cruise paid off so i call to add tips for 3 people...BUT PROBLEMS..

Susiecruisey

I am sorry this happened to you.

I have had the same type of experience. I booked a room ES. When checking for price drops I saw a great rate on a room in a higher class. I called Carnival, got the room switched, paid the difference, got an e-mail confirmation stating the cruise was paid in full. I went to my cruise manager on-line and printed a screen print showing room number, balance of $0 and statement "Paid In Full".

I sent an e-mail to my sister-in-law showing her the room number and telling her that I had just vacated our room and if she wanted to transfer to our old room she should call right away. She called and switched to our room.

Two days later I logged in to enter our passport information and there was an additional $700+ amount due written on my account.

I called them and got the same story. That the rate was an error and that I would have to pay the additional charge or lose my booking. They would not put me back in our original room because my sister-in-law had booked it.

It took 2 weeks of e-mails and phone calls to get it straightened out. They were quite rude about it and basically treated me like I had some how screwed up their computer program.

Eventually a woman at the customer service department grudgingly stated they would give me the rate this time but I should not expect them to do it again.

I was quite shocked at their attitude. This cruise was an extended family back to back cruise on the Liberty. We had 3 cabins linked together so they knew we had more than one room booked.

Hold fast and keep repeating "Paid in full means PAID IN FULL!!!l"

Good Luck.

We booked ES and have been in the same room the whole time so its nothing like that. I am getting more upset by the minuite. This is looking like my LAST cruise with Carnival.

I asked if I can just get my money back and cxl but they say yes I can cxl but I cant get all my money back because its ES

We booked ES and have been in the same room the whole time so its nothing like that. I am getting more upset by the minuite. This is looking like my LAST cruise with Carnival.

I asked if I can just get my money back and cxl but they say yes I can cxl but I cant get all my money back because its ES

I can't for the life in me comprehend how this problem happened.:confused:

I don't blame you. I would just cancel and lose the $50. Carnival is behaving very badly in this scenario. They really cannot afford to lose customers over their own error.

I don't blame you. I would just cancel and lose the $50. Carnival is behaving very badly in this scenario. They really cannot afford to lose customers over their own error.

It would be more than 50 as there are 3 of us and part of it was paid for with gift cards so that money I cant get back either just on another gift card so no money refund there either...Uggggg

OP-Take a deep breath.

Carnival should honor "their mistake".

However, would you have booked the cruise at what they say the price should have been?

If yes....and after a lot of frustrating attempts to get it corrected...just relax and enjoy the trip.

If they refuse...maybe they will compromise with a nice upgrade or some OBC.

I find this really disgusting. They could tell anyone "Sorry...but your fare was a mistake. Here's your real price."

Do you have a regular PVP? I would try calling them too.

This is well-intended, but at this point I don't think a PVP can do anything about this. This issue is way too complex for a PVP - this needs to be taken to a higher level.

Guest Solutions Support Dept is a good place to start.

Do you have a regular PVP? I would try calling them too. They have to honor the price if that is what you were quoted and it's paid off.

See the previous post with information from the cruise contract. Legally they don't have to honor a mistake in pricing.

the OP would be charged the 50 each and the bal would be held for a future cruise. they won't get any money back because its ES rate. I still think this is crap, I don't care what their "note" says. they booked, it was paid off now they want to collect more? I like carnival, I like that I can afford it over the other cruise lines. But this is frustrating even to us who are not even going through this. Stick to your guns OP, KEEP EMAILING/CALLING until its straightened out. and now you know to add in gratuities while booking. I'm glad I do this now seeing what your going through. Make sure they know this as well, had you NOT wanted to prepay your gratuities (which is better for the staff remind them) your balance would 99.99% still have been what you prepaid.

**still keeping my fingers crossed for you**

I am disgusted by this. Truly this is the sort of issues that would make me not do business with a company. No amount of "bargain" is worth shady dealings and terrible customer service policies.

There are other retail and service companies I have chosen not to deal with when issues like this have arisen. No fault of the consumer- blame squarely on the company.

I know my small amount of business doesn't effect them very much but I feel better about not supporting a company who would have no shame in not protecting their customers.

Plus.... I can tell or post or blog about it to whomever I choose.

OP. I really truly hope you get this resolved easily or I would absolutely rethink ever booking with Carnival again. Why reward bad behaviour with my hard earned money?

Be glad this is getting sorted out at now, rather than get to the pier to find out you owed money. We saw this happen with friends. We used a TA, and they booked themselves online. We booked a senior rate, since we were both over 55. It clearly stated on our ticket booklet that we had a restricted rate and that we would have to provide proof of age at the pier. Apparently, they booked themselves in a senior fare too, but they were not 55, so therefore not eligible for the rate. They had asked us how much we paid and apparently fiddled with the booking until they got the same rate for the cabin next door to us.

They did not complete the online check in information, otherwise RCCL would have picked it up. They were told they had to pay an additional $130.00 per person or they would not be able to cruise. No matter how much they carried on they got nowhere and finally had to bring out the credit card and pay the difference. They were in the wrong on this one, but bad mouthed the cruise line the entire week. Needless to say we have never gone anywhere with them again because it was such an unpleasant experience to listen to them complain about RCCL all week.

I am disgusted by this. Truly this is the sort of issues that would make me not do business with a company. No amount of "bargain" is worth shady dealings and terrible customer service policies.

There are other retail and service companies I have chosen not to deal with when issues like this have arisen. No fault of the consumer- blame squarely on the company.

I know my small amount of business doesn't effect them very much but I feel better about not supporting a company who would have no shame in not protecting their customers.

Plus.... I can tell or post or blog about it to whomever I choose.

OP. I really truly hope you get this resolved easily or I would absolutely rethink ever booking with Carnival again. Why reward bad behaviour with my hard earned money?

Agree.

I've enjoyed all of my Carnival cruises, and I think the bang for the buck is excellent, but I have to agree. If I were in a situation like this -- where they make a mistake and then refuse to make good -- that would be a fatal error in my relationship with any company. I'll forgive a few small errors along the way, but this is the big kahuna.

Keep fighting, OP.

OP: did you book via PVP or through website yourself?

This is boggling my mind. You would think a penny conscious company (with employees paid spiff/bonuses/commissions) would keep a PVP sales report. Or at least be able to pull up a general ledger or account history on a booking. There's just so many ways they should theoretically be able to track the booking.

Hope it gets resolved soon for you!

This is an outrage. I can understand why they'd have the protection against incorrect fares, but in those cases, passengers should have the option of canceling without penalty. If I book a $1000 cruise, and they tell me weeks/months later.. ooopps, the cruise was supposed to be $1300, maybe I wouldn't have booked it because that made it unaffordable. The OP should at least be able to cancel at no cost.

OP, I think you should include a link to this thread in your next email correspondence with Carnival, and let them know this makes many of us think twice when making our next reservations. Unless the fare was one of those too good to be true things (if they charged you $10 per person per day or something) they really should honor price they gave you.

Good luck!

Be glad this is getting sorted out at now, rather than get to the pier to find out you owed money. We saw this happen with friends. We used a TA, and they booked themselves online. We booked a senior rate, since we were both over 55. It clearly stated on our ticket booklet that we had a restricted rate and that we would have to provide proof of age at the pier. Apparently, they booked themselves in a senior fare too, but they were not 55, so therefore not eligible for the rate. They had asked us how much we paid and apparently fiddled with the booking until they got the same rate for the cabin next door to us.

They did not complete the online check in information, otherwise RCCL would have picked it up. They were told they had to pay an additional $130.00 per person or they would not be able to cruise. No matter how much they carried on they got nowhere and finally had to bring out the credit card and pay the difference. They were in the wrong on this one, but bad mouthed the cruise line the entire week. Needless to say we have never gone anywhere with them again because it was such an unpleasant experience to listen to them complain about RCCL all week.

Especially when they were the ones that lied. I think I probably wouldn't have hung out with them for the week.

If you have a PVP let him/her handle the question. If not, good luck. Did you print your booking? That should show the price you are paying and would be proof.

I have mentioned this a couple of times but haven't gotten a response.

If they did they could compare the 2 confirmations and see where the difference is and just tell CCL where the mistake is.

On the other hand I can't understand why nobody at CCL can do this also and figure it out on their end especially if CCL is the one that said the original price was not correct.

I think Mischelle needs to get involved if she isn't already over on Carnivals forum.

She is great at these kinds of things.

Bill

I have mentioned this a couple of times but haven't gotten a response.

If they did they could compare the 2 confirmations and see where the difference is and just tell CCL where the mistake is.

On the other hand I can't understand why nobody at CCL can do this also and figure it out on their end especially if CCL is the one that said the original price was not correct.

I think Mischelle needs to get involved if she isn't already over on Carnivals forum.

She is great at these kinds of things.

Bill

I agree Bill, i did mention to the OP to go to the carnival boards and post there for carnival assistance. They seem to get to the right ppl to get things straightened out.

If you have a PVP let him/her handle the question. If not, good luck. Did you print your booking? That should show the price you are paying and would be proof.

If it's different on cruise manager, the initial confirmation should have been sent to her in her regular e mail account so it could be printed. I get the confirmation that way, so I thought everyone did.

If it's different on cruise manager, the initial confirmation should have been sent to her in her regular e mail account so it could be printed. I get the confirmation that way, so I thought everyone did.

When I booked on the Carnival website, not through a PVP, I never get a confirmation. I always have to call to get one.

Why it's not done automatically I have no idea.

Bill

When I booked on the Carnival website, not through a PVP, I never get a confirmation. I always have to call to get one.

Why it's not done automatically I have no idea.

Bill

I book directly on the Carnival website and always get a email confirmation. Do you use your normal email address for login purposes or do you have one that you don't normally check?

I book directly on the Carnival website and always get a email confirmation. Do you use your normal email address for login purposes or do you have one that you don't normally check?

Only use 1 email for everything. Booked 3 times on website and never received an email confirmation. Even checked the spam folder.

Same thing happened to my son last summer when he booked a cruise.

I made him csll and have them send one.

He also only uses 1 email address.

Bill

PVP's are supposed to concentrate on making new bookings. If you are already booked and need to make changes to your booking, Carnival wants you to go through customer service. From what I understand, PVP's can get into trouble for servicing an existing booking. Carnival wants PVP's to sell cruises. Period.

Totally disagree with this. Our PVP is very helpful.