Are prepaid shore excursions considered an onboard purchase?

LindaM

Do you get any Mariner Days Credit for spending on the Explore 4 Signature Beverage Package??

We are wondering the same thing? We have a OBC on our next cruise and were wondering if we would get credit for spending the $500 and then have the OBC applied and our balance would be $0. Would it mean we didn't spend anything because of $0 balance? Will know by Jan. 2015 when we get our next status update.

We are wondering the same thing? We have a OBC on our next cruise and were wondering if we would get credit for spending the $500 and then have the OBC applied and our balance would be $0. Would it mean we didn't spend anything because of $0 balance? Will know by Jan. 2015 when we get our next status update.

You will get credit for the total sum you spend regardless how much OBC you have.

• 3 years later...
We have received an OBC of say $500. If we spend $600 do you think we will still get bonus days for having spent $600 or will the OBC which reduces the amount to $100 effect whether we will receive the bonus days?

The OBC is included in the amount you spent; so $500 OBC and $100 actual dollars spent is $600 which will get you 2 days credit :-)

That's good to know. Thanks for the info.

Roz

Any cabin that is called a Suite, i.e. Vista Suites on the R and S class qualify for double points. Not so with the balcony cabins on the Vista and Signature classes.

Your OBC are paying down your folio account. Your final bill will determine how many days you get. The good news is, part of it will be used to pay your tips. We have 1250 OBC for our next cruise. I guess we won't be getting too many, if any, bonus days. Don't expect bonus days except for the $100 over and above spent, that you mentioned . I hope I'm wrong, but I doubt that the cruiseline would make it that easy!

I am excited to learn we may get to be 4stars in possibly 4 years or less, if we book SY's. The problem is they book up early on Prinsendam, because there aren't that many!

I am not sure this is correct in all scenarios. I had OBC from my travel agent. It was considered 'purchased" and I did get mariner credit for the purchase, even though I didn't spend it all and it was refunded to my card.

I understand getting the bonus points if it's an upsell situation, but what about an upgrade from a cabin that wasn't eligible to start with? Now I'm totally confused.

Roz

I don't think you can. And I question whether an upsell, which is usually for less than the published fare, will qualify.

We have received an OBC of say $500. If we spend $600 do you think we will still get bonus days for having spent $600 or will the OBC which reduces the amount to $100 effect whether we will receive the bonus days?

You get points for spending $600, regardless of they are comprised of OBC's or not.

I am not sure this is correct in all scenarios. I had OBC from my travel agent. It was considered 'purchased" and I did get mariner credit for the purchase, even though I didn't spend it all and it was refunded to my card.

you do realize the post you are quoting is from 2013?

But, as to the OBC, it's what you spend that counts - whether you book ahead of time on line or use OBC, it makes no difference.

You will receive all the credit + for what you spend on board whether it is by way of OBC or from your own account ;)

Your OBC are paying down your folio account. Your final bill will determine how many days you get. The good news is, part of it will be used to pay your tips. We have 1250 OBC for our next cruise. I guess we won't be getting too many, if any, bonus days. Don't expect bonus days except for the $100 over and above spent, that you mentioned . I hope I'm wrong, but I doubt that the cruiseline would make it that easy!

!

I think you are incorrect. We have always gotten bonus points based on what was actually spent, not the final figure. The OBC's have nothing to do with it, other than reducing your final bill.