Labadee

premier cruiser

We will be doing the Western Caribbean in the fall 2014. Other than the beach (with cabana) what else can you do there, anything? Please be specific as this is our first visit to Labadee.

Is there shopping, sightseeing or anything else. And is it safe or advisable to do anything other than the beach?

Edited by premier cruiser

Labadee is self contained. The area is large but you cannot (and wouldn't want to) go outside the perimeter. In addition to great beaches there are activities such as a waverunner tour, zip line, snorkeling, etc. Check the shore excursions to see what interests you. It's a great day.

Labadee is self contained. The area is large but you cannot (and wouldn't want to) go outside the perimeter. In addition to great beaches there are activities such as a waverunner tour, zip line, snorkeling, etc. Check the shore excursions to see what interests you. It's a great day.

Don't forget the roller coaster, or whatever they call it. I haven't been there since 2008, so I haven't seen it yet.

We will be doing the Western Caribbean in the fall 2014. Other than the beach (with cabana) what else can you do there, anything? Please be specific as this is our first visit to Labadee.

Is there shopping, sightseeing or anything else. And is it safe or advisable to do anything other than the beach?

also a water slide I think 300 foot long you can use all day for 22$ Slide down the 300 foot long slide into an 18 foot splash zone.

- Available at your leisure all day

Edited by help04me

Depends on how much you want to spend. Cabanas are way overpriced IMO. There are other things to do, but this is our usual plan.

We head to Columbus beach by tram. Free lounge chairs, we tip the guy to set-up our chair under a shady spot. Lunch buffet is right there at the beach under a covered patio type set-up with tables/chairs that the ship provides. There are other locations for the lunch also.

After lunch, we walk by the local merchant 'shops' and pick up a few souvenirs on the way to the Dragons Breath roller coaster. They can be pushy, but stand your ground. You can deal with them also. Picked up a cool walking stick for my son who loves hiking.

After that we work our way back to the ship. Usually back on ship by 3pm to get ready for dinner and relax a bit.

Next time (July) we will have visited Labadee 5 times.

So far we have done.

-beach (suite beach very nice)

-Floatie mat love it

-Snorkel nothing great, kinda just swimming around

-Water slde waste of money

-Dragons breath coaster love it

-zip line LOVE IT !!!!!!!

-Beach games--volleyball, won gold medal 2x

-Jet skis, this will be our third year doing them--although it is follow the leader, it is worth it.

-Food--suite beach very nice.

-Visit vendors

Love it here.

That is why we do the western

Sea Ya

Lioness - loved your reply. What part of the beach on Labadee do you go to to play volleyball. Our whole family loves Vball! And certanly won't want to miss playing.

On all of our sailings.....

Mariner

Freedom and

Allure

The volleyball matches were held at 1pm.

Follow the signs to head towards the Dragons breath coaster..... (you can take the tram or walk) We usually head over about 12:15, stop at the BBQ area and load up on ice water. (Nothing there, no drinks)

Then keep walking past the coaster and the nets are under the zip line.

The reason we go so early is that teams are starting to form and practice.

It is hot-hot-hot there but sand soft enough to play in your bare feet.

Bleachers are hot to sit on, so take a towel.

The usually play a couple matches with the teams and a representative from the ship.

This last time the RCI man forgot to bring the medals:eek:

So we met him on board at the volleyball/basketball court.

Like I said we won the gold medal the last two years and going for the gold again.

Some of the teams are very good others, just for fun, we pick our team:D

Truly enjoyable.

Sea Ya

Sue, thanks for the volleyball information. One of my daughters plays a lot of volleyball here in Chicago and took the silver medal on the Oasis in September 2013. Next October she & her husband, also a volleyball player, and my husband & I are going on the Allure to the Western Caribbean. Am so glad you answered my Labadee question with all your information, especially the time to head to volleyball.

Thanks!

Sue, thanks for the volleyball information. One of my daughters plays a lot of volleyball here in Chicago and took the silver medal on the Oasis in September 2013. Next October she & her husband, also a volleyball player, and my husband & I are going on the Allure to the Western Caribbean. Am so glad you answered my Labadee question with all your information, especially the time to head to volleyball.

Thanks!

We visit Chicago, the Downers Grove area at least once a year. (Thanksgiving)

Met a family years ago on the Disney Cruise and we travel with them, Hawaii, cruises and such.

This year we are unable due to Mother in Law illness.

Planning a visit over Memorial day.

Sea Ya

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks for the V-Ball info. It's been years since I have been to Labadee (11 years, actually), but in the next few months, I'll be making 2 visits. I think my v-ball days are over, but my son loves the game and he'll be on the second sailing with me and pretty much the whole fam-damily. I'll have to pass along this info.