Breakfast Buffet and PJs/Bathrobes

kcwingwalker

I have seen PJ's and robes many times on our HAL cruises but mainly in the older passengers who I guess didn't care what others thought about them. I do remember on our last cruise one woman wore her robe to the MDR for breakfast and was asked to leave by the manager, she told him very loudly "I would gladly change when you find out what you did with my luggage so I have something other than this dam HAL robe to wear" Apparently her checked luggage never made its way to her cabin until the second day of the cruise and she had no clothes. So do not be so quick to judge :p

BTW the manager let the poor woman stay and eat her breakfast in her robe.

This happened about 6 or 7 years ago to a friend of mine, but I can't remember what cruise line. They gave her $300.00 to purchase clothes in their gift shops.

Now, this women couldn't wear the clothes more than one day and I guess had nothing in her carryon to wear? So, I can only assume that she had nothing under that robe!

I mean, if she can't wear slacks/shorts and a top again how can she wear her bra ad underwear again! LOL

Harriet

Edited by hpecorari

but in my world your opinion means nothing to me and I will not lose any sleep over you or your comments

You show me where the School allows crack or maybe that is just in your part of NJ. I am glad I don't live near you either where the norm is for your teenagers to be high on crack.

My opinion matters to me and I'm entitled to it and I'd hope you wouldn't lose sleep over it. However, my opinion meant enough to you for you to respond :D

In regard to the statement about crack, it could be any drug I wrote. The schools DON'T allow drugs.....but in this country, it's the 'norm' that kids use it in a lot of schools......Camden, NJ and Chester, PA just naming a few.

My opinion still stands: Anything one slept in should not be worn out in public. People can and will do what they want......but you and I are both entitled to our opinion

Harriet.

On the Dawn last week, 6:15pm at Aqua my wife and I along with two friends are standing in line to be seated. This woman is 5-6 people ahead of us with a bathing suit on and wrapped in a towel AND bare feet. She tries to get in to have dinner with her friend and she is asked to leave……..she gets upset, it takes all kinds

On the Dawn last week, 6:15pm at Aqua my wife and I along with two friends are standing in line to be seated. This woman is 5-6 people ahead of us with a bathing suit on and wrapped in a towel AND bare feet. She tries to get in to have dinner with her friend and she is asked to leave……..she gets upset, it takes all kinds

Amazing the number of people who haven't heard "No shirt, No shoes, No Service"

If only She had a robe ... ;)

good Grief . I pray this is not a glimps of Christmas future ..

I dont understand why people would be bothered by what others wear. I could say the same about people wearing absolutely ugly clothes. Even uglier that robes.

I couldnt care less if there was somebody eatin in their PJs or robes. As long as they are not naked IDGAF.

This reminds me of those endless conversations on the Royal Caribbean on what people would wear to formal night. I thought I wouldnt see any more fashion threads here being NCL freestyle cruising :eek:

Edited by voyager89

I dont understand why people would be bothered by what others wear. I could say the same about people wearing absolutely ugly clothes. Even uglier that robes.

I couldnt care less if there was somebody eatin in their PJs or robes. As long as they are not naked IDGAF.

This reminds me of those endless conversations on the Royal Caribbean on what people would wear to formal night. I thought I wouldnt see any more fashion threads here being NCL freestyle cruising :eek:

You haven't read the entire thread? I explained the reason earlier.

You haven't read the entire thread? I explained the reason earlier.

For those too lazy to look up luddite's post earlier in the thread...

Because when people dress and act like slobs from a trailer park on Tobacco Road they will get treated like they are slobs from a trailer park on Tobacco Road. Eventually, the crew will forget to treat people who know how to dress and act in public like they aren't from a trailer park on Tobacco Road.

That is the reason for maintaining a minimal sense of decorum.

http://forums.cruisecritic.com/showpost.php?p=40730261&postcount=45

Gotta say I agree...

I live in NJ also and it is permitted by School Dress Code. There are plenty of lounge pants that look better than other types of clothes people wear. Plus most sports teams allow students to purchase the. Knowing they will wear them in School. So you can blame "Parents / Schools" or whoever but in my world your opinion means nothing to me and I will not lose any sleep over you or your comments

You show me where the School allows crack or maybe that is just in your part of NJ. I am glad I don't live near you either where the norm is for your teenagers to be high on crack.

I totally agree. I also live in NJ and my school also allows lounge pants, especially team related ones. My school system doesn't allow crack either.

Oh for heaven's sake! Why are people who cruise (or who comment on Cruise Critic) so concerned about how others dress? As long as they're clean I couldn't care less what they wear, it's their business. Many 'pajama pants' are nicer than sweats anyway.

But I've got to say, I can't resist it when I see these posts! ;)

One word = etiquette

While I don't do either

One can wear shorts in the MDR but not lounge pants in the buffet:confused:

Isnt NCL freestyle cruising ........Just saying:cool:

We're really not talking about lounge pants......at least I'm not.

I'm talking about someone who rolls out of bed and shows up in the buffet in the same bedclothes they went to bed with.

Harriet

I DO know that wearing pajamas to a restaurant makes a statement and the eventually the people who work in that restaurant will respond appropriately. And that will affect ME. And that's why it's important.

I agree. Look like a slob you'll be treated like a slob. Have no respect for ohers, others will have no respect for you.

If you don't have any pride or concern about rolling out of bed and going to the buffet in the clothes you slept in why would the crew have any pride or concern. It's a two way street.

And as someone else, whom I can't remember said. Smart casual is the dress code, however, bathing suites with cover-ups are permitted in the buffet. NOWHERE does it say PJ's or 'roll out of bed and come on over!"

Harriet

I agree. Look like a slob you'll be treated like a slob. Have no respect for ohers, others will have no respect for you.

If you don't have any pride or concern about rolling out of bed and going to the buffet in the clothes you slept in why would the crew have any pride or concern. It's a two way street.

And as someone else, whom I can't remember said. Smart casual is the dress code, however, bathing suites with cover-ups are permitted in the buffet. NOWHERE does it say PJ's or 'roll out of bed and come on over!"

Harriet

Hmmm, now that sounds sooooooooooo familiar :) And I agree totally, no respect for self, no respect for others, no respect deserved!

Well then that will be those slobs problems not yours. These slobs are the ones that the crew will treat like slobs (don't see why but well)

Again that would be their problem. Why would you care not only how others dress but how are they treated by their crew?

Most of all, since when do we measure respect by judging what others wear? I'm sure they won't judge others ugly fashion sense. Why should you? Everybody should do what they please as long as they don't affect anybody. Now if that affects your eyes you are not forced to see. You can always ignore them.

Is a PJ really THAT disturbing for some people?

Geez...

We're really not talking about lounge pants......at least I'm not.

I'm talking about someone who rolls out of bed and shows up in the buffet in the same bedclothes they went to bed with.

Harriet

How do you know what someone wears to bed...

Smart casual is the dress code, however, bathing suites with cover-ups are permitted in the buffet.

Harriet

Where does it say sharp casual is the attire for breakfast in the buffet

I don't go to breakfast looking like I stepped off of the pages of Vogue magazine. I do greet the room service coffee delivery person with a few ones and a bath robe. I sit on the balcony all scrubby and greet the morning. Then I wash my hands and face, brush my teeth and hair, and throw on some britches and go out in public. It's not that hard. I wish I was there now! That's all I'm sayin'...

I don't go to breakfast looking like I stepped off of the pages of Vogue magazine. I do greet the room service coffee delivery person with a few ones and a bath robe. I sit on the balcony all scrubby and greet the morning. Then I wash my hands and face, brush my teeth and hair, and throw on some britches and go out in public. It's not that hard. I wish I was there now! That's all I'm sayin'...

You said "britches". Lol. I love it. My grandmother is an Arky and she says britches. :)

Well then that will be those slobs problems not yours. These slobs are the ones that the crew will treat like slobs (don't see why but well)

Again that would be their problem. Why would you care not only how others dress but how are they treated by their crew?

Most of all, since when do we measure respect by judging what others wear? I'm sure they won't judge others ugly fashion sense. Why should you? Everybody should do what they please as long as they don't affect anybody. Now if that affects your eyes you are not forced to see. You can always ignore them.

Is a PJ really THAT disturbing for some people?

Geez...

Yep. Don't get it and sounds like you never will.

Sent from my ME173X using Forums mobile app

It's the Buffet, not the dining room. As long as they are neat, clean, and not revealing things that shouldn't be revealed outside one's cabin I couldn't care less what anyone else is wearing at breakfast. Lounge pants, footy pj's, whatever...

How can one be neat and clean when you just rolled out of bed and come to the Buffet?

Harriet

How do you know what someone wears to bed...

Where does it say sharp casual is the attire for breakfast in the buffet

No where does it say "sharp casual". I said 'smart casual'. I should have said resort casual, and for that I'm sorry.

I'll be happy to provide the link if you like but here it is:

What Should I Pack?

When it comes to what to wear, you can go resort casual or get decked-out and look your best - it’s your call. That’s the freedom of Freestyle Cruising. We even have special “Dress-Up or Not Night.” It’s the perfect opportunity to get your portrait taken with your family, that special someone or even with the ship’s Captain.

Dress cruise casual anytime during the day, in the buffet and in most specialty restaurants. For women, it includes summer and casual dresses, skirts, regular or capri pants, shorts, jeans and tops. Khakis, jeans, shorts and casual shirts are fine for men. Swimwear is acceptable at the buffet and outdoor restaurant, but a shirt or a cover-up and footwear are required. Cruise casual is also allowed day and night on embarkation day.

Wear smart casual if you are eating dinner in the aft main dining room (our more formal dining room) and in Le Bistro on cruises longer than five days. For women, it includes slacks or jeans, dresses, skirts and tops. For men, it’s jeans or slacks with a collared shirt and closed-toed shoes. Traditional Bermuda shorts along with long socks, loafers and a blazer are all acceptable on a Bermuda cruise.

Reading the above I don't take any of it as 'roll out of bed and come to the buffet in what you slept in.

Harriet