insurance

cruise to live

We went throught insuremytripdotcom this year because we needed the 'for any reason clause'. They have several companies on their site where you can do comparisons. Most say you have to have the insurance withing 14 days for deposit, so read carefully. Ours had to be purchased withing the 14 days. The other one we went through aaa and it had to be paid beford final payment was due. They do vary.

I too like insuremytrip.com. Their site is so nice.... Displays all the plans that and their options, X them off to get down to two or three you like best. The govt should have hired them to make their health website. Easy-peasy.

Be sure to include ALL your non-refundable expenses. Don't go with a lower number just to reduce the premium. If they figure out you've done this they'll cancel your policy.

Peg

Another vote for using Insuremytrip.com In addition to their very user-friendly website, they also have a "Live Chat" feature or you can give them a call if you have any questions. I have done both and found their representatives to be friendly and informative.

And, yes, you do need to fully account for all of your non-refundable expenses when determining the amount of coverage you need.

Just check with your Travel Agent......they make it happen. You are paying online prices that INCLUDE an agents fee. An agent will do it for you.

Sent from my Kindle Fire using Forums mobile app

Careful on this as the TA policy's may only include the cruise and not the Air/Hotel/Luggage etc.

Edited by MikeM

I vote for USAA if you are military or prior military. Better price and better coverage than Carnival coverage. We had to use it one time when grandson got sick. They were prompt with refund after the paperwork was submitted. They have 3 levels of coverage and we always get the 2nd one. The only thing is you have to buy it within 21 days of deposit for preexisting clause and you have a certain amount of time to cancel it... can't remember 2 weeks maybe...If you then cancel the cruise later before final payment you can't get your money back.

With Carnival you can book the cruise, buy the insurance and if you cancel the cruise before final payment they will refund the insurance money also. This happened with my brother before final payment.

Hope this helps.

Guest maddycat
We use tripinsurancestore and have always been happy with the service. The reps are very knowledgeable and helpful. They will work with you to get the best coverage needed for your particular situation.

We also use the Trip Insurance Store and are very happy with their service. We've been buying Travel Safe insurance. We buy it soon after booking our cruise so that pre-existing medical conditions are covered. It's reasonably priced primary coverage. Thankfully, we haven't needed to use it.

http://www.tripinsurancestore.com/index.shtml

Just check with your Travel Agent......they make it happen. You are paying online prices that INCLUDE an agents fee. An agent will do it for you.

Sent from my Kindle Fire using Forums mobile app

Sorry to say...but many TAs have their own incentives (called money) in mind when dealing with insurance questions. Most TAs sell travel insurance from a single company (we know of at least 2 large TAs that deal with multiple companies) and their agents are told to recommend (and sometimes push) the policy sold by that agency...whether or not it best meets the needs of their client. All the insurance companies pay a nice commission to TAs who sell their policies. The reason for looking at informational sites like insuremytrip.com, squaremouth.com, etc. is that it gives a the reader an easy way to compare the benefits and cost of various policies from multiple sources.

A good example would be the annual travel Med policies and even annual trip policies that are seldom to ever mentioned by TAs. In fact, most cruisers/travelers have no clue that they can buy a decent Travel Medical Policy that will cover every trip for a year...and yet cost less then $350 (per couple) for the entire year....not trip. And we have never talked to any TA that was able to discuss special policies like the Medjetassist policy that is the Rolls Royce of evacuation policies.

Hank

• 2 weeks later...

I have been given wrong information by a rep at insuremytrip.com I now look at their site and call the insurance company directly. The price is the same.

I use TravelEx and just got a check from them for two missed cruises and a missed flight due to illness. It took about 3 weeks to get the full reimbursement.

I would highly recommend TravelEX

Can anyone recommend good insurance.

Without telling us anything about yourself and your needs, how can anyone give you an intelligent answer. Would you post the question - "Can anyone recommend a good car" on a car site or the question "can anyone recommend a good house" on a real estate site.

You have done the equivalent regarding insurance.

DON