Change of Latitudes Tier during cruise

Pete69

Does it change after completing the first leg of a B2B cruise?

A least not immediately (the updated latitudes info is available from HQ computer system only on the second day of second leg) and I'd say that not automatically, you need to see cruise consultant on that day and ask them if they can update your status.

Well that's not very fair - we will be silver status after 3 days of a 17 day cruise. By the end of it we would be gold as we booked 9 months in advance
You can always ask them if there's anything they can do. Maybe they can't actually give you the higher status, but if there's a specific benefit you are interested in, they may be able to arrange for you to have it.

Well that's not very fair - we will be silver status after 3 days of a 17 day cruise. By the end of it we would be gold as we booked 9 months in advance

I can't see what is not fair. The rule of point accumulation in in the rules of the Latitudes program and everyone else taking part of the program has to live by them too - it's not mandatory, you know. ;)

You can always ask them if there's anything they can do. Maybe they can't actually give you the higher status, but if there's a specific benefit you are interested in, they may be able to arrange for you to have it.

In my experience the Cruise Consultant will only check the current passenger info from HQ computer system and what that says, goes - and in this case the level is not changed yet so there is nothing they can do.

In my experience the Cruise Consultant will only check the current passenger info from HQ computer system and what that says, goes - and in this case the level is not changed yet so there is nothing they can do.

We turned from Bronze to Silver while on the POA or at the end of the cruise. We got to know the Cruise Consultant and she did special invite us to a couple of events which was really nice of her and totally not necessary. We will move from silver to gold on this trip next week and I don't expect any of the gold perks until our next cruise. ;)

The only things worth the while with latitudes are the tender pass at Gold and the free meal at a pay restaurant at Platinum.

The rest... pah !

Free laundry is our favourite perk as a platinum, we're just fine with MDRs but the free speciality dinners are of course a plus too.

It's like being a member of the airlines' frequent flyer club. If I am flying from San Francisco to Paris and accumulate enough miles to change tiers when I am over Kansas City, I don't suddenly get upgraded, etc. I have to wait to the end of the flight to get all the miles credited all at once.

Be happy that you are jumping from bronze to gold after the cruise!

Although we didn't knowingly change status during a sailing, it seems that many of these 'perks' have to be requested and are not automatically pre-arranged. Such as nightly chocolates, extra internet minutes, etc, so if any of the perks are meaningful to you be sure to mention them to your steward/internet folks, etc. Photo/shopping discounts were easy since they print the latitude status on the card. Good luck!

It seems we get most of the higher perks already - as suite pax. I don't know if we will ever go 'back', so we may never know.... I have also hosted a CC meet and greet - so they really take care of the ambassadors.... I try to get a non-suite pax to take the credit for the CC event - so they get VIP status too.

It seems we get most of the higher perks already - as suite pax. I don't know if we will ever go 'back', so we may never know.... I have also hosted a CC meet and greet - so they really take care of the ambassadors.... I try to get a non-suite pax to take the credit for the CC event - so they get VIP status too.

M&G organizer is not a 100% sure to receive VIP status - there are several hardcore CC users out there that have arranged numerous (dozens) of M&Gs and have reported that it can be more common that they don't get VIP than that they do. Sometimes the HD can be generous, but do not take that for granted.