Carnival and formula

pepsiwoman4711

We have a 6th month old headed out with us on a cruise. We plan to pack bottles of the ready made formula. It'll be 40, 8oz bottles. I definitely don't want to carry it on. I was planning to pack it all in a suit case. Can anyone confirm if Carnival is ok with this? I can't find anything on their website that is helpful.

We've been in the same situation (with twins.) I wouldn't even think about trusting my child's only food source to baggage handlers. :eek: What would you do if the bag didn't make it onto the ship? Unlikely, but it does happen.

We can be pretty sure that the ship will have nothing to offer. Unless you can fall back to 100% BFing until you get to the first port, I wouldn't think of letting that food out of sight.

Perhaps buy one of those rolling luggage carts and leave the formula shrink wrapped. Use the cart for the formula and your carryons, so you don't have an extra thing to 'carry.'

I would call them, but it's possible if they are all in 1 box you can stick a luggage tag on it.

Another option would be to carry them on in your stroller and have your baby in an Ergo carrier or something.

We never used formula, but I've heard many people just bring the powdered stuff so there is no issue.

Yes..that will be fine. You can check almost anything, but it's best to have it in a bag/suitcase with handles, so it's easier for the luggage folks to fling about!

But....wouldn't it be much easier to bring powdered formula, and just mix as needed? Sure would take up less space!

Actually, it's probably too late, but breastfeeding is the way to travel....no equipment needed at all!

I travel with medical formula for my son and always carry it on myself. If it disappeared, I can't get more. I don't trust it to anyone. I got a fold up crate on wheels at Office Depot to put it in. They do make you put it through the X-ray machine

Sent using the Cruise Critic forums app

Edited by luvsviola

The water from the tap is produced through reverse osmosis and is purer than water from your tap at home or bottled water. I would not order water for tea from room service, they will often use the same container for coffee and tea and then it's not cleaned well. So, there's coffee in the hot water.

Just use the water from the tap.

The water from the tap is produced through reverse osmosis and is purer than water from your tap at home or bottled water. I would not order water for tea from room service, they will often use the same container for coffee and tea and then it's not cleaned well. So, there's coffee in the hot water.

Just use the water from the tap.

Thanks for the tip. I was thinking o getting the water from the hot water dispenser at the Coffee and Tea station not ordering it from room service. Do you think that would work?

I didn't know that water from the tap was reverse osmosis. That is interesting! LOL - I have always gone up to the buffet and got water for myself from the drink stations!

Thanks for the tip. I was thinking o getting the water from the hot water dispenser at the Coffee and Tea station not ordering it from room service. Do you think that would work?

I didn't know that water from the tap was reverse osmosis. That is interesting! LOL - I have always gone up to the buffet and got water for myself from the drink stations!

All of my babies drank formula mixed with regulation tap water - babies don't need special water (we have city water). The tap water on cruise ships is fine.

For my own comfort, I'd bring bottled water from home just because I'm weird about tap water. Since you'll have 3 passengers, you can bring 36 bottles of water.

This is funny because I am also fussy about tap water. At home our water is city water which is safe but I think it has a funny taste so I put it through the brita, then boil, then cool to room temperature. Likely a little over the top!

• 2 weeks later...

We're leaving in January and our daughter will be 7 months. We use a lot of the ready made at home (wife's been mostly breast feeding so really only a bottle or two of formula a day) but we're planning on just using powder on the ship. Much less bulky to travel with. Enfamil makes those ready made 'sticks' that you just empty into 4oz of water so you don't even have to mess with the scoops. I'm thinking of using those since they can be strewn everywhere in a suitcase and also I think would be real handy in port.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk