Catamaran tours?

Illinois cruiser

• 2 weeks later...

Our favorite type of excursion in the Caribbean, and the only type we regularly take, is catamaran tours. With that in mind:

We tried a tour in Antigua called the Creole Cruises Lobster Lunch cruise. It is not a catamaran tour but you still might like it. They take you out on a large motor boat for about a 30 or 40 min ride past some scenic spots then you spend the day on a small out island. There is a beach, nice snorkeling, a short scenic hike for those inclined, and a great lunch of fresh grilled lobsters! On the return trip they make a short stop where you can snorkel a short time to see a bunch of star fish.

Photos here: Antigua Creole Cruises Lobster Lunch excursion  View of Creole Cruises Boat while cruising

Edited by Lsimon

• 2 weeks later...

My wife and I sailed with Wayne and Lara on the Cool Cat catamaran in January. Private catamaran from Jolly Harbor Marina. Great crew and catamaran. We sailed to a snorkeling spot and they made a fantastic grilled lunch while we swam. Later sailed along the coast and then stopped at a beach for a nice time. Highly recommend then. They are ranked first or second on TripAdvisor for Antigua. It was the best excursion of our whole cruise. Their website is catamaransailingantigua.com.

Unfortunately no response from Wadadli Cats. If anyone else heard something let us know!

One word of caution about going on your own:

I did a private tour with a tour company (can't remember the name but they meet in front of the store immedately at the end of the pier; might be Antigua Adventures?). It was a fabulous tour; the speaker was a native Antiguan but she studied marine biology in Minnesota.

The issue was that I was the ONLY person on the tour from a ship; everyone else was staying at the island resorts. I made it clear that I needed to get back the pier by 4:30 p.m. After a wonderful day, I made it back at 4:45 p.m. and the ship was leaving @ 5:00 p.m. I was sweating it and it wasn't because of the heat and humidity! :eek:

Actually one of our favorite cat sails in 12 years of being on the Carib is the Excellence, check their reviews on tripadvisor and elsewhere. And you book this one through the ship, it's the See Antigua by Sea tour. Amazing boat, great crew, and excellent day! Even f you don't snorkel experiencing the beautiful coastline and the blue, blue water is stunning.

Edited by blue_water

• 2 months later...
Actually one of our favorite cat sails in 12 years of being on the Carib is the Excellence, check their reviews on tripadvisor and elsewhere. And you book this one through the ship, it's the See Antigua by Sea tour. Amazing boat, great crew, and excellent day! Even f you don't snorkel experiencing the beautiful coastline and the blue, blue water is stunning.

Blue Water,

How many folks were on board? The only thing I don't like about ships excursions is paying 100 bucks per person to be with 50 other people! Usually we book private or independent, pay the same but only share with a dozen. This sounds great...but any info you can provide would be great!:D