Any Balcony Staterooms for Five People?

Fairway Cruiser

Are there any Carnival ships with Balcony Staterooms that will accommodate 5 persons (4 adults, & 1 two year old)? I know the "Deluxe Ocean View Cabins" on certain ships can handle 5 persons, but I can't find any regular balcony staterooms that hold 5 (at least according to the "booking engine). Has anyone done this before?

Are there any Carnival ships with Balcony Staterooms that will accommodate 5 persons (4 adults, & 1 two year old)? I know the "Deluxe Ocean View Cabins" on certain ships can handle 5 persons, but I can't find any regular balcony staterooms that hold 5 (at least according to the "booking engine). Has anyone done this before?

I'm sorry I cant answer that, but I did want to say 4 adults and a 2 year old is going to make for one really cramped room!! you might be more comfortable in 2 cabins.

I agree with the above poster. 4 adults in a room is excessive. 4 adults plus a child is setting the ground work for a new TV show: "Murder on the high seas."

Have you checked to see the price difference between two rooms and cramming everyone into one room? It shouldn't be much at all and even if it was it would be well worth it.

I know the Victory does. We always do 5 in a room. (myself, husband, and 3 kiddos. they are too small to let them have their own, and we can never book early enough to snag any connecting.) That being said.... it is tight, but those are our babies, and there is Camp Carnival :rolleyes:;).... but there is NO WAY we could share that with other adults and a baby! I have to agree. Get seperate rooms. Maybe get a balcony and an inside across the hall, saves money, but you can still all have use of the balcony... good luck!

Edited by beckyk329

The ships that will accommodate five people in a balcony cabin are the Victory and the Triumph. Some of the other ships will accomodate five people if you booked categories that aren't balconies (Interiors, OVs and Suites).

I've done five women in a balcony cabin (it was a Girl Scout cruise) and never again. If possible, split up into two OVs or find a cruise where you can pull of two balconies.

Triumph

Victory

I know the Victory does. We always do 5 in a room. (myself, husband, and 3 kiddos. they are too small to let them have their own, and we can never book early enough to snag any connecting.) That being said.... it is tight, but those are our babies, and there is Camp Carnival :rolleyes:;).... but there is NO WAY we could share that with other adults and a baby! I have to agree. Get seperate rooms. Maybe get a balcony and an inside across the hall, saves money, but you can still all have use of the balcony... good luck!

Good idea but there's barely enough room for two on the balconies.

we've done 4 adults in a balcony. definitely do-able. but I always felt disorganized in it. lol in fact, our next cruise started out with 3 again like last cruise but the 4th decided she wanted to come along. but with the balcony definitely makes it do-able.

my daughter wants to try a cruise and as much as it would be nice to save a little $$ we will be getting 2 cabins. 3 in one and 2 in the other. :)

we've done 4 adults in a balcony. definitely do-able. but I always felt disorganized in it. lol in fact, our next cruise started out with 3 again like last cruise but the 4th decided she wanted to come along. but with the balcony definitely makes it do-able.

my daughter wants to try a cruise and as much as it would be nice to save a little $$ we will be getting 2 cabins. 3 in one and 2 in the other. :)

I have no doubt 4 in a cabin is doable, but isn't so much give and take that is needed really worth it? I wouldn't think it would be very relaxing.

I know (and apologize) for not answering your question but like others here, I want to ask you one -

How much more would it be to get a second OV cabin or even an inside one ?

Balconies are soooo over-rated! :cool:

Ocean Views on lower decks ride better

plus all that wasted balcony space is added on to the size of your cabin

-right out to the edge of the hull. Much better! :)

4 adults and a 2 year old would be miserable. One of the adults that are not the parents would likely throw themselves overboard.

I agree with the above poster. 4 adults in a room is excessive. 4 adults plus a child is setting the ground work for a new TV show: "Murder on the high seas."

Have you checked to see the price difference between two rooms and cramming everyone into one room? It shouldn't be much at all and even if it was it would be well worth it.

I totally agree with these responses. I don't care how little time you spend in your cabin, there's just no way. A balcony room doesn't mean it's bigger living space inside the cabin. I would either book two rooms or skip the trip.

Agree with this too. Those balconies are tineeee unless you get an extended or aft view. So only two people can really enjoy a standard balcony at the same time anyway. And a two year-old in a balcony room. Umm no. I just wouldn't do it.

Balconies are soooo over-rated! :cool:

Ocean Views on lower decks ride better

plus all that wasted balcony space is added on to the size of your cabin

-right out to the edge of the hull. Much better! :)

I have to disagree. Balconies are wonderful and I will not cruise without one. Everyone is not the same so what you think is over-rated I think is a must have. The best part of a cruise for me is spending time on the balcony. I hate the crowded upper decks.

I would also suggest to the OP that you get a balcony and an inside. The regular balconies are very small and there would be no room for 4 adults to sit on it unless you get one of the Large Balconies or an extended aft balcony.

Edited by Mysticks1

The worst part would be that there are only two twin beds in any cabin. If it held at least four people, two would be the beds that hang from the ceiling. I don't think from looking at the pictures of them that they would be that comfortable for adults. I think that there is even a weight restriction on them. I'm six feet tall and weigh 200 and I would never attempt to sleep on one of them.

I love having a balcony and I especially think it would be worth it with a 2 year old who may need a nap or early bedtime.

However, I would put 2 in the balcony and 3 in an attached or nearby inside cabin.

The problem is 4 adults get displaced to wherever because of a 2 Y.O. needing a nap. The non parents shouldn't have to lose their right to use the cabin too. An adjoining inside cabin would be the answer with the parents in that cabin so the young one can nap there while the adults enjoy the balcony.

The problem is 4 adults get displaced to wherever because of a 2 Y.O. needing a nap. The non parents shouldn't have to lose their right to use the cabin too. An adjoining inside cabin would be the answer with the parents in that cabin so the young one can nap there while the adults enjoy the balcony.

I agree. I think the best situation would be two balconies that connect, but for saving money, that may not be an option.

We had 5 in a Grand Suite on Fascination and had a fantastic time. The extended balcony is WORTH the extra money--two lounge chairs and 3 standard chairs was awesome for our family. It was not that unreasonable--$2395 plus taxes for 5 people for a 5 day sailing this fall.

On the cruise, my 2 year old did not nap. There was too much going on. She rarely naps at home anymore, anyway. And bedtime was never before 10. She stayed in the kids club til then so we could go to the shows most nights.

DSCN0357_zpsa2f13d13.jpg

Edited by luvsviola