Southern Carib. on Jewel, St. Croix/Itinerary Questions

Taking a cruise mid March 14' and it is a port intensive cruise. itinerary as follows:

Start in Home Port(San Jaun)

Charlotte Amailie, St. Thomas

St. Croix, US Virgin Islands

St. Johns, Antigua

Fort De France, Martinique

Catries, St. Lucia

Sea Day

Back in home port(San Jaun)

My GF and I like chilling in the whirlpools onboard and havent found much to do in St. Croix other than a ship excursion to Freseriksted. It is a 3.5 hour catamaran sail with food and drinks included for 80 US a person.

Would we be better off taking the day to utilize the whirlpool while everyone else is in port or should we spend the extra money?

Other activity suggestions?

Skip another port instead?

Any feedback welcome.

We were on almost the same itinerary on Adventure almost 2 years ago and in St. Croix we did an ATV adventure. Was fun and saw some fantastic views along with the back road and off road sites including an old mill. The name escapes me but I can easily get it if you are interested. Their store was only 2 blocks from the port and we had reserved online.

We are on the March 22 sailing, same itinerary. For a change we are going to try the ATV excursion in St. Croix. The company is called Gecko's Island Adventures.

They were quite responsive to my questions and have assured me that we (inexperienced ATV riders who are seniors) will do just fine. After the excursion we will relax at Rainbow beach and probably walk back to the ship.

We are on the March 22 sailing, same itinerary. For a change we are going to try the ATV excursion in St. Croix. The company is called Gecko's Island Adventures.

They were quite responsive to my questions and have assured me that we (inexperienced ATV riders who are seniors) will do just fine. After the excursion we will relax at Rainbow beach and probably walk back to the ship.

That is the same ATV tour I mentioned in my previous post. Highly recommend.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Forums mobile app

I too would highly suggest the ATV tour through Gecko's. They are terrific! Their office is not even a five minute walk from where the ship docks. Great tour, fantastic views and you get to experience and island on very few cruise itineraries.

I too would highly suggest the ATV tour through Gecko's. They are terrific! Their office is not even a five minute walk from where the ship docks. Great tour, fantastic views and you get to experience and island on very few cruise itineraries.

If doing ATV be sure to reserve as soon as possible. It fills up fast. They have a number of starting times. Assuming same owners they are great couple who moved from Colorado to start the business.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Forums mobile app

Any feedback welcome.

I am sailing with the same itinerary in January and have the Catamaran trip booked in St. Croix and plan to do the ATV's in Antigua!

I've already been to St. Lucia so that is the day I plan on staying on the ship!!

What are your plans for the other ports?

I just wanted to recommend Cosol tours for St. Lucia. We had an awesome time with them, and it was a great value for the money. We especially enjoyed the beach/snorkeling between the Pitons.

And, Lawrence of Antigua is also an excellent private tour guide.

I know this isn't what you asked, but it might be helpful to you and anyone else on a Southern Caribbean itinerary.

We have been there twice. Both times, cabbed to Rainbow Beach. Rented Jet skis from the guys there, drank on the beach and had lunch at Rhythms at Rainbow Beach. First time, extreme jet ski tour and it was extreme! Crossed the whole coast line and went to the cliffs, I believe on the north shore. You must ride single and the waves were pretty freakin intense.

Second time, took more of a tour thing and it was still fun. They kind of let you go at whatever speed you want.

One of my most favorite places in the world!

We were on almost the same itinerary on Adventure almost 2 years ago and in St. Croix we did an ATV adventure. Was fun and saw some fantastic views along with the back road and off road sites including an old mill. The name escapes me but I can easily get it if you are interested. Their store was only 2 blocks from the port and we had reserved online.

I would love to get that information, we did an ATV tour in Jamacia and loved it!

Thanks for everyones input. Im looking into Geckos tour and we plan to explore the other islands along with some activity tours. I think we will lean towards the Catamaran sail in st. croix if we choose to do anything. I will post a review when we get back for anyone sailing similar routes afterwards.