Steakhouse Only?

@homeinok

We have been debating about only eating at the Steakhouse we are traveling with our DD that is in her early teens and will not eat dinner with us on the cruise but maybe once or twice so $70 a night is not that big of deal since we love the food in the Steakhouse. Just not sure we can get reservations every night. Has anyone done this?

I have 2 reservation made on my next 8 night cruise on Splendor. I do like the MDR food so I will not do more than 2 nights. I think it is a great idea to eat at the steakhouse every night if you want to.

You can make reservations on the Carnival Website. You will have to make a separate reservation for each night. In Carnival.com, go to Manage, My Booking, Activities & Excursions, Steakhouse Reservations.

You should have no problem making reservations for all the nights you want if you do it in advance. A day or so after you send in your first request, you will get an email from the steakhouse confirming your reservation. You should reply to the email alerting them of your intent to reserve for every night and ask them if you should reserve the additional nights on the website or if they can do it for you. This way they will know they are valid reservations for each night.

Enjoy the cruise and the steakshouse.:cool:

Edited by JohnSpo

I'm confused. Your teenage daughter won't eat with you so you have to spend an additional $600 to eat in the Steakhouse? :confused:

Sure you can do it, but there are other options such as the mdr, lido buffet, room service...if your ship has 2.0 upgrades there is Guy's and a few other eateries.

As much as I like the Steakhouse, eating there 8 times in a row would get old. Unlike the MDR the menu does not change.

Where in the heck is your daughter going to eat and with whom?

Edited by Lerin

Yep...confused also???

Where will she eat and with whom? Does she eat with you at home? Will she eat with you at the steakhouse?

I would go to the steakhouse, that I am paying for, only if I or my spouse wanted to, then I might take my teens opinion on the matter.

If they want to pay fine, but I'd be dogonned to pay $35 and them not eat. Pffft...

We have been debating about only eating at the Steakhouse we are traveling with our DD that is in her early teens and will not eat dinner with us on the cruise but maybe once or twice so $70 a night is not that big of deal since we love the food in the Steakhouse. Just not sure we can get reservations every night. Has anyone done this?

There is a regular poster here with an id of tom and cheryl. They eat almost exclusively in the steakhosue when they sail Carnival

I for one am envious. I would love to be able to eat at the Steakhouse more than once. There are several dishes I would love to have: of course the lobster, the lobster ravioli, the rosemary infused chicken, filet mignon, and possibly the fish depending on the type of fish (if it is salmon forget it, I am salmoned out).

None of us know the situation with your DD. Maybe she doesn't like to eat at the same time as you; maybe she plans on making friends and eating with them most nights; maybe she is a very picky eater. If you are comfortable with her/your choice I say go for it and let everyone enjoy their cruise their way. ENJOY!!!

On a side note - I think it is a shame that your teenage daughter makes the rules and dictates where you will eat and how often she will eat with you.

If this is the case, then I totally agree with you. However I'm not sure if this is something they just want to do, because the MDR is still available regardless of the daughter.

Anyway I bet they can get reservations every night. But call me cheap. I just couldn't part with a $70 meal for two for several days in a row. Especially after I already paid for food. Plus where's the "special treat" factor in going every night? Oh well. To each his or her own.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Tapatalk

OK for you that have asked. Our DD is picky and has about 5 things she eats hates dressing up and would rather run around with friends or be on the computer with a pizza. This is one of the reasons we cruise everyone gets to do what they want and we all see each other in the room. Excited about steak and Lobster every night with a bottle Grigich Hills!!! Oh and some brandy and a black coffee. See ya at the Craps table.........

Edited by @homeinok

Book them early.

OK for you that have asked. Our DD is picky and has about 5 things she eats hates dressing up and would rather run around with friends or be on the computer with a pizza. This is one of the reasons we cruise everyone gets to do what they want and we all see each other in the room. Excited about steak and Lobster every night with a bottle Grigich Hills!!! Oh and some brandy and a black coffee. See ya at the Craps table.........

DH and I cruise for the same reason. We find cruising with the kids relaxing because of the option of Camp carnival. We get to have a nice relaxing dinner at night.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

DH and I cruise for the same reason. We find cruising with the kids relaxing because of the option of Camp carnival. We get to have a nice relaxing dinner at night.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'm not sure why some posters said that eating in the specialty restaurant would "get old"? Wouldn't eating in the MDR every night "get old" too?

I think there is enough variety in the specialty restaurant to have a different meal each night.

In the Steakhouse, you can choose something different every evening!

Several cruises ago, we were there every night, then skipped one evening...Head Chef spotted us in the buffet...came over, asked if something was wrong! We laughed, told him we were a wee bit too "happy" after a day in Cozumel....too many Margaritas (no, probably just the right number!).

We are traveling with our good friends again on Dec 8th, will probably do the same thing! ....Except no Cozumel....we will sub Key West this time!

I'm not sure why some posters said that eating in the specialty restaurant would "get old"? Wouldn't eating in the MDR every night "get old" too?

I think there is enough variety in the specialty restaurant to have a different meal each night.

I agree ;)...and I hope the OP goes for it! I booked the specialty restaurants every night while on my recent 9-day NCL Gem cruise...but that was because I really dislike the MDR meals on NCL...my choice, and it worked out well.

Just like it's the OP's choice...good for him and his DW!. Enjoy! :D

If you are in the mood for a fine dining cruise, absolutely. I think it is done more often than you think. The Steakhouse cuisine reminds me of the quality food they had in the MDR in the 90's when I first cruised. The MDR has the ambiance of a cafeteria any more... beehive of activity, brightly lit, get em in and out. Sailed the Breeze earlier this year and LOVED the alternative dining venues. I do not mind paying a little more for a quality dining experience.

Taking the adults kids and their spouses/sos in a few days... we will be eating in the MDR each night for obvious budget reasons. However, future cruises will only be with ships that have the 2.0 upgrades and alternative dining venues like Cucina Capitano and Bonsai.

Also, I wouldn't miss the bitter and blanc night in the MDR for all the steakhouses and non-eating teens in the world. But thats me. ;)

You can request (I suggest in advance) that they offer you a preferred dessert from the main dining room that is available on the same evening.

I did this more than once with the Grand Marnier Souffle, and the restaurant hostess said it was not a problem whatsoever.

You can request (I suggest in advance) that they offer you a preferred dessert from the main dining room that is available on the same evening.

I did this more than once with the Grand Marnier Souffle, and the restaurant hostess said it was not a problem whatsoever.

Yeah...:D That changes everything, my usual meal on Bitter and Blanc night is very simple. Bring one Bitter and Blanc every 10 minutes, until I pass out, then bring one every 5 minutes.

No need for a menu.

On my last Legend Cruise, the waiter actually boxed one up for me to take back to my cabin...:cool: good stuff. It was cold the next morning but it was good..........

Same for MDR:eek: Yet, people are wanting DR menu changes:confused: