FTTF Worth it?

mark316

We also seem to board about Noonish and have never had a problem dropping our carry-ons off in our room and going for lunch.

Since we don't have a tender port, we will be saving money and not signing up for FTTF. Even if you have an excursion at a tender port, just tell them you have one and they'll send you to the next tender!

Don't waste your $50 or even $100! :eek:

We reserved it for our April 2014 Legend Cruise, mainly for the ability to go straight to our cabin and drop off our carry-ons.

I'll tell you, on our 2012 Ecstasy cruise I would've paid more than 50 bucks for someone to take the carry-ons and two 12-packs of soda off our hands so we could tour the ship without building so much muscle :)

We purchased FTTF at last minute because of good reviews. At first, it was sold out then last minute there were a dozen being sold. We bought two for two cabins. The reason we purchased it was for the priority embark, rooms available immediately, and priority tendering. We also like the additional service like a special line and phone line to guest services.

This was my experience with it.

We wanted to get to port early but was not able to.So did not use this benefit. Instead of carrying all our carry-on with us, we just gave it to the porter ($10 tip). So we did not have alot to carry. We decided not to bring pop and water. My family has been weaning out of drinking pop. Water was as good on the ship as the bottled ones. All we needed to bring was those water cannister. Priority tendering was great but we didn't need to get off the ship immediately because we did not schedule a tour (In Belize). First day, I needed to talk to guest services and there were at least 20 people in line. I went to a counter that had the FTTF sign. One of the staff told me I had to get in back of the line. I was sooooo mad because I showed them that I purchased the FTTF and there was a sticker on my S&S card. Most of the staff did not know what the FTTF was for. Apparently, this was the first for Carnival Glory to have it. Also you get your luggage right away.

So unless you use the benefit of it. It is a great purchase. Otherwise, save your money.

The majority on cruise critic may think it worthwhile, but the majority of cruisers likely does not.

The majority of cruisers probably think FttF is $49.95 per person, and not per cabin.

You have to read the fine print on CCL's website to unearth that little gem of info. OR you can find out here on Cruise Critic.

First day, I needed to talk to guest services and there were at least 20 people in line. I went to a counter that had the FTTF sign. One of the staff told me I had to get in back of the line. I was sooooo mad because I showed them that I purchased the FTTF and there was a sticker on my S&S card. Most of the staff did not know what the FTTF was for. Apparently, this was the first for Carnival Glory to have it.

Wow, that's unacceptable. I'd have immediately asked for a Guest Services supervisor or the hotel services manager and told them to credit back the $49.95 to my account. Poor training = customer dissatisfaction = no extra money for Carnival.

Do you have tender ports? Then worth it in my opinion.
Just remember that the tendering priority that FTTF provides

is a one-way deal only.

You get priority from ship to shore only. Not the other way!

After your day ashore is done and you get back to the tendering point

you'll find yourself as just another non-entitled cruiser trying to get back to the ship, sorry.

I've actually never had an issue with tendering. It seems most people don't get off the boat until later in morning or something because we are always the first people on and we make our way down there as soon as you're able to start tendering.

We also are always on the ship by 11 ..so I don't see the perk there, either.

Only thing is not having your carry-ons but I can't figure if that's worth $50

We just tried it for the first time (Legend, 11/10) and we loved it!

Being able to drop off everything in your cabin the minute you board is worth it alone, IMO. But we also loved the "special" line at Guest Services and the priority tendering in Grand Cayman.

We did get a chilly reception from a platinum PAX at Guest Services -- she saw that our S&S cards were gold (horrors!) and not platinum and was intent on sending us to the other (main) line. I politely explained that we could use "her" line with FTTF -- even incidated the sign that said the same thing -- but she remained unconvinced! :D

We just tried it for the first time (Legend, 11/10) and we loved it!

Being able to drop off everything in your cabin the minute you board is worth it alone, IMO. But we also loved the "special" line at Guest Services and the priority tendering in Grand Cayman.

We did get a chilly reception from a platinum PAX at Guest Services -- she saw that our S&S cards were gold (horrors!) and not platinum and was intent on sending us to the other (main) line. I politely explained that we could use "her" line with FTTF -- even incidated the sign that said the same thing -- but she remained unconvinced! :D

At that point I would have asked to see her card just to make sure she was allowed in the

FTTF line. lol. Some people crack me up.

We bought it for our Breeze cruise on Dec. 7th. We have 2 kids and the amount of stuff they carry just to stay entertained is amazing. We are looking forward to dumping off all that stuff in our room, getting changed into our bathing suits and not worrying about each of us carrying a bag or two.

Thank you everyone...there have been a lot of good pros and cons. But I'm still undecided. We do have to tender once but all I can think about is that the $100 can be better spent somewhere else. Sounds to me that I am talking myself out of it....I guess I'll have to sleep on it. Thanks again!

Can anyone tell me the process with FTTF in MIA Port? I think I have seen somewhere about a door on the side of the building for VIP and FTTF. Is this the place to go when arriving at the port to check in?

Sounds like it can work great unless there is a dreaded delay at the MIA port, then it sounds like you can get stuck sitting outside for a period of time. Does this only apply if there are no more seats in the VIP seating area?

We are looking at getting to the pier about 10-10:30am.

Thanks.

NOT worth it in my opinion.

Sailed on the Victory a few weeks ago. We were travelling with others most of whom were Platinum. We all arrived at the port at the same time (around 10:45am). We were in boarding zone 7 and onboard within 15 minutes of our Platinum friends. I was ordering my first drink at the lobby bar at 11:25am.

Our luggage was at our cabin by 3PM - same time as the Platinums down the hall.

We had one tender port (HMC) and since we rented a Villa we had priority tender. We were first in line and first off the ship.

We did self debark and we were off the ship by 8:45am.

I used the extra $50 to have a few more umbrella drinks. :)

We purchased FTTF because we have a young daughter and the quicker we can get her settled the better first day we will have.

We were in our room by 11:15am..our luggage was delivered shortly after that..guest services VIP line was great the few times we used it.

We found that it was worth it to use to get our vacation started just that little bit earlier. Also, the ship isnt nearly as crowded and lunch is easier to get and find a seat.

However, if I had to buy for two rooms I would be torn as well...I would probably not purchase if it were older children or just myself and my boyfriend.

We've never done it, but I wish we could. The spaces are sold out for our sailing. I'd LOVE to go straight from embarkation to our room. Heck, I'll pay $50 for that perk alone. :)

Keep checking they could release more FTTF up to a week before I believe..someone correct me if Im wrong on the time frame.

I'm glad we didn't buy it for our Magic cruise.

Arrived at port at 10, eating lunch on Lido a little after 11. Only brought a stroller and bag as carry on. Room was ready by 1:00pm.

Got to Cayman. Ate breakfast and took elevator down to "0" and got right on the small boat for tendering.

We never really had to wait. Maybe we were just lucky but I would have been mad if we would have wasted the $$ on "FTTF."

Dad just got off the Magic, he had purchased FTTF, and boarded early. Luggage came after most on his deck had already received theirs. Tender boarding was by tour not VIP or FTTF. Was told to get in line at guest services, not in VIP line. He was so not happy with FTTF that by the time he got to guest services desk he demanded his $50 back and he was in line for another reason!