Excursions on the Pearl in Alaska?

JimS4210

Hi everyone,

We'll be taking our first cruise next June (to Alaska) and I have a question. This might be a stupid question, but how many excursions are actually offered? When I log onto my account on NCL, for example, when I select Juneau as my port, I'm offered 8 excursions. Ketchikan has only 7. Will more be offered as time goes on or should I search and book online myself if I don't see anything I like? Thanks!

Jim

Hi everyone,

We'll be taking our first cruise next June (to Alaska) and I have a question. This might be a stupid question, but how many excursions are actually offered? When I log onto my account on NCL, for example, when I select Juneau as my port, I'm offered 8 excursions. Ketchikan has only 7. Will more be offered as time goes on or should I search and book online myself if I don't see anything I like? Thanks!

Jim

Hi,

Go on over to the PORTS OF CALL section and look for the ALASKA board. You will find a TON of information on private tours, tours you can DYI, tips and hints and also find ideas on what else is offered in the port that the shorex doesn't take you to.

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/forumdisplay.php?f=55

Hope you have a great time!

Edited by Sauer-kraut

There are at least 100 Alaska tours to select from. And as mentioned above, your information is on the Alaska board. Budget fully, this isn't the place to skimp in my opinion. Sailing Alaska is about Alaska for many people.

Definitely something you need to budget for. And don't skimp! My husband and I went to Alaska the first time, just the 2 of us. We didn't book anything ahead of time, and were a little frugal. We did a few small, inexpensive things and enjoyed ourselves. But after the cruise was over, and we were in the airport waiting to go home, we regretted not doing some of the more exciting (and maybe more expensive) excursions.

2 years later we went again, took our kids (18, 21, 23) and budgeted for some great excursions. Our kids still talk about that trip and the things they did. For example some of us went whale watching. 2 of the kids did the helicopter to the glacier and ice climbing. They loved that! 2 of us did the helicopter to the glacier and you walk around the glacier. Unbelievable scenery from a helicopter.

Can't explain how awesome Alaska is until you see it first hand . I hope you have as much fun as we did. And we were on the Pearl, too! Love this ship and leaving in 5 weeks on her to the Carribean!