Customer Mail and Email from Azamara?

Waswo

To those who've had a response after following Bill's advice, how long did that take?

I emailed on Thursday morning (UK time) and am still waiting for any acknowledgement or response.

I e-mailed Azamara according to Bill's instructions on Wednesday @ 8:25pm Atlantic Standard Time. ( We are in the Caribbean ) Stephen from the Azamara Miami office e-mailed back on Saturday at 2:56pm. As Andy mentioned American Thanksgiving Holiday was on Thursday - I think this was a fine response time. Now awaiting the e-mail offers!

Richard

Hi Everyone,

To those asking about a response within the past few days, I've noticed that several posts were from members outside of the USA. We had a holiday on Thursday (Thanksgiving Day), so it's possible that's why the lack of reply. Let's hope you hear from Azamara shortly.

Hi Andy,

I also sent an email, as suggested, by Bill. For at least 3 years I have been asking AZ on their site for emails from them for specials/offers or whatever they call it. Now and again I get a thank you response from them telling me that I will soon receive emails - but so far, nothing has appeared.

I cannot even get to 'check in', look at tours etc. as I am 'locked out' of

their site. It is just as well I am one of those who 'love' the Az experience otherwise I would definitely look/book elsewhere.

I have been on 3 Az cruises with another comeing up early next year, so perhaps they do not think they need to send me any specials as I book

their cruises. If that is the case, they may be missing out on many more

that I could book with them, because my other favourite is Celebrity and I

have a cruise booked with them, also, but later in the year.

What a great shame shoreside is in complete contrast with the wonderful

onboard experience. Hapicruisin

I e-mailed Azamara according to Bill's instructions on Wednesday @ 8:25pm Atlantic Standard Time. ( We are in the Caribbean ) Stephen from the Azamara Miami office e-mailed back on Saturday at 2:56pm. As Andy mentioned American Thanksgiving Holiday was on Thursday - I think this was a fine response time. Now awaiting the e-mail offers!

Richard

Hi Richard,

I have just received an email from Stephen from the Azamara Miami office, having emailed them according to Bill's instructions. I have great hopes

that we may now be included, but I am not holding my breath.

It will be interesting to see if either of us receive anything - do let me know.

Hapicruisin

Stephen from the Miami office responded to my email in just over two hours. Hopefully, emails will start streaming into my Inbox as well.

BTW, I also mentioned the missing welcome home gift (we completed two voyages), and he has ordered one for us and says it will arrive in the next four weeks!

Looks like Bill Leiber has some clout! :D Thanks so much, Bill.

I used to receive regular e-mails from Azamara throughout 2011 and 2012 but they mysteriously stopped in early 2013. I tried numerous times to get back on the list, by registering on-line and by requests to "live" Azamara agents, to no avail.

Last week, I e-mailed Le Club Voyage as Bill Leiber suggested and I received a reply from Stephen. I have had prior dealings with him on a few booking issues and found him to be incredibly responsive and helpful, but sometimes the Azamara "system" prevented a satisfactory resolution to outstanding problems. But Stephen tried and tried and tried to make things work. If there's a way to sort out missing e-mails, I think he will do it.

Like CintiPam, I also mentioned that we haven't received the advertised welcome home gifts. Stephen checked our history and noted that we were eligible for Adventurer and Explorer gifts, which he would arrange to be sent to us in the next few weeks. I'm optimistic but we'll see ....

In my short time with Azamara I have come to the conclusion that their on-board product is a complete contrast to the shore-side version.

With the huge impact that the internet now has on my cruising experience, so long as the offers keep coming via TA's websites, I'll be happy to build on the two AZ cruises I have been lucky enough to sail in the past year.

I receive far too much junk, both via mail and email, with enormous consequences for the planet. Mind you the odd email shouldn't be too difficult.

Perhaps they have a little black book and those that have been at all criitical are erased? ;)

Thank you, everyone. I am waiting for a response to my email. But it's the weekend.

I probably would never have gone on an Azamara cruise but I was searching for one to fit certain dates---typically we go on a cruise that appeals to us. This summer, however, I had to reject my first choices with Oceania and Crystal because of conflicts with a 90th birthday party we must attend. So we ended up with Azamara. We are happy with the dates and the itinerary but feel nervous---I know that a dependency on merchandising and marketing is callow. But when the web site is difficult to navigate it's a game changer.

But couldn't they have sent us one little thing to tell us that they are happy to have us?

I know that I get perhaps too much mail and email from cruise companies but I actually read almost all of it and sometimes a special picture in a brochure will be the one little thing that gets me started on planning a trip. My imagination seizes on a little detail.

I feel as if Regent, Oceania, Crystal and Seabourn and Cunard REALLY REALLY want me. I like to be courted---the elderly are so rarely courted these days!

So I want Azamara to approach me, like a Gentleman Caller, and whisper into my in-box that they anticipate the date as fervidly as I do….

So if any ADMIN are reading--it really can and does make a difference.

Our mailbox - the physical one! - is FILLED to bursting with brochures that mostly come from Oceania (what are they trying to prove???), Regent, & Seabourn. The only lines we are likely to cruise in the future are Azamara & Seabourn, but Oceania is absolutely determined to inundate us with printed material that we discard.

Of all those lines, the only ones we would really like to hear from are Azamara & Seabourn. Azamara comes under the old joke "You never write, you never call!", & Seabourn puts in an appropriate petition for our business.

We are cruising with Azamara in 3 weeks - Journey out of Singapore - & it is unlikely we will cruise again for a long time as we have other bucket list items to fill. We know we'll have a marvelous time. When we look for another cruise, our selection is likely to be between Seabourn & Azamara.....