Families of the best crew at sea

mommyto2girls

They've all been in my thoughts and prayers. I cannot imagine how difficult it would be to know that your loved ones are in the path of a storm like that, and be helpless to do anything to help them. It's got to be even more difficult when services go down due to the storm, and you can't reach them to know they're okay. And yet these amazing and hard-working people just keep on working, making vacations wonderful for their guests. They truly are remarkable.

Prayers and Blessings go to all the crew, not only NCL but any ship and cruise line. I cannot imagine the grief and concern these people have right now.

If you are on a ship or getting on one this week-end, please let the crew know you understand what is happening and show your support.

Lynda

My prayers are with the crew as most are from the Philppines. This is a nasty Typhoon. Hope NCL allows the crew to have some free Internet minutes/Phone Calls for them to check with their families. These crew members sacrifice a lot when they work on a cruise ship like leaving families members behind for months. It must be a worry for them.

Edited by thescot123

When I first saw the devastation caused by the typhoon, I thought about all of those serving aboard cruise ships unable to be with their loved ones.

Hopefully, NCL will allow them free internet or phone time inorder to contact friends and family at home.

To those of you currently aboard ships, please offer words of comfort to your crew members.

When I first saw the devastation caused by the typhoon, I thought about all of those serving aboard cruise ships unable to be with their loved ones.

Hopefully, NCL will allow them free internet or phone time inorder to contact friends and family at home.

To those of you currently aboard ships, please offer words of comfort to your crew members.

NCL does offer free internet and phone time now, the problem is them getting through :(

NCL does offer free internet and phone time now, the problem is them getting through :(

It will be difficult. After Katrina it was like we were in a black hole, we could not communicate. My husband who was in health care had to be at the hospital and I could not be in contact with him. Cell phones will not be working, no internet, mail stops, no electricity, no fuel, planes cannot land, ports are torn apart, roads are not passable and list goes on.

Much support will be needed. The basic everyday things are the building blocks. Clean clothes and a bath become a gift.

Glad I wasn't the only one thinking about this today. First the earthquake and now this. My heart goes out to them! And the most amazing thing is they will go to work with a smile on their face and many passengers won't have a clue.

Glad I wasn't the only one thinking about this today. First the earthquake and now this. My heart goes out to them! And the most amazing thing is they will go to work with a smile on their face and many passengers won't have a clue.

The poor crew members that have to endure this heartache while working and having a smile on their face through it all.

I also had all of NCL crew members in my thoughts when I heard about the typhoon hitting the Phillipines. NCL has an amazing crew and they work so hard to support their families back home, some crew members leaving their children behind to go work on the cruise ships. My thoughts and prayers are with all the crew members that are worried sick about their loved ones. NCL will do everything they can to help the crew get into contact with their families.