Magic Bullet - "OK" or not?

Tom-n-Cheryl

Anyone brought along a Magic Bullet on their Carnival cruise -- checked luggage or carry on?

I would tend to think that it's permitted - but then again, I know how baggage screeners/security can twist and misinterpret their own guidelines.

Tom

Mine was in a carry on bag and was flagged at the x ray security check at Pt Canaveral. Security wouldn't let it come on board with me, but it was waiting at security with all the other "contraband" items when I left the ship.

I have brought my Magic Bullet Blender on my last 10 cruises. Always take the blender body wrap in a kitchen towel, then also wrap my blade and the cup in separate towels, placed them all in a plastic bag and pack it between my clothes. I don't place it between clothing to "conceal" it though, it is merely a method of protection against luggage violence lol. If they needed to remove it and hold it then so be it, I began taking it long before I ever learned it wasn't "permitted". And will continue to bring it until told otherwise :D

Edited by cruisecrazy82

I have brought my Magic Bullet Blender on my last 10 cruises. Always take the blender body wrap in a kitchen towel, then also wrap my blade and the cup in separate towels, placed them all in a plastic bag and pack it between my clothes. I don't place it between clothing to "conceal" it though, it is merely a method of protection against luggage violence lol. If they needed to remove it and hold it then so be it, I began taking it long before I ever learned it wasn't "permitted". And will continue to bring it until told otherwise :D

Occasionally, it is easier to ask for forgiveness rather than permission... ;)

Tom

To make your own frozen cocktails of course. Along with the smuggled rum.

LOL

Actually, we "bit the bullet" ( LOVE IT !) and have just been paying the nearly $100 to have a liter of alcohol in our cabin upon embarkation. That takes the element of the unknown out of the equation. We never had problem with Rum Runners, but the "anxiety" of being called to the naughty room for that was always looming. Instead we were called there multiple times for fans, power bars, curling iron, etc... (ONCE even moving aside a rum runner while they searched for the fan in my presence)!! :D

Tom

Edited by Tom-n-Cheryl

We don't take a Magic Bullet, we take along one of those hand mixer thingies. We like to use it for fresh fruit smoothies. Believe it or not we do not put alcohol in it. When we have been in the Sun a lot a refreshing smoothie is awesome. We use the food we have paid for, just mix it up ourselves. Never has it been taken from us. I usually wrap it in a shirt or something to help protect the blade on it.

Confession. ..I didn't immediately know what a magic bullet was and imagined something rather more racy... and no, my mind isn't typically in the gutter! Glad there was a post describing it as a blender lol

Sent from my SGH-T889 using Forums mobile app

Confession. ..I didn't immediately know what a magic bullet was and imagined something rather more racy... and no, my mind isn't typically in the gutter! ...

LOL - yep, I can see how that might bring up other thoughts...

Tom

Confession. ..I didn't immediately know what a magic bullet was and imagined something rather more racy... and no, my mind isn't typically in the gutter! Glad there was a post describing it as a blender lol

Sent from my SGH-T889 using Forums mobile app

LOL, Clearly the discussion here is not about the same "Magic Bullet" as what I had in my mind, it took me a few posts to realize we're talking about a blender here. I was thinking why would it matter what toys were brought along?!! :D

It would be nice if Carnival was as open minded as NCL w/regard to coffee pots in your cabin: LINK

Actually, on the (NCL) Breakaway a few weeks ago, I called and was able to have a full size iron and ironing board brought to our cabin. We've done that on other NCL sailings as well.

I have yet to hear of any passenger cabin fires on NCL from irons or coffee pots... ;) (edit - OR Magic Bullets!)

Tom

Edited by Tom-n-Cheryl

LOL, Clearly the discussion here is not about the same "Magic Bullet" as what I had in my mind, it took me a few posts to realize we're talking about a blender here. I was thinking why would it matter what toys were brought along?!! :D

oh thank god, Im not alone..lol