Difference in Daytime Dress Celebrity vs Carnival

Luvsnorkeling

Wear whatever you are comfortable in. Don't worry what others think.....If someone looks down on you, feel sorry for them; they obviously have nothing better in their lives' to focus on than the way YOU dress!:)

No, Cathy, you don't...just you reading your own interpretation into my innocent post... Never a good idea, by the way, without getting to know a person first.

Sorry you took it that way, did not mean to ruffle your feathers. I know plenty of people with their noses up in the air that are good friends of mine. Once again, sorry!:D

my very first thought was that wifebeaters are quite rare on Celebrity (that's already been mentioned)...on another line we cruise (not going to mention it here) we always count how many we men see in them on first day in the buffet--hairy armpits and all..

some daytime special events (wne tastings, etc.) do request daytime smart casual..but generally just nice comfy, clean cruise wear will do that is appropriate for where you are on the ship..no swimsuits or bare feet in buffet etc.

and no bathrobes outside of your stateroom or the spa...so odd to see folks marching around in them on deck!

when we went to an all inclusive reently the brochure had all young tanned perfect bodied folks..I feared we would be too old/fat etc.. we fit in fine so do not go by the brochures--those are models in them..

Edited by hcat

I have not noticed any difference in the daytime dress of any of the cruise lines I have been on (including Carnival, Celebrity, Princess, Cunard, Crystal, and a few others). But one thing I did when I was concerned about this on my first Crystal cruise was a search on YouTube for videos of the ship I was sailing and looked at what people were wearing (in the background while the videographer was giving a tour or talking about something or other). It was reassuring that what I planned to wear was what others were wearing (which turned out the same regardless of the cruise line) (t-shirts, shorts, casual shoes in the Caribbean; jeans, polo shirts, sweaters in colder climes).

We've only cruised Celebrity in the Caribbean. During the day we wear shorts or capris, cotton shirts. Seems to be the norm. I only wear sandals but there are plenty of flip-flops (I don't wear flip-flops because I don't like that thing between my toes). Around the pool areas there are people in swim suits, sometimes with cover ups.

At night in the MDR I usually wear a long sleeveless dress (reversible so I get two-for-one) and sandals. DH usually wears Dockers and a cotton shirt. Formal nights he wears a suit and I wear a sparkly jacket.

Works for us.

I have not noticed any difference in the daytime dress of any of the cruise lines I have been on (including Carnival, Celebrity, Princess, Cunard, Crystal, and a few others). But one thing I did when I was concerned about this on my first Crystal cruise was a search on YouTube for videos of the ship I was sailing and looked at what people were wearing (in the background while the videographer was giving a tour or talking about something or other). It was reassuring that what I planned to wear was what others were wearing (which turned out the same regardless of the cruise line) (t-shirts, shorts, casual shoes in the Caribbean; jeans, polo shirts, sweaters in colder climes).

This is a GREAT suggestion!

We most recently have cruised on Carnival. This will be our first cruise on Celebrity. Will there be a noticeable difference in the way fellow passengers on Celebrity dress during daytime hours? Thanks!

Not much difference during the day.