Diamond gifts for under 18s?

xxHadleyxx

This is a silly question, but here it goes anyway ;)

For our first cruise at the diamond level we have booked connecting staterooms. The kids (ages 17 and 15) are booked in one room and the adults in the other.

We normally book one kid and one adult per room (we often book gty or not connecting) but went ahead and figured it would be easier not to get extra keys since we are already in balconies and have fixed rooms this time.

Now I am wondering if we would be better to change it. The one adult per room pattern allows us to bring two more bottles of wine onboard. Does it also change what we get as gifts?

If the kids are one room and we are the other would we only get one of the welcome back gifts (the dry fruit and cookies and drink) and only one of the Chef's choice gift? Or would they deliver one per room even if both people in the room are under 18?

In our experience, twice our daughter received no gift since we booked her in a cabin by herself (under 18). Was tempted to book one of us in her room but didn't feel it was worth messing with the keys once we boarded just for crackers, cheese & nuts and another bottle of champagne (Diamond+ gift) in the MDR. Now that she is over 18 I assume she will receive the gift basket & beverage but not the Champagne. :)

BonVoyage

Dawna

Hum, I take that back. Just logged into her Royal account and she gets to choose her choice of beverage upon boarding as well as any of the Diamond Plus amenities including alcohol delivered to the cabin or MDR. Hum?

As a College student the next time she plans to cruise with us she will be 21, so it's all good anyway :D

BonVoyage

Dawna

As Emerald members I'm not sure what the "chef's choice" gift is, but the dried fruit and inedible cookies aren't anything to miss:D

I know--we tossed ours on the last cruise--but the Cokes are nice. And then there is the wine. And then whatever they send for chef's choice might be.

Any one of those things would not be worth the hassle, but the combo might be.

Dawna, thanks for your input; I very much appreciate it.

I note you say this will be your first cruise as Diamond - Congratulations!

Not sure if you are aware that Diamond status entitles you to a discount on the cruise fare for booking balcony staterooms. If both adults are D status it could be advantageous for you to book one adult and one kid in each room to receive the discount on both rooms ;)

Forgot to say - if both adults are D status, by booking an adult in each room, each adult will receive an amenity instead of on one total if sharing a room.

Edited by C U Onboard

I note you say this will be your first cruise as Diamond - Congratulations!

Not sure if you are aware that Diamond status entitles you to a discount on the cruise fare for booking balcony staterooms. If both adults are D status it could be advantageous for you to book one adult and one kid in each room to receive the discount on both rooms ;)

Thanks--that is an excellent point. Our Emerald balcony discount (we will turn Diamond in May) is showing up for both rooms now. We factored that discount into our choice of rooms ;)

Hum, I take that back. Just logged into her Royal account and she gets to choose her choice of beverage upon boarding as well as any of the Diamond Plus amenities including alcohol delivered to the cabin or MDR. Hum?

As a College student the next time she plans to cruise with us she will be 21, so it's all good anyway :D

BonVoyage

Dawna

I wonder if they have the option to choose so that if you sail out a non North American port you get it? The drinking age onboard is 18 for sailings out of Europe (and I think also Asia and Australia)

Hadley,

Recently on the Navigator we had a JS and our DD with my Mom in a balcony. Mom is a newbie, DD Emerald. She received the gift basket plus one bottle of water. Not to mention that she got the Emerald discount plus 55+ discount for my Mom.:D

We had the gift basket plus two bottles of water.

steamboats

Hadley,

Recently on the Navigator we had a JS and our DD with my Mom in a balcony. Mom is a newbie, DD Emerald. She received the gift basket plus one bottle of water. Not to mention that she got the Emerald discount plus 55+ discount for my Mom.:D

We had the gift basket plus two bottles of water.

steamboats

Thanks--that sounds promising :)