Cruise Director Gem

johnsak123

I heard the cruise director is Julie

Any thoughts about her

Last year we did not like the CD

I guess when you have sinan it is hard to compare but last year the CD and ACD we terrible

Cheers!!

Julie is not on The Gem any more. She will be the opening Cruise Director for The Getaway. Dan The Man is the current CD on The Gem.

Sinan is doing a Vacation Relief on The Breakaway.

Julie is not on The Gem any more. She will be the opening Cruise Director for The Getaway. Dan The Man is the current CD on The Gem.

Sinan is doing a Vacation Relief on The Breakaway.

I had heard that Matt was the current CD on the Gem?

I guess I will find out on Monday! :D:D

I had heard that Matt was the current CD on the Gem?

I guess I will find out on Monday! :D:D

He could be. There are a lot of changes occurring right now getting ready for The Getaway. One of my favorite entertainers is on The Gem. His name in Michael Blackwell. He plays piano without adding anything to it. Sometimes he is in the atrium and other times in Star Bar on Deck 13 across from Cagney's. Have a great cruise.

He could be. There are a lot of changes occurring right now getting ready for The Getaway. One of my favorite entertainers is on The Gem. His name in Michael Blackwell. He plays piano without adding anything to it. Sometimes he is in the atrium and other times in Star Bar on Deck 13 across from Cagney's. Have a great cruise.

Thanks! I am sure we will be spoiled to death! :D (our first aft PH)

I will look for Michael Blackwell - my DH loves listening to piano.:)

Our favorite entertainers recently joined the Gem, the Ironics Band from the Philippines. We enjoyed their shows on four cruises beginning in 2002, when the were typically assigned to the new ships being rolled out. We chose to sail on the Gem over the Getaway, mainly to reunite with them again. They are great at the "oldies", and popular with the dancing crowd.

Dan "the Man" was the CD on the Breakaway for our Nov 13 cruise. He was very enjoyable and always available.

We had Julie last year on the Pearl and she was fabulous.

I have sailed on the Spirit and Epic and cannot remember the CD as they were not memorable.

Dan "the man" was on the Breakaway on my 10-17 nov cruise....I am sorry to say that in my opinion he was bad... On one of the shows one night, they had a technical problem just before the show ( no sound ) and he came in the theatre and gave attitude to a few cruisers how were not shutting up fast enough for him... All week he was so ordinary :(

BUT Sinan was on the ship, he was dressed in civilian clothing, no tag or nothing and he was taking notes and going to all major events.

This ship needs Sinan for entertainment. When that technical problem occured, all I could think was " Sinan would have been on that stage making us laugh with a ridiculous joke or something"....we really enjoyed him on the Gem last march :D

Matt Sole is currently the CD on the Gem.

Dan Dan is currently on the Gem as his assistant CD.

Dan the Man is the Dan that was on the Breakaway.

Dan Dan is not the same as Dan "the Man"? Just checking to see if it was a typo.

• 6 months later...

Sorry to hear about the passing of Michael Blackwell. We just got off the Gem last week and the cruise director name was Ben. Not sure of last name, but he was from Australia, and said he was headed for JFK after the cruise, so I am assuming he was headed home. Assistant cruise director was Nacho, and both of them were very good.

We caught a Piano player at the martini bar, and I believe her name was Patricia Watson. She hands out a list of songs she knows, and plays whatever the crowd asks for. She was very entertaining. We had two great nights listening to her.

• 3 weeks later...

We were in the Gem in March 2014. Ben was the cruise director. Did not seem very comfortable in this position. Very nervous and jerky. Constantly drinking Red Bull which could be the reason. Hard to replace Sinan who we had in March 2013. He left NCL in May and is now with Celebrity.