Port or Starboard

drmomsc

Agree side doesn't matter..Just book the best cabin location on the ship to areas that will be convenient to you regardless of side...Many prefer the mid-ship cabins located near elevators and stairs....Best of luck and enjoy Alaska.

However- it may matter- IF someone, has NO plans to leave the cabin on Glacier Bay day- which there are plenty of people who do make this decision. In that case- for the commentary and usually longer glacier viewing- you need the port side.

Otherwise- clearly it does not matter. What ever side you choose- you are missing the other. Inside passage, has viewing on both sides. Take a look at a map. I don't find it consistent for what side docks toward the towns. I have taken 6 Alaska cruises in the last 2 years and did encounter both sides facing the dock.

I am looking at booking the inside passage with glacier bay with Princess. Which side of the ship is best?

TIA!

One factor to consider if you like seeing or photographing sunrises or sunsets, is the side of the ship and if you are sailing north or south. Another factor is whether you like the morning sun on your balcony in the cool of the morning.