First time cruisers get an upgrade!

vamom2003

We are T-4 days until we board the Coral Princess and I got an e-mail last night with an upgrade!

It was a pleasant surprise.. We had originally booked an Interior room (C511) and got upgraded to a Full Obstructed View cabin (E319). We did check the web-site with cabin info (https://sites.google.com/site/cabinviewbyrenmar/coral-princess/cabins-311--335) and it’s not listed as a noisy cabin…

So, we are thinking of taking the upgrade.. unless you guys can point out something we have missed…

Our first cruise was on Caribbean Princess, some years ago.

We booked an ocean view cabin and literally as we drove in to Brooklyn the day before the cruise our cell rang. It was Princess upgrading us to a balcony

We were THRILLED!!!

Problem!!! On our first full day at sea my wife made the grand announcement that there would not be any future cruises without at least a balcony cabin.

So this upgrade could have future consequences for you. LOL

HAVE A GREAT CRUISE!!

Of course you got an upgrade first time out, you are American, princess discriminate against other nationalities.

I have sailed twice and booked another. In every case we got an upgrade and NO we are not American. As a matter of fact I am from the same British Empire as you. :rolleyes:

Of course you got an upgrade first time out, you are American, princess discriminate against other nationalities.

Not so sure about that. I am Platinum (getting closer to Elite) on Princess, and have never received a meta-upgrade. Oh, and I am American.

I book the room type that I know I will enjoy, and that is the room type I have always been assigned.

Let's not make this thread to be something else. Thanks.:)

Not so sure about that. I am Platinum (getting closer to Elite) on Princess, and have never received a meta-upgrade. Oh, and I am American.

I book the room type that I know I will enjoy, and that is the room type I have always been assigned.

Let's not make this thread to be something else. Thanks.:)

Yes, we've never ever ever received a meta upgrade and next cruise will take us to Elite....and American. I have actually heard more that the cruiselines, above nationality, give upgrades to those on their first Princess cruise. Seems to be a pattern. I guess they know they have you if you keep returning. Or maybe it is the TA -- or maybe direct booking through the cruiseline. I now book the least cabin category I am willing to sail in.

I am booked on a cruise with a lot of open suites and have booked a mini-suite. Let's put it to a test...I would love an actual upgrade for a change. However, I will be happy in my mini....keeping fingers crossed but not counting on any real upgrade.

We will be on our 9th Princess cruise in April. On two of the previous we have received Meta-upgrades. Neither one was our first cruise with Princess and we are American, but in both cases the ship was not full. On the one 15 day T/A they closed off an entire floor and moved everyone up one level/floor.(5th floor was closed in the cabin area) They did this to refurbish the cabins while underway. We did not know about this until we walked up to get our room key at embarkation.