Oasis Owners Suite

Here is my review that with pictures of OS 11240. http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1474659&highlight=11240+mirror The a cabin was port side and gives quieter views when in port. The starboard side gives you views of the pier. It is the same for Oasis or Allure.

In Saint Martin they take on bunker fuel for almost the entire day on the port side. So if you do an Eastern sailing and are on the port side remember that it will be "noisy" and a bit smelly outside. We still used our balcony but others might find it to be not as user friendly that day.

Hope this helps,

Andrew

Here is my review that with pictures of OS 11240. http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1474659&highlight=11240+mirror The a cabin was port side and gives quieter views when in port. The starboard side gives you views of the pier. It is the same for Oasis or Allure.

In Saint Martin they take on bunker fuel for almost the entire day on the port side. So if you do an Eastern sailing and are on the port side remember that it will be "noisy" and a bit smelly outside. We still used our balcony but others might find it to be not as user friendly that day.

Hope this helps,

Andrew

.....not sure we ever got the real story on what made that mirror fall!? :D;)

Best to you and your family.

(johnstoc13 - sorry for the thread steal)

Hope this helps,

Andrew

Great review, thanks!!! Can't believe the mirror story, but not surprised that RCI dealt with it efficiently and professionally.

Edited by johnstoc13

Great review, thanks!!! Can't believe the mirror story, but not surprised that RCI dealt with it efficiently and professionally.

Yes, they were very professional about the whole incident. Hope the review helped. I would suggest if you get an OS do not stay under the pool deck as some people say it is noisy.

Andrew

Another question...when ordering room service from MDR, does it arrive just as hot and good as in the actual MDR? Thinking about breakfast for sure, but might want to dine in our room one night for dinner. Do we order all courses at once? Probably goofy questions, but we've never been in anything above a JS. Any help is much appreciated!!

Another question...when ordering room service from MDR, does it arrive just as hot and good as in the actual MDR? Thinking about breakfast for sure, but might want to dine in our room one night for dinner. Do we order all courses at once? Probably goofy questions, but we've never been in anything above a JS. Any help is much appreciated!!

We order dinner and it usually takes 45 minutes to an hour for MDR food. You can also order from the regular room service at the same time, to get something delicious like their cheese cake.

All items come at once and you can order drinks such as milk, coffee etc. We always let them know how many people the service will be for, and don't forget to ask for salt pepper and other condiments that you need. Quite often they will bring buns or extra dishes like cheese platters or extra deserts or at least they have for us. As someone else stated you can request a table cloth. We have also dined on the balcony as well as the table.

As for how hot, it comes pretty well considering it all comes at once. We usually eat it quickly and it maintains a good level of heat. It might not be hot enough for my MIL, but then again she has asbestos hands from all those years in the kitchen.

We also keep a roll of small bills to say thanks to the room service delivery staff. Maybe that's why we get the extra items. We usually see the same people at least twice or more per sailing and there is no better way of saying thanks than showing your appreciation.

Hope this helps.

Andrew

Edited by A&L_Ont

Any more questions, ask away. Either I will know or make something up:p

Do you sail in March or April? I think we are on her before you on March 8, 2014.

Andrew

We're going at the end of April, the 26th. If I think of something else I will!