NCL Jade 7-Day Greek Isles- Oct 12-19, 2013 - Review and Pictorial

computerworks

Thanks so much for the pictures and review. I remember you Star CTN review a while back. We stayed in the same family suite last month. In March, we will be on the Jade again, but sadly not in a Garden Villa. We will be going to Katakolon and really appreciated your Olympia pictures.

Happy Sailing.

Hi Ron

Thanks for an awesome review! it brought back some great memories of the Jade as we were on her this year for another fab cruise - we called at Katakolon too but we had a chill out day and didn't do Olympia as we had been to Rome and then Ephesus and didn't want to get too "ruined" out! :)

We can save Olympia for another cruise I am sure!

You packed a lot in Corfu but it is a very driveable island as I did a similar route a few years back on the Splendour of the Seas.

Which restaurant did you eat out in Oia? We will be visiting Santorini next year and I might persuade my fiance to hire out a car - I have been to Santorini before and I know the island fairly well but he's never been so he is in for a treat! :)

• 9 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...
Day Four - Santorini

We rented car from Tony's Rent A Car & Moto in Fira (Firostefani). His office is a short walk from where the cable car lets you off.

http://www.santorini.com/rentals/tonys

Words cannot express how great this was. A family run business. Tony really takes care of you...as we will see towards the end of the day. No better choice for a car in Santorini.

Hi, would you have Tony's email address?

I sent a request online twice (once last week and again on Friday) but haven't had a response. We would like to book with Tony's for our day in Santorini on 21 Oct.

Thanks!

P.S. Truly LOVED your review - we're picking your brains already!!

Hi, would you have Tony's email address?

I sent a request online twice (once last week and again on Friday) but haven't had a response. We would like to book with Tony's for our day in Santorini on 21 Oct.

Tony's

Rent A Car & Moto

Firostefani -Santorini-Greece

Tell 0030---2286022863 Fax 0030--2286024113

http://www.santorini.com/rentals/tonys

http://www.travel-to-santorini.com/h...ira/hotelthira

email thiragr@otenet.gr

owner: Dacoronias Antonis

• 2 weeks later...

We did this itinerary 3 years ago as part of a back to back. The Jade holds a special place for us - she has taken us on almost all of our cruises to Europe. The last time we cruised on her, while eating our first lunch up at the Great Outdoors, my husband said "I feel like I'm home." I know the ship well and you have captured her true essence with your wonderful photographs. I must admit this was also the first time I teared up reading a review - the part about your wife's family was very touching.

I relived my cruise through your pictures. Thank you so much for taking the time to post - you brought a smile to my face with each new picture you posted.

Thanks all for the kind words... it is great to see this thread bubble up, now that the Greek Isle cruises are near.

As I said earlier... one of the best trips we have taken.

To all that are heading out to the Greek Isles...enjoy.

(I'll be watching this thread if any questions arise.)

• 6 months later...

Hi! I am very new at cruising and this is my first post. I found your beautiful review because I was searching info on the pools on the Jade. My cousins and I just returned from the Gem. I have knee replacements so found it impossible for me to get into pools. Your pictures were so informative and enjoyable. I did see though that the pool entry is the same on both Gem and Jade. So want to try a cruise from Venice to Greek Isles next year but I will have to keep searching. Can't afford one of the luxury liners so hope to find something good. Keep doing what you do best! Looks like everyone enjoyed. Thanks for all the info and beautiful pictures!

This review was a great find! We're booked on a TA on Jade in October from Barcelona after some other Europe tours including a HAL cruise of Greek Isles and Turkey... so this was a grand combination to bring me up to date on both. Haven't been on NCL for a decade but Jade looks lovely. I'm excited about a balcony room, no Garden Villa... probably ever. I'm sure there will be a lot of differences since NCL 2010 but my motto is, "It's hard to have a bad day on a cruise ship!"

Thanks for the great photos of these beautiful ports. Hadn't thought about renting a car and it looks like a very good way to go. m--

After taking in the shops and boutiques, we stopped for lunch at one of our favorite restaurants near the Ponte Rialto. It is down an alley and a bit hard to find, but you will always find it busy with local business folks there for lunch and dinner.

10633188013_db54e64d6c_b.jpg

Because of you, we went there for dinner one night and had a fab time. I had a whole sea bass, and it was the BEST fish dinner I have ever had. Ever.

We will certainly go back - next time we are back in Venice.

Edited by bluesea777

• 11 months later...