Weather in the Eastern Caribbean on Royal Princess

lepjo11

Hi everyone,

I will be on the Royal Princess on December 15 and I am wondering what kind of weather to expect in Fort Lauderdale, Princess Cays, St. Maarten, and St. Thomas in the middle of December.

For those of you who recently disembarked from this cruise or for those of you who have traveled to these areas at a similar time of year, what weather observations can you report on?

Thanks everyone!

If you look at your cruise personalizer on the Princess Website, click on Itinerary, and you will be weather info there.

Generally, you can expect a shower or two each day and for it to be warm.

Lots of historical weather info if you google it.

Hi,

Yes I have utilized those resources, along with other historical weather reporting databases, but was looking for a different perspective - more from personal experience. The Cruise Personalize only gives you the averages and is not descriptive (rain, cloudiness, hours of sunshine, etc.).

From my past cruising experience, I also know that weather can vary significantly from one year to the next and so I was hoping to hear the observations of someone who recently disembarked.

Thank you for your input!

Mid-December in South Florida can vary from the 50s to the 70s. Too early to know what this December 15th will be like.

in 2012 the range was 71-78 on 12/15 at FLL.

In 2011 the range was 72-78

Edited by caribill

Mid-December in South Florida can vary from the 50s to the 70s. Too early to know what this December 15th will be like.

in 2012 the range was 71-78 on 12/15 at FLL.

In 2011 the range was 72-78

Thanks for the information, caribill!

To be quite frank, looking at the long range forecast is more valuable than someone telling you that it was showers and warm in St Thomas 4 days ago, or that it was windy and humid in St Maarten 6 days ago.

For someone who has never traveled to the area, that type of information can be valuable. It never hurts to ask - there is always something new to learn!

Hi everyone,

I will be on the Royal Princess on December 15 and I am wondering what kind of weather to expect in Fort Lauderdale, Princess Cays, St. Maarten, and St. Thomas in the middle of December.

For those of you who recently disembarked from this cruise or for those of you who have traveled to these areas at a similar time of year, what weather observations can you report on?

Thanks everyone!

There are lots of good Google weather sites. Just do a search using the termss "weather 'Portname' December" or "climate 'portname' December" since what you really want is the climate for that date and not the weather. Bet that you will get lots of hits.

DON

Edited by donaldsc

We have travelled to that area in early to mid December a couple of times and overall we had good weather. Warm to hot most days. Only a couple of showers that didn't last long. Seas were pretty calm except for a day or 2. Overall we find it a nice time to cruise. We are cruising again in December this year and are hoping our weather will be as good as past years.

we got off royal last sunday and it rained one evening after dinner, and the rest of the week was at in the 80's and beautiful! by the way, great ship, great food,great staff, had an awesome cruise last week!!:D

That's great to hear! Thank you for your report :)

We have travelled to that area in early to mid December a couple of times and overall we had good weather. Warm to hot most days. Only a couple of showers that didn't last long. Seas were pretty calm except for a day or 2. Overall we find it a nice time to cruise. We are cruising again in December this year and are hoping our weather will be as good as past years.

Thanks for your report Daisyloo, as a fellow Canadian from Winnipeg (aka: Winterpeg), it is going to take a lot for weather to ruin this vacation :)!!!