bar.

Every bar, lounge and dining venue is included.

Thanks, that was a quick response. Would you also happen to know if it includes frozen drinks such as pina coladas with rum...I can find a drink price list on Celebrity's site.

thanks again:D

• 3 weeks later...
Is the tip (service charge) also included when you buy a drinks package? not just on the 123 offer?

When you buy a drinks package you will be charged an extra 15% added onto the package price to cover tips. So if a package is advertised as $44.00 then your actual payment would be $50.60 inclusive of the tip service charge.

I changed from the classic to the premium plan yesterday. It was 11.50 per day for the upgrade. I like fizzy water and the fact that I won't have to stop and figure if something is on my list. A couple of weeks ago I had a couple of vodka and tonics that were made with well liquor and had a hangover that was a bugger! I am only having liquor that I know now! Hahaha!

• 1 month later...

Looking for a couple of answers on drinks:

1. We both have the premium package,,,,,, can I still buy drinks with my card,,, and before I get a bunch of ?????, the reason I ask this is, can I get myself a drink with my card and then purchase a drink or a "round" for people that we may be sitting with (that do not have the package?) ?

2. With both of us having the premium package, are we able to get beer or other drinks (Smirnoff ice drink for eg.) unopened and take back to our cabin to enjoy later ?

Thanks for any help with this

Looking for a couple of answers on drinks:

1. We both have the premium package,,,,,, can I still buy drinks with my card,,, and before I get a bunch of ?????, the reason I ask this is, can I get myself a drink with my card and then purchase a drink or a "round" for people that we may be sitting with (that do not have the package?) ?

2. With both of us having the premium package, are we able to get beer or other drinks (Smirnoff ice drink for eg.) unopened and take back to our cabin to enjoy later ?

Thanks for any help with this

1) Sure you can do this, just explain to your server. Your card acts as your charge card for anything you buy on the ship.

2) No problem picking up bottles or cans unopened to take back to your cabin, but you will only be able to get 1 at a time per card. For bottled water, however, you can get a large bottle with each card.

You cannot get drinks for other people using your drink package. You may purchase a round with your SeaPass, but not on your drinks package.

If you want to have a beer (never saw Smirnoff Ice) in your room, just tell the bartender not to open it. The cooler in your room isn't really a fridge tho.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Thanks all for the replies,,,,, I did have Smirnoff Ice on our last trip and could get it throughout the cruise. Did not have the package at that time but had a great waiter that would give me 7 in a bucket of ice for the price of 5. (lol, and that was between the two of us or I'd never had made it to supper)

We are going with 2 other couples. The other two couples each have a drinker and a non drinker. At booking could we have the drinkers in one room and the non drinker booked in another? Then switch room when we are there?? Or is there an easier way of doing this to best utilize the beverage package?:confused:

We are going with 2 other couples. The other two couples each have a drinker and a non drinker. At booking could we have the drinkers in one room and the non drinker booked in another? Then switch room when we are there?? Or is there an easier way of doing this to best utilize the beverage package?:confused:

Makes sense to me - I really can't think of another viable approach.

.....Thinking its the only thing I can do to utilize one of the other "Perks" ...just didn't won't to get in trouble?

Thanks

Yes, the sea passes are coded with the package and when they're swiped, the picture of the pass owner shows up on the screen. If you simply swap cards you may be challenged by the bartender - I was when I presented my wife's card without looking - luckily I was carrying both.