Oasis 3 - Any updates ?

Dear Cruise Critic Fans,

I hope I did not oversee anything... I'm trying to obtain updates around Oasis 3.

Any updates, especially on the following:

1. Name (confirmed) ?
  2. Building progress
    I guess there is no Web-Cam or STX site showing any progress pics ?
  3. Home port and/or routes ?
    I assume that the Anthem might go to Europe, so that Oasis 3 might remain in Carib. giving the possibility to have one Oasis move to Asia and/or Europe, at least part-time.
  4. Difference to Oasis and Allure
    We all know the size and cabine number updates. How about restaurants, additional features ? Or simply more cabins ?

Can't wait :D

Thank you in advance.

Edited by ChristianDecker

Name:

Didn't RCCL register the following names:

• Ovation of the Seas
  • Passion of the Seas
  • Pulse of the Seas

Vantage of the Seas was also registered but got dropped meanwhile, didn't it ?

This would leave at least two names being unused... currently ?! I do hope they bring out further new ships rather than dropping additional names.

Name:

• Ovation of the Seas
  • Passion of the Seas
  • Pulse of the Seas

Vantage of the Seas was also registered but got dropped meanwhile, didn't it ?

This would leave at least two names being unused... currently ?! I do hope they bring out further new ships rather than dropping additional names.

I believe those names have been registered for use but no decision has been made to use them yet.

Name:

• Ovation of the Seas
  • Passion of the Seas
  • Pulse of the Seas

I think Ovation of the Seas would go well with the Quantum of the Seas and Anthem of the Seas. As for Passion and Pulse? :eek: ICK.

This still leaves us with no name for the Oaisis III

The Orlando paper this morning reported that the Port Canaveral city commissioners passed the previous proposal to spend 80 million to build a new pier that would be capable "to handle the largest cruise ships on the drawing boards" The pier must be completed by Nov 15, 2014. Who it is being built for is to be announced before the end of this year.

The Orlando paper this morning reported that the Port Canaveral city commissioners passed the previous proposal to spend 80 million to build a new pier that would be capable "to handle the largest cruise ships on the drawing boards" The pier must be completed by Nov 15, 2014. Who it is being built for is to be announced before the end of this year.

I recall reading somewhere (cannot find the reference now) that this expansion is to accommodate the larger ships (ie: Quantum) at Port Canaveral as a port of call, and not to move a larger ship there as its embarkation port.

I recall reading somewhere (cannot find the reference now) that this expansion is to accommodate the larger ships (ie: Quantum) at Port Canaveral as a port of call, and not to move a larger ship there as its embarkation port.

Here is the latest from our local paper. I heard that the current RCI contract employees at PC have already been briefed that RCCL will be getting the new terminal.

http://www.floridatoday.com/article/20131107/NEWS01/311070065/Port-wants-80-million-cruise-terminal-open-next-year

That's the day Explorer will arrive at the end of it's repo cruise.

Is Quantum really that much bigger than Freedom Class? One of which already calls P. Canaveral home.

That's already known. It is being built for Royal Caribbean as they have the 2 (soon to be 3) largest cruise ships at this moment.

Quantum is not "a larger ship". That would be Oasis class. Quantum class is just a smidge larger than Freedom class, which currently homeports out of Port Canaveral, as you know. :)

Quantum is not "a larger ship". That would be Oasis class. Quantum class is just a smidge larger than Freedom class, which currently homeports out of Port Canaveral, as you know. :)

Good point! So that proves that at least one Oasis class shall come to Port Canaveral, maybe not as a permanent home port yet and maybe as being partly in Europe and/or Asia (not only as going to DryDock).

Good point! So that proves that at least one Oasis class shall come to Port Canaveral, maybe not as a permanent home port yet and maybe as being partly in Europe and/or Asia (not only as going to DryDock).

The strongest rumor (as in: I'm pretty sure that it's true, considering the multiple sources) as far as new ships go, is that Anthem will stay in Europe.

Not sure that RC is going to add an Oasis class ship to that, but you never know.

It's official!! Announced TODAY ( 11/11) FYI:

http://www.seatrade-insider.com/news/news-headlines/port-canaveral-green-lights-new-$80m-cruise-complex.html

Sure looks like an Oasis class ship to me......

Big Al

Perhaps....but perhaps not. It's subject to interpretation.

The new complex will handle the largest cruise ships currently sailing as well as the 6,000-passenger vessels in design, the port said. That covers a ship of Oasis-class dimensions.

It only says it will handle RCI's "largest ships", but not that there's any commitment to port one there.