A once in a lifetime event

AKman2495

OK, so we were on the CB watching them set up the champaigne waterfall. They were up to the top 3 rows or so when the ship rolled and one of the guys knocked one of the glasses out of the bottom row. Then it is was like slow motion -first a couple of classes went, then a few more and a few more then whoosh the whole thing came down in a heap. We were all gaping at the scene.

I got a picture of what it looked like just after the dust settled. Not pretty.

They scrambled to clean up the glass and bring up new glasses from the hold and by the time the ceremony started, it was all back to normal.

Something I doubt I will ever see again.....

oops.jpg.b1abcb2d7c8576908e1cae8d87c04415.jpg

I was in the piazza enjoying a light snack. As you said, the ship shuddered and then you heard a few 'tinkle' sounds, which quickly grew to a crescendo. From what the various crew said, this was a once in a lifetime event. What I didn't see was the guy hit the glass on the bottom. That explains a lot. I didn't go to the event. Do you know if they actually served that cake? Last I saw, they were picking glass out of it.

Another once in a lifetime event which happened on the repo cruise before the Vet cruise was watching 5 peregrine falcons swoop around the ship, climbing, diving and reaching amazing speeds, for a day. I believe they were hitching a ride on their migration south. At one point, one of them came so close that I could feel the air move. Sort of scary when you think what would have happened had he or she made contact with my face. I am a big fan of raptors and this was a very special treat for me.

One time while on the Crown, as a passenger was posing for a picture with the champagne bottle atop the waterfall, they hit it with the bottle and the top half of the thing came crashing down and champagne spilled all over the place. What a mess! :eek:

OK, so we were on the CB watching them set up the champaigne waterfall. They were up to the top 3 rows or so when the ship rolled and one of the guys knocked one of the glasses out of the bottom row. Then it is was like slow motion -first a couple of classes went, then a few more and a few more then whoosh the whole thing came down in a heap. We were all gaping at the scene.

I got a picture of what it looked like just after the dust settled. Not pretty.

They scrambled to clean up the glass and bring up new glasses from the hold and by the time the ceremony started, it was all back to normal.

Something I doubt I will ever see again.....

That's just :(:(:(

More interesting, the chef in the center of the picture appears to be the exec chef for the line, Alfredo Marzi! When was this? He travels around, ship to ship checking on things. I think he's fabulous, but I also know he's very particular. I'm sure as a pro, he took this in stride...

Sent using the Cruise Critic forums app

I was in the piazza enjoying a light snack. As you said, the ship shuddered and then you heard a few 'tinkle' sounds, which quickly grew to a crescendo. From what the various crew said, this was a once in a lifetime event. What I didn't see was the guy hit the glass on the bottom. That explains a lot. I didn't go to the event. Do you know if they actually served that cake? Last I saw, they were picking glass out of it.

Another once in a lifetime event which happened on the repo cruise before the Vet cruise was watching 5 peregrine falcons swoop around the ship, climbing, diving and reaching amazing speeds, for a day. I believe they were hitching a ride on their migration south. At one point, one of them came so close that I could feel the air move. Sort of scary when you think what would have happened had he or she made contact with my face. I am a big fan of raptors and this was a very special treat for me.

I saw the guy knock the glass-it was just a sight bump when the ship rolled...but it was enough.

As for the cake, I know they were looking at it, but I too did not see if they used it or not. I left soon after they poured the first champagne.

More interesting' date=' the chef in the center of the picture appears to be the exec chef for the line, Alfredo Marzi! When was this? He travels around, ship to ship checking on things. I think he's fabulous, but I also know he's very particular. I'm sure as a pro, he took this in stride...

Sent using the Cruise Critic forums app[/quote']

This was the cruise for veterans. They had a lot of big names, including the CEO of Princess. He was not there when it collapsed, but he came over very quickly after that....

More interesting' date=' the chef in the center of the picture appears to be the exec chef for the line, Alfredo Marzi! When was this? He travels around, ship to ship checking on things. I think he's fabulous, but I also know he's very particular. I'm sure as a pro, he took this in stride...

Sent using the Cruise Critic forums app[/quote']

That is the Exec. Chef. I've seen him on my last few cruises. A very personable and approachable gentleman. A true consummate host.