Just got upgraded to a suite!

cl00686

Good for you. I got upgraded from an interior on upper on the Sensation to an oceanview at the last minute last week. No charge. It just goes to show you that people are not really interested in anything but bargain basement minimum accomodations seeing that the nicer and more expensive cabin classes are not selling. They sell you the nice suite at a lower price and hope that you like the experience and will book it again at a later date. Hope you enjoy it though! I have never been in anything more than a standard balcony cabin.

That is an amazing price for seven days on the Magic in a suite. For that price, even my cheapskate of a SO would have taken the offer. Enjoy!!!

That's what I thought also!

Sent from my HTCONE using Forums mobile app

No, you're in a $2100 suite for $2100. If they sold it to you for $2100, that's all it's worth. But is sure feels good to think about it the other way. We've all done it!

Based on some of the posts following mine, I think my comment was misunderstood. I wasn't trying to "diminish" anybody's excitement, nor do I live in the "Bitter Barn".

It just struck me as being the same thing as when they tell me at the store that I "saved X dollars because I used my store loyalty card", when in reality I didn't save, I just spent less. There's a difference!

Sorry if I rained on anybody's parade. LOL!! :D

Regardless of the price, you got a great value, you're happy with it, and you'll have a great time. Now go enjoy your cruise!!!!!!

Edited by 1313steve

We did same thing (same offer) when we sailed on the Valor last May. We loved the suite! The only thing I didn't like was that we were right near the glass elevators ..atrium was below. There's an opening in the wall on either side of the glass elevators, and you can stand at the opening where there's a railing and look down on the atrium. All of the noise from the atrium could be heard in our cabin..EVERYTHING! One night I swear the singer (whose voice went right through me) was singing right in our cabin! If I booked a suite again, I would choose a bit further away from the glass elevator.

If you are anywhere near the opening of the hallway that leads to the glass elevators, you will hear it, but on a good note, it won't be lasting all night. If you are about 3 cabins away or more, you are probably ok.

Enjoy the suite...it's wonderful (and make use of the jacuzzi tub..it's also wonderful)!

Based on some of the posts following mine, I think my comment was misunderstood. I wasn't trying to "diminish" anybody's excitement, nor do I live in the "Bitter Barn".

It just struck me as being the same thing as when they tell me at the store that I "saved X dollars because I used my store loyalty card", when in reality I didn't save, I just spent less. There's a difference!

Sorry if I rained on anybody's parade. LOL!! :D

Regardless of the price, you got a great value, you're happy with it, and you'll have a great time. Now go enjoy your cruise!!!!!!

It is a female thing. DW will come home from shopping and tell me she is so happy that she saved 50% on what she bought. Of course she would never pay the original price so it is not exactly true but after 43 years why argue. Best to argue over the important things. icon7.gif

Enjoy your suite OP.

So ny wife calls me and asks if Carnival has called me, I told her no why???

She tells me she just got a call and offered a suite for $500 total with no extra taxes...

So needless to say we are now in a $3400 suite for right at $2100!

We cruise on the 17th, and I can't wait as we've never had a suite .

Congratulations!!! The $500 is well worth the upgrade. The only problem is that once you have a suite you never want to go back to any other type of cabin:)

Which ship? We got a visit form the upsell fairy a couple of years ago that put us into a very-little-documented "Owner's Suite" on the Carnival Imagination.

I felt like I was in a large condo at sea. The cabin was beyond enormous.

Magic

I'm good to go no matter what's said by others :cool:

Enjoy your Suite and the cruise. Don't let the naysayers, and grammar police diminish your excitement. Whether it was free, or you paid, it is still an upgrade from the cabin you originally booked, as you will be in a higher category cabin. Upgrade, upsell, who cares, you're happy, so that is what is important.

Congrats !!! We had something like this happen to us too .. We were booked on the Breeze in January ( interior cabin) and a couple weeks later actually the night we were gonna book our flight we got a letter in the mail from Carnival offering us a free cabin . Since there is three of us booked it was only for two but the third person had their price reduced greatly . Only thing is we had to switch to a different ship since we couldn't switch our sailing dates due to work schedules . So we got a balcony room for 7 days for 3 people for the price of 1 person without port fees . Good thing we didn't book that flight :-)

It is a female thing. DW will come home from shopping and tell me she is so happy that she saved 50% on what she bought. Of course she would never pay the original price so it is not exactly true but after 43 years why argue. Best to argue over the important things. icon7.gif

Enjoy your suite OP.

yep:D I love figuring out how much I saved- even though I'd never spend the full Amount, Spent $150 at Value village and saved $300! Spent $900 on a med cruise and saved $5000 when assigned a balcony! maKes the purchase even more tasty!

Sent from my SGH-T889 using Forums mobile app

My oh my...Why does people feel they have to make sure to tell someone they were upsold not upgraded??? Does it really matter??? The OP is very happy about the deal they got...let it be already! But FYI....Sounds like an upgrade to me:

1up·grade noun \ˈəp-ˌgrād\

: an area or surface that goes upward : an upward slope

: an occurrence in which one thing is replaced by something better, newer, more valuable, etc.

So ny wife calls me and asks if Carnival has called me, I told her no why???

She tells me she just got a call and offered a suite for $500 total with no extra taxes...

So needless to say we are now in a $3400 suite for right at $2100!

We cruise on the 17th, and I can't wait as we've never had a suite .

I can't wait for ours on the 18th. I hope that the upgrade fairy calls us!!! :(