View Private Message... Ad or new feature?

5326jan

I have an ad on every page that has an envelope with a big red exclamation mark on it. Next to it is a "View Private Message" button. Is this something that CC is adding as a new feature or is it some kind of Phishing spam thing? Don't want to click it until I know for sure what it is. :confused:

Spam or possibly a virus.

Now it's flashing that my computer performance is bad. Is there anyway to get rid of it? I have mcafee and ninite. Do you see something similar? Its in the spot that I usually cruise ads.

I looked at Crabtree and Evelyn's website earlier tonight. I closed it out and opened up Cruise Critic and the very first thing I saw was a banner ad for Crabtree and Evelyn. No idea how this works where sometimes the ad if for some site you have been to and some have nothing to do with anything you have done (like right now the banner ad is for Renaissance Hotels who's site I have never been to).

I don't use an ad blocker because it causes some sites not to work properly. I just make sure I don't click on any of the ads.

Use Chrome and install Ad Block plus. You will never see ads again...

Everytime I go to a different computer without it installed, I miss it immediately.

Thanks! I already used Chrome, so I'll install Ad Block plus now. :)

WOO HOO!!!! It's gone! Thanks to everyone that suggested ad block. I had it with google, but it didn't work very well!

Edited by 5326jan

Thanks! I already used Chrome, so I'll install Ad Block plus now. :)

WOO HOO!!!! It's gone! Thanks to everyone that suggested ad block. I had it with google, but it didn't work very well!

Glad it worked for you and I'm sure it will others too:)

Edited by kcwingwalker

Yes, many of us are seeing the "ads". It has been discussed on several boards. If there is a way to get rid of them, haven't heard about it yet.

It is only a problem if you click on it.

It comes up on my laptop but not on my other computer.

I just ignore it.

LuLu

~~~~

It 's called Big Data! Online companies search for browsing history and post ads personalized to you - scary...

There was a story recently where a Dad was seeing all this stuff about pregnancy and babies, turns out his teenage daughter was pregnant and looking for information. What a way to find out your going to be a grandpa!