Christmas decorations?

The should be up. Depending on itinerary, location, and crew load everything is variable. But the general Royal Caribbean schedule is to put them up (at least load them onboard) the first homeport after Thanksgiving and take them down the first homeport in the new year.

When we were on the Independence of the Seas last year we left the UK on Thanksgiving day and they spent the entire transatlantic putting them up. It was great to go out each day and see what new items showed up. On the Oasis in 2010 we sailed January 2nd and they still had them up, but barely any since it was her inaugural season.

Edited by DEIx15x8

Hi!

We have never cruised during Christmas season but have seen lovely photos of beautifully decorated ships. Does any one know when they set decorations up?We travel on Radiance on the first of December and I would love if the ship was decorated!

Carly

We always cruise the first couple of weeks of December and the Christmas decorations are up and BEAUTIFUL! :D

Hi!

We have never cruised during Christmas season but have seen lovely photos of beautifully decorated ships. Does any one know when they set decorations up?We travel on Radiance on the first of December and I would love if the ship was decorated!

Carly

We have cruised many times over Thanksgiving weekend, leaving Miami on Majesty on the Friday, right after Thanksgiving....and viola -- some of the decorations are up when we board the ship around noon. The Holiday Elves have already been busy...and remain busy over the weekend.

It is amazing to see!

Awesome news! I'm not sure if the ship will be decorated for Thanksgiving as it isn't a holiday typically celebrated in Australia, so it will be interesting to see when we board :)

Thanksgiving is a holiday that Royal Caribbean doesn't typically celebrate with a whole lot of fanfare onboard. But they do celebrate it for americans regardless of location. Last year we boarded the Independence of the Seas in Southampton for a transatlantic on Thanksgiving day. Their was nothing that said Thanksgiving on the ship, but we had a note in our cabin wishing us a Happy Thanksgiving since we were listed as american. Every crew member we saw would wish us a Happy Thanksgiving when we said we were american. The dinning room also had a traditional Thanksgiving dinner complete with pumpkin pie. So it doesn't matter where you are in the world, it may not be obvious, but if people know you are american they will recognize the day.

We have cruised many times over Thanksgiving weekend, leaving Miami on Majesty on the Friday, right after Thanksgiving....and viola -- some of the decorations are up when we board the ship around noon. The Holiday Elves have already been busy...and remain busy over the weekend.

It is amazing to see!

We cruised on Majesty in mid-December last year and were disappointed with the decorations. (It's no Disney ;)). There was a nice tree in the Centrum but nothing else remarkable except a Christmas village scene; think that may have been made by Adventure Ocean kids.

We have sailed several times the weekend after Thanksgiving. If the decorations are not up, they are usually up by the end of the weekend. It's neat to return to the ship each day and see something new up.

Below are a few photos from past cruises.

Gingerbread houses on Serenade of the Seas

10998539094_5ed615d63e_b.jpg

Christmas Tree on Navigator of the Seas

10998387485_d569b5a679_b.jpg

Christmas Tree on Navigator of the Seas - Promenade View

10998495456_799befef92_b.jpg

Have a wonderful cruise.

We cruised on Majesty in mid-December last year and were disappointed with the decorations. (It's no Disney ;)). There was a nice tree in the Centrum but nothing else remarkable except a Christmas village scene; think that may have been made by Adventure Ocean kids.

Perhaps, since Christmas is not a holiday that my family celebrates, I was more than satisfied with the Christmas Holiday decorations. I am sure, the cruise line doesn't want to 'offend' anyone by going 'overboard' (pardon the pun) in decorating the ship. With all types of travelers from all around the globe, some of which celebrate other holidays, there is probably a balance that needs to be struck.

I will be curious next weekend, when we cruise on Majesty -- if any acknowledgement will be made of the celebration of Chanukah on board.

Hi!

Carly

Yes it will be.

I will be curious next weekend, when we cruise on Majesty -- if any acknowledgement will be made of the celebration of Chanukah on board.

Whenever we have sailed during Chanukah there has always been a big electric menorah lit every day in the Promenade or Centrum and there is usually a Chanukah service with latkes and doughnuts served.

We are also traveling during Hanukah. Leaving on the Freedom tomorrow. Last time on the Freedom during Christmas Hanukah was the same week. They had services in the chapel with Latkes and wine. Hoping they have them this week as well.