Sapphire mini suite selection help

idealsol

We are not familiar with Princess, our last couple cruises were on Celebrity. I am now enticed with Princess winter sale pricing and want to book one of the 4 day Ensenada cruises. Thinking mini suite but everything from forward to aft is offered on decks 8 ( emerald ) and 9 (dolphin ) . Just wondering what those familiar with the mini suites on the Sapphire might suggest. If I had my choice, I'd probably prefer quieter/more private, tho there is moderate pricing differences between the varied mini suite offerings

Thanks

We are not familiar with Princess, our last couple cruises were on Celebrity. I am now enticed with Princess winter sale pricing and want to book one of the 4 day Ensenada cruises. Thinking mini suite but everything from forward to aft is offered on decks 8 ( emerald ) and 9 (dolphin ) . Just wondering what those familiar with the mini suites on the Sapphire might suggest. If I had my choice, I'd probably prefer quieter/more private, tho there is moderate pricing differences between the varied mini suite offerings

Thanks

Welcome to Princess. I am not sure about Emerald deck, but think some of the minis are aft cabins. I have stayed away from those, but others have said wonderful things about the, Caribe is a good deck. If you are midship, you will have a 9 x 9 balcony that is completely exposed to the elements and those above you. That never bothered me. Unfortunately, you will not have a direct line of sight to the water. Really miss this option when cruising with the larger ships. A mini is a miss named category. It is not a small suite. It is a balcony cabin with a love seat and bathtub.

If you can snag one of the aft most Minis on Emerald do so. They have huge balconies and are amongst the most coveted staterooms on the ship. The balconies are completly covered but you still get lots of sun and some privacy. All of the Minis on Dolphin deck are completly exposed to the cabins above and the weather. You may feel a little more motion back there but if motion sickness is not something you suffer from these two cabins are the best in their class.

Thanks guys, exactly the information I was looking for. Interestingly, the cruise I'm looking at has a large number of the emerald level aft cabins available. I count 13 staterooms available from e710-e729. And they're a little cheaper than the dolphin deck

I've never been thar far aft, but motion has never bothered me, and I've never had any problems sitting at the aft bars on a ship!!

Emerald mini's are the most sought after mini-suites. Grab one. The balcony is fully covered, close to the water and private. Just be aware that the back couple of mini's on the port side may have some sound from Club Fusion below. Those cabins are right over the stage. Some people say they didn't have any problems and some people say they hear the bass. Shows normally end by midnight, so it may not be an issue for you.

Just got off the 28-day Tahiti cruise and had a mini.....E725. We loved it. It was quiet. Club Fusion noise was not an issue as most of the passengers (us included) were older and not late-nighters. It was also close to the Horizon Court, and to the enclosed pool where we like to hang out. Our traveling companions were just down the hall from us in E719 and they were also happy with the location.

Marcia in CT

Just got off the 28-day Tahiti cruise and had a mini.....E725. We loved it. It was quiet. Club Fusion noise was not an issue as most of the passengers (us included) were older and not late-nighters. It was also close to the Horizon Court, and to the enclosed pool where we like to hang out. Our traveling companions were just down the hall from us in E719 and they were also happy with the location.

Marcia in CT

Small world, I let my wife choose and she picked e723. So if you liked 725, I think we'll like 723.

We had a mid ship Dolphin deck mini and loved it.

We did not mind that the balcony was uncovered as it was a warm weather cruise and we enjoyed the sun. Never noticed anyone staring down at us and who cares, we weren't doing anything to be ashamed of.

However, might not be the best for Alaska and rain.