Carnival hot chocolate

FlyingCruiserNJ

Why do I not remember there being hot chocolate in a machine on any of my cruises? I've always gotten hot chocolate from room service in the morning. Is it on the lido deck by the coffee? I feel like I am missing out! But I look forward to February to try some!

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Forums mobile app

Add Bourbon and a touch of Amaretto, just sayin.

Or Kahlua or Peppermint Schnapps.

Sometimes the powder off to the side and you need to tap the top of the hot chocolate dispenser (where the chocolate powder is) to get the powder level so it goes down.

Why do I not remember there being hot chocolate in a machine on any of my cruises? I've always gotten hot chocolate from room service in the morning. Is it on the lido deck by the coffee? I feel like I am missing out! But I look forward to February to try some!

I know what you mean - I was on my 9th Carnival Cruise on the Dream last month - and lo and behold - there's hot chocolate. I've never noticed it before either. It really is good - by itself or mixed in with some coffee. Now that I know it's there, I'll be enjoying it on the Legend when I set sail on Sunday.

It looks just like a small coffee dispenser. Most people don't even notice that it's chocolate instead of coffee. :eek: GREAT STUFF!

"SKY"

I think the Hot Chocolate is one of the best kept secrets on the ship. EXCELLENT, and always available! I don't know what brand it is, but I always just figured it was because it's "whipped" before it is dispensed into the cup. Whatever it is, it's absolutely superior! :cool:

"SKY"

It definitely is a well kept secret for sure...WHERE is it served..in allllll my cruises I have never seen it...I must be totally blind since it's probably right under my nose.right? LOL

Same here. We always got it from either room service or main dining room.

Where are the machines on the conquest?

I don't think the machines are on all ships.. I could be wrong.

We were on the Inspriration a few months ago. While in the buffet I remember my son mixing a packet of hot chocolate with water. So maybe they didn't have the machine.

In the past I have brought some mini-marshmallows that make it even better. I haven't bothered for the last few years and have kind of forgotten about the hot chocolate, but next week on the Glory I'll make a point to get some.

John

So is the machine in the buffet area - near the coffee etc???

On our recent Glory Cruise- my family had it at least 2X per day!

My husband and I would do 1/4 hot chocolate and the rest coffee. Did away with the need to add any cream or sugar. LOVED this!

My kids, of course, just had it plain. I liked how it didn't come out of the machine super duper hot. It was the perfect temp for kids to enjoy right away.

One morning, in the buffet, I did see a man frantically trying to unplug the machine- knocking over a big stack of coffee cups in the process. A worker came over, and helped him. The hot chocolate was just flowing and flowing and flowing!

The hot chocolate from Room Service is just regular hot chocolate...nothing special. However, the hot chocolate from the machines at the buffet is out of this world! I don't know if it a different mix than Room Service uses, the machine or just having the perfect water/mix ratio when it makes it, but it is perfection!

The Hot Chocolate machines are on EVERY ship I've sailed, (and I've sailed just about all of them!) You'll find them in the buffet area, on Lido, clustered with the coffee machines, and the ice tea/lemonade machines. There is usually just one Hot Chocolate machine in each cluster of these other drink dispensers. As I noted before, it looks just like a slightly smaller version of the coffee machines, and will say "Chocolate" on it. They really do make EXCELLENT hot chocolate! :cool:

"SKY"

Awesome, so I'm now the only one who loves the stuff. I do wonder myself sometimes why more people don't drink it but they are the ones missing out, not me lol. The machine does froth it up before it dispenses. Maybe that is why it tastes a little richer. Only thing I don't like is that you only get half a cup or so each time you hit the dispense button but if you hit it twice it pours too much and the cup overflows. But then again! If that's a problem I will just have to get two cups instead of one! Glad to see im not alone in my hot chcolate addiction. :cool: