Specialty Restaurants - no soda included???

mjonis

Okay, this just sounds stupid.

If I book the Mystery Dinner, it's $55 and INCLUDES "select wines".

Okay, but I'm on medication that does not allow me to have ANY alcohol (sucks big time).

RCI can't substitute a stinking soda instead of a glass of wine? Where I come from, a soda is considerably less expensive than wine, and you'd think it would actually INCREASE their profit margin.

But instead I have to forgo the wine and pay EXTRA for the soda??!!!

(website says soda is available at "current bar menu prices")

Who comes up with these stupid policies?

I would imagine they include a "sparkling wine" (non-alcoholic) in the options, and will likely substitute soda if the situation is explained.

Along with many people who cannot drink alcohol because of medications, there are probably as many or more people who do not drink because of religious reasons. For a company that honors so many religious and allergy food preferences, I doubt they would have a problem with drinking preferences as well.

OP, you sound so ANGRY already and you haven't even sailed yet, gee. Why don't you wait until you get there and then ask politely? Perhaps you will be pleasantly surprised. :)

Thank you I will do that.

Sent from my SGH-T989 using Forums mobile app

OP, you sound so ANGRY already and you haven't even sailed yet, gee. Why don't you wait until you get there and then ask politely? Perhaps you will be pleasantly surprised. :)

I didn't read anger in OP's post. It makes perfect sense if you pay for a wine pairing dinner and don't want wine they should be able to substitute soda, and more than likely they will oblige. OP post back and let us know. Happy sailing!

Okay, this just sounds stupid.

If I book the Mystery Dinner, it's $55 and INCLUDES "select wines".

Okay, but I'm on medication that does not allow me to have ANY alcohol (sucks big time).

RCI can't substitute a stinking soda instead of a glass of wine? Where I come from, a soda is considerably less expensive than wine, and you'd think it would actually INCREASE their profit margin.

But instead I have to forgo the wine and pay EXTRA for the soda??!!!

(website says soda is available at "current bar menu prices")

Who comes up with these stupid policies?

With that attitude your in for a lousy cruise.