Embassy suites FLL already full

Thebes

There is much renovation happening at the Embassy Suites.

The fountain in the main lobby where you walk in towards the reception desk is gone. The reception desk has been done over.

The atrium area where you had breakfast is being done over (and I do not like the looks of it). The big palm trees that were around the breakfast eating are all gone. From what we saw -- there are huge box-like structures being erected around the eating area.

It was a bit of a disaster when I was there too on oct 27th. There was a lot of work going on. I thought the staff was so so as well. I have it booked for 2 days in April but I'm sitting on the fence in case something better comes along.

It was a bit of a disaster when I was there too on oct 27th. There was a lot of work going on. I thought the staff was so so as well. I have it booked for 2 days in April but I'm sitting on the fence in case something better comes along.

I'm there in April, too. At the moment I have the Embassy and the Hyatt booked, and will make up my mind later which one. I'm not a big breakfast person, and I also found the Embassy rooms rather dark, so may keep the Hyatt booking - which also includes free internet.

I'm there in April, too. At the moment I have the Embassy and the Hyatt booked, and will make up my mind later which one. I'm not a big breakfast person, and I also found the Embassy rooms rather dark, so may keep the Hyatt booking - which also includes free internet.

If you use the Business Center and their computers, the Internet is free at the Embassy Suites.

The area where the rocks and waterfall is still intact. It is the big Palm trees that are gone. I took some pictures but have not had a chance yet to down load them.

thanks KK - I was concerned so went looking. I actually found a thread on the renovations. It actually sounds like it will be very nice when they are finished :) I suspect the trees will be returned or something similar will be installed once the main renos are complete.

That's good info. The breakfast area was really busy even at 7 am. I think I'll take a look at the hyatt.

thanks KK - I was concerned so went looking. I actually found a thread on the renovations. It actually sounds like it will be very nice when they are finished :) I suspect the trees will be returned or something similar will be installed once the main renos are complete.

The palm trees inside are gone forever.

Just like the black swans that used to be outside in the pond and the 4 ducks that were in the inside pond.

I have sat there for quite a while (cleaning up e-mails) and it has never been a problem.

There are also 3 free computers outside near the lobby -- but you do have to stand there -- no seats.

I was busy when I was in there, about 8 PM at night. I paid for internet in the room but my ipad was not letting me check in with air Canada so I thought it might work better there. No such luck. I couldn't check in and air Canada had no idea why:rolleyes:.

If you use the Business Center and their computers, the Internet is free at the Embassy Suites.

Is the Business Centre available for everyone? I didn't even know it existed - unless that is what the computers in the lobby are called.

It really is not so much of a typical hotel 'business center' as it is a very tiny room with, as I recall, two computers. Ventilation is terrible given the size and the amount of equipment in there. We often saw the door propped open to let in some fresh air.

It really is not so much of a typical hotel 'business center' as it is a very tiny room with, as I recall, two computers. Ventilation is terrible given the size and the amount of equipment in there. We often saw the door propped open to let in some fresh air.

It's very, very small. You would not want to be sitting in there long. There was 3 computers. I was in there for about 5 minutes and I wanted to run out of there. I would feel very uneasy sitting there for more than a few minutes. I'm pretty ok paying $10 to "sit" on the internet in the "luxury" :D of my own room.

Edited by lorekauf

This area in the inside hallway of E-Spot has the furniture removed and is an extra area for bacon, potatoes, etc.

2013_Nieuw_Amsterdam_Ship_Pictures_009.JPG

2013_Nieuw_Amsterdam_Ship_Pictures_010.JPG

This is the extra omelet station:

2013_Nieuw_Amsterdam_Ship_Pictures_011.JPG

In the morning this area is filled with pastries and fresh fruit -- in the evening it is the area for snacks during the managers reception:

2013_Nieuw_Amsterdam_Ship_Pictures_012.JPG