Princess transfer WITHOUT CruiseAir

Nemo2005

For a R/T June 2014 cruise from Seattle, we have transfers booked with Princess for a prehotel and transfer and a postcruise transfer TO the airport. My DH has asked me when they will take our bags from the ship and when will we see them again. DH would be very happy to set them outside our door and see them again when we arrive to our home airport.

We are not buying CruiseAir through Princess, but we are getting the transfers. Can anyone advise?

Oh, the prehotel is Doubletree Seatac, if that makes any difference.

Transfers can be purchased without purchasing air. If you book a pre-cruise hotel, transfers to the hotel and then to the ship are included. You can book a transfer from the ship to the airport either when you book the cruise or on the ship. There's no price difference.

Pre-cruise: when you check in, you'll be given instructions on when to leave your luggage outside your hotel room door and what time to meet for the transfer and where. It's pretty straightforward. You put your cruise luggage tags on in the hotel room and they'll be delivered to your cabin. They will probably be on your bus but you'll stay on the bus until all luggage is removed and taken to the ship.

Post-cruise: a few days before the end of your cruise, you'll receive a disembarkation form on which you put your flight information, whether you'd like to purchase a transfer, or indicate that you already have a transfer. You'll be assigned disembarkation color/number tags with a time and place to meet to disembark for your transfer two nights before disembarkation. You put the tags on your bags and set them outside your cabin the night before disembarking and pick them up at the pier before going to the transfer bus. The lounge you are told to go to will announce which colors/numbers are disembarking. Princess has "silent" disembarkation which means there are no public announcements.

Princess offers a program called EZ Check in a few US ports for some airlines for US final destinations. It's not offered at all US ports. The cost is $20/pp and for that, Princess checks you in and prints out your boarding passes and airline luggage tags. You put the airline luggage tags on your bags and put the bags out the night before disembarkation and don't see them until you get to your final destination. You go to your color/number lounge for disembarkation as you would have. I don't know if this is offered at the port you are disembarking.

EZCheck is one of the best programs ever invented!! Travel homeward if so much easier if one does not have to deal with multiple suitcases. Hope you are flying on an airline that participates.

I fly SWA whenever possible, both because I find them very dependable and because their flight crews are some of the nicest and most helpful I have found on any U.S. airline. PLUS, they DO participate in the EZCheck program at some of the airports I use to get home from a cruise. Lucky me!! My luggage has, so far, never failed to arrive at my home airport when I do.

For a R/T June 2014 cruise from Seattle, we have transfers booked with Princess for a prehotel and transfer and a postcruise transfer TO the airport. My DH has asked me when they will take our bags from the ship and when will we see them again. DH would be very happy to set them outside our door and see them again when we arrive to our home airport.

We are not buying CruiseAir through Princess, but we are getting the transfers. Can anyone advise?

How do you set up transfers to and from your precruise hotel through Princess. We ordered transfers and are planning on flying in the day before and staying at a hotel. We figured we would have to take the hotel shuttle to our hotel, spend the night, take the hotel transfer back to the airport where we would then take our Princess transfer to the ship. It would all be easier if we could be transferred to the ship right from our hotel. Is there a place on the Princess website to purchase a precruise hotel they would transfer us from? Thanks!

How do you set up transfers to and from your precruise hotel through Princess. We ordered transfers and are planning on flying in the day before and staying at a hotel. We figured we would have to take the hotel shuttle to our hotel, spend the night, take the hotel transfer back to the airport where we would then take our Princess transfer to the ship. It would all be easier if we could be transferred to the ship right from our hotel. Is there a place on the Princess website to purchase a precruise hotel they would transfer us from? Thanks!

Your travel agent books it for you, or if you booked your cruise direct through Princess, call them. If there are transfers from city to port, they may not be from your exact hotel but from one of the hotels Princess uses for their pre-cruise packages. I'm assuming your pre-cruise hotel booking is not a Princess package, right, because that would come with transfers?

Does this help/make sense?

to specifically answer your question, with your current transfers post cruise you will get your bags in the terminal after debarkation. They stay with you through customs/immigration and all the way to the bus being used for the transfer. They are put on the same bus with you. You will again get your bags at the airport, at which point they are yours until you check in at the airlines and/or keep them for carry-on.

See Pam's post about the way to avoid a lot of this personal handling of bags.

Your travel agent books it for you, or if you booked your cruise direct through Princess, call them. If there are transfers from city to port, they may not be from your exact hotel but from one of the hotels Princess uses for their pre-cruise packages. I'm assuming your pre-cruise hotel booking is not a Princess package, right, because that would come with transfers?

Princess only provides transportation to a hotel and from hotel to ship if it is a hotel stay purchased from Princess.

Even if you are staying in a hotel Princess uses, you cannot use the Princess xfer if you booked the hotel on your own.

Thanks everyone. I did get my own hotel but have plenty of time to change and probably will do so through Princess. I looked on their website for precruise hotels but did not see anything. I will call them though. I like ease and as little stress for my vacation travel...this sounds great. Love these boards. Again thanks!

Princess only provides transportation to a hotel and from hotel to ship if it is a hotel stay purchased from Princess.

Even if you are staying in a hotel Princess uses, you cannot use the Princess xfer if you booked the hotel on your own.

Not always true. If you are in their hotel and need a transfer to the ship, they will take you; space available. Of course for a fee.

Edited by Pia1913

In August this year we booked a post tour and transfer to airport(Seattle). We were told if we did EZ check because we booked the tour, no charge for EZ check. This was a first because in other cities still had to pay for EZ check even with a tour booked.

So we had no fees for it, did it , got boarding passes from Princess for our flights, saw our luggage in San Diego airport when we landed. So nice.