Reciprocity under the new Captain's Club system

publicpersona

What are you questioning? No one received points due to their status on another line. We were given Elite status due to our Diamond or D+ status on RCI. This happened well before the upcoming changes. Celebrity is not taking that status away but in order to move up to Elite Plus one has to earn the cruise points.

Same thing with us, we were Elite before our first cruise with Celebrity due to our status on RCCL. BTW, when comparing both programs no one has mentioned that D+, right now, have access not only to the Diamond Lounge but also to the Concierge Lounge which is a plus. We are suite guests most of the time, and I prefer to have a concierge than a butler. The best suite concept is given by NCL which offers both. I also suspect that Celebrity is leaning that way with the VIP experience, will Michael's Club end up as a Concierge Lounge in the future? :rolleyes::rolleyes:

------ I also suspect that Celebrity is leaning that way with the VIP experience, will Michael's Club end up as a Concierge Lounge in the future? :rolleyes::rolleyes:

I just wonder if VIP was a way to test Elite+ Zenith benefits.

I have recently returned from Infinity TA, where they were ' testing' VIP.

Michael's Club was empty most of the time, although I did see a sign once which said PRIVATE PARTY.

I just wonder if VIP was a way to test Elite+ Zenith benefits.

I have recently returned from Infinity TA, where they were ' testing' VIP.

Michael's Club was empty most of the time, although I did see a sign once which said PRIVATE PARTY.

They quite often use the room for private functions (i.e. wedding parties).:D