Choosing cruise based on no excurions - best walkable ports?

My husband and I are Crown & Anchor members and want to try to have a seven day cruise in Jan or Feb without spending extras for once (except bar tab, of course!)

Our three choices are

1. San Juan/Phillipsburg/coco cay

2. Phillipsburg/Charlotte Amalie/coco cay

3. Labadee/Falmouth/Georgetown

Does anyone have recommendations as to which of these three would be best for simply walking off the ship and exploring on our own without taxi fare, etc? We're in our early fifties and in good shape, and we might change our tune if there was a 'just can't miss this excursion' recommendation at one of them.

Thanks!

My husband and I are Crown & Anchor members and want to try to have a seven day cruise in Jan or Feb without spending extras for once (except bar tab, of course!)

Our three choices are

Does anyone have recommendations as to which of these three would be best for simply walking off the ship and exploring on our own without taxi fare, etc? We're in our early fifties and in good shape, and we might change our tune if there was a 'just can't miss this excursion' recommendation at one of them.

Thanks!

I'd go with the San Juan. Since San Juan is a day stop, you should be using one of the piers right in Old San Juan which gives you quite a bit within walking distance.

Coco Cay is easy to enjoy without any extra excursions.

St. Maarten would be a mile or so walk to town if you want to avoid the water taxi. Lots of shopping in town. Once in town, if you are willing to spend $2 per person ($4 round trip), you could catch the bus to Maho Beach and watch the airplanes land.

Both Labadee and Coco Cay are private beach days.....that's what you do there....beach it! Coco Cay is the private island, and Labadee is a private beach leased by RCI....you don't have to spend a penny on either (except for bar tab, which goes on your seapass....just like on the ship)

None of the other places require an excursion...a guidebook will be very helpful....there are buses that are quite cheap....if you want to go a bit further than the port area!

Our three choices are

Thanks!

Georgetown is a nice place for a walk. Lots to look at, see, and do right off the dock. It is a tender port so you get a short boat ride to the city from the ship. Lots of shopping close by. A beach is a cab/van ride away and there are several really nice beaches within a few dollars ride.

So, if you want a cruise with no excursions the last one listed is the one for you. Enjoy :)