Upcoming Dining Changes

From his Facebook page. "I was in a long meeting today and rangers will be some very exciting announcements soon about--- well---#you will see. I know the gaggle over on the cruise moan boards will ridicule me for saying this (am I bothered though) but there are some brilliantly exciting announcements coming soon."

Saw this. And based on his reply to kazbar, we'll be finding out next week. Better be good! :)

I can let it out now. The New York Rangers will be the servers and sponsors of the newly enhanced MDR experience.

Sent using the Cruise Critic forums app from my IPhone

Does this mean Micky Arison bought the Rangers, too?

"Waiter, more ice please!"

Edited by sanmarcosman

One of the reasons we cruise Carnival is the menus in the MDR. We like the selection of food and how they are presented. If I had to change something I would divide the MDR into semi-formal and casual.

They already have, the casual dining room is on the Lido deck...:rolleyes:

I hate the dining room... too much of a waste of time out of my day. The Lido buffet has pretty good food and is soooo much more relaxing. We talk to the staff, play cards, etc.... And it's quiet.

That's why there are options. Something for everybody.

Every time Im on here and someone post anything about sneaking anything on a ship people say they read this threads. Maybe they read all of the threads and see the complaints of poor service and food quality in the MDR on there ships. I cruise carnival but I admit Im not a fan of the MDR experience my food usually is not very good and not hot so we only do it a couple times a cruise. I am sorry in advance for making people mad for this but They need to up there game in the MDR and I hope they do.

From JH facebook -

Hi John

Any updates on the dining/menu changes?

- We announce this next week and I will have all the details for you. Cheers

That's what he told me several weeks ago. That an announcement would be made in a few days if not sooner. Of course it never happened

I don't get it. If they don't plan on making these announcements, why say they are going to?

That's what he told me several weeks ago. That an announcement would be made in a few days if not sooner. Of course it never happened

I don't get it. If they don't plan on making these announcements, why say they are going to?

To keep people talking. Working isn't it?;)

I don't exactly have my hopes up, the last round of changes to the menus were atrocious.

• 3 weeks later...

Well, now that the details and sample menus have officially been released, I have to say, I'm fairly pleased. :-)

I know there has already been a lot of nay-saying. However, I think the changes are fresh and modern. Some of the newly introduced flavors (though overly talked up by Heald) seem great. Obviously the taste-testing and reviews will determine whether or not this is completely positive.

I LOVE the idea of a Port of Call section. I always thought this should be included, anyway, for a "five senses" experience of your destinations. Sure, we can get authentic food in port, but I think this is a safe option for those worried about eating/drinking off the ship.

+1 for keeping the WCMC. I really didn't think they'd remove such a tradition and staple from their menu, but there were rumors...

Last, the dreaded table cloth debacle. Though JH hasn't mentioned it, it seems to be common hearsay that they'll be nixed on casual nights. Personally, I'm okay with it AS LONG as the table replacements are tasteful. If you've dined in the steakhouse on the Breeze, you'll find there are no tablecloths. It's actually a very modern, yet upscale feel. So, if done well, I think it could look nice.

Edited by michigancruiser0715

I can let it out now. The New York Rangers will be the servers and sponsors of the newly enhanced MDR experience.

Sent using the Cruise Critic forums app from my IPhone

Unless you are sailing out of Galveston; then it will be the Texas Rangers.

Last, the dreaded table cloth debacle. Though JH hasn't mentioned it, it seems to be common hearsay that they'll be nixed on casual nights. Personally, I'm okay with it AS LONG as the table replacements are tasteful. If you've dined in the steakhouse on the Breeze, you'll find there are no tablecloths. It's actually a very modern, yet upscale feel. So, if done well, I think it could look nice.

People actually PAY extra for the no tablecloth look in the steakhouse. Something that may (or may not) be coming to the MDR at NO extra charge!

It has been my experience that Outstanding service will make avg. food seem like 5 Star. This menu looks like your nicer upscale restaurant menu in any city USA. Lets just hope that the service that we all expect on any cruise ship is up to standard. You do know that we'll have to cut the staff a little slack the first month or so, a new menu of this magnitude will take some time to implement. IMHO I think it will work out just fine..