Customer Mail and Email from Azamara?

Waswo

I may sound foolish here---but I almost daily get emails and "real" mail from Regent, Oceania, Cunard, Seabourn, etc. etc. I booked with Azamara over 3 months ago and have not received one single email nor any catalogues. I don't mind if Azamara does not include glossy catalogues in its budget, but I am worried (with the web site being down) that maybe---just maybe---we are MIA as far as they are concerned.

Can somebody tell me if you started getting communications from Azamara after you booked? And if so, how long after?

I have never marked cruise emails as spam because one never knows just when something too enticing might pop up so that is not the issue.

I get mail from Oceania, Regent, Lindblad, and Silversea. (We've sailed on only one of these lines.)

It took 11 Azamara cruises for me to get my first Azamara email. And that took multiple tries submitting my email address.

Azamara - great cruise experience, deficient shoreside operation. Very sad for a company that believes that the future lies in attracting new customers.

This has been a recurring problem. Although I signed up several times on the website for snail mail and emails, it took about a year before I received anything. Now I get snail mail every few months, but never any emails.

No booklet or even email ever will arrive with cruise documents either. I had to go on the website to get any and all information.

Also, still now, after two completed cruises (October 2012 and September 2013), I never have received any welcome gift.

But the onboard experience is wonderful!

Edited by CintiPam

I am bombarded by emails and brochures from almost every cruise line -- overkill IMO. In the past week alone I got THREE from Viking River Cruises ???, one from Crystal, two from Oceania, and emails from AMA, Avalon, HAL and Princess (I have never sailed on any of these lines except Oceania and I just booked my first Viking River Cruise to China).

From Azamara -- nothing.

I may sound foolish here---but I almost daily get emails and "real" mail from Regent, Oceania, Cunard, Seabourn, etc. etc. I booked with Azamara over 3 months ago and have not received one single email nor any catalogues. I don't mind if Azamara does not include glossy catalogues in its budget, but I am worried (with the web site being down) that maybe---just maybe---we are MIA as far as they are concerned.

Can somebody tell me if you started getting communications from Azamara after you booked? And if so, how long after?

I have never marked cruise emails as spam because one never knows just when something too enticing might pop up so that is not the issue.

Thought it was just me

In the past cruises brochures were an important selling tool. Most people book on line and do not look at the brochures. New cruisers need the brochures. It is like a wish book. Remember the kids treasuring a toy catalogue. I throw out lots of cruise junk mail daily. Once in awhile, a brochure does peak my interest. Some cruise lines have very slick brochures. Oceania is top notch. It was their brochure that attracted me. Usually I prefer to explore cruises on line. My spouse likes to look at the brochure. We are different.

In the past cruises brochures were an important selling tool. Most people book on line and do not look at the brochures. New cruisers need the brochures. It is like a wish book. Remember the kids treasuring a toy catalogue. I throw out lots of cruise junk mail daily. Once in awhile, a brochure does peak my interest. Some cruise lines have very slick brochures. Oceania is top notch. It was their brochure that attracted me. Usually I prefer to explore cruises on line. My spouse likes to look at the brochure. We are different.

I can so relate to this! Once we reached Elite on Celebrity I was fishing around for a different cruise line to try. We're shareholders with RCI so it seemed like a natural fit to try Azamara next. I ordered a catalog and fell in love. This might sound so silly but it was the catalog that sucked me in. We now have three Azamara cruises on the books. ;)

Waswo, you can call or send an e-mail request for a catalog. I don't think they'll send you one unless you ask first. We don't get a lot of Azamara e-mails; just a few here and there.

Its not just the pretty pictures in a book......

There have been no emails with specials...or incentives....

I would think email would be a relatively inexpensive way to keep in touch with your client base.

I ALWAYS open my celebrity emails...even if i'm not in the market for a cruise....and i've even booked a few.

The emails do not need to have specials or incentives to be effective. A simple reminder of the wonderful on board experience might encourage a booking. Out of sight out of mind as they say.

My ta has had trouble getting information from Azamara.

We all agree that the shoreside end of the business is a problem. Marketing is a part of it

I don't get anything from Azamara. I'm signed up. I get weekly emails from Seabourn (well it seems like weekly) and it's frustrating that the opportunities aren't used. When I do my online grocery shop and before I go to the checkout it gives me a page of what I could buy extra to get the special savings. It then goes to a page that lists all sorts of special offers that might appeal based upon what's in my basket. I often buy things. I'm a sucker for offers. Azamara, you are missing a trick, with me at least.

Phil

I have received an email from Azamara today telling me about the free shore excursions.

The promotion has been running for several weeks and I found out about it from these boards.

Still better late than never

I got my email today too....shame it won't apply to our Greek Islands cruise next June but I don't think one free shore ex would persuade me to book a cruise anyway, as I rarely do ship excursions.

And Phil.....we all love you even if Azamara shoreside doesn't! :D

Hello to All -

I've informed our marketing department about your frustration in not receiving email updates about special offers. They reported that there was a similar problem in the past and that the system was reviewed and then fixed. It seems that the problem is appearing again.

To correct the problem, we are requesting that you send your name and email address to LeClubVoyage@AzamaraClubCruises.com with a message indicating that you are not receiving emails from Azamara. In the Subject section, use "Cruise Critic - No Emails."

We can then check our records to research why that is the case.

Considerations:

§ As a "past guest" we should have your email address on file.

§ Sometimes, for guests booked through travel agents, we have uncovered a few issues created if their travel agent does the online check-in and then use the agency's email address rather than their clients own email address.

§ You can opt-in to receive email offers directly from us, by visiting our website's homepage and going to the bottom right-side to complete the "Receive Special Offers" tab and entering your email address. Please note the option - "Please have an Expert Azamara Travel Partner contact me about Special Offers." If you do not wish to be contacted, then remove the check-mark from that option to opt-out.

https://www.azamaraclubcruises.com/request/email

I'm sorry for your frustration with being left out of the communication loop and appreciate your cooperation to communicate with Le Club Voyage desk so that we can find the source of the problem.

Thank you for your loyalty to our onboard cruise experience and your efforts and feedback to improve our shoreside operation.

Enjoy the Thanksgiving Holiday tomorrow!

Best regards,

Bill Leiber

Chief Blogging Officer*

Azamara Club Cruises

(*CBO is an authorized and compensated representative of ACC)

Hello to All -

I've informed our marketing department about your frustration in not receiving email updates about special offers. They reported that there was a similar problem in the past and that the system was reviewed and then fixed. It seems that the problem is appearing again.

To correct the problem, we are requesting that you send your name and email address to LeClubVoyage@AzamaraClubCruises.com with a message indicating that you are not receiving emails from Azamara. In the Subject section, use "Cruise Critic - No Emails."

Considerations:

§ Sometimes, for guests booked through travel agents, we have uncovered a few issues created if their travel agent does the online check-in and then use the agency's email address rather than their clients own email address.

§ You can opt-in to receive email offers directly from us, by visiting our website's homepage and going to the bottom right-side to complete the "Receive Special Offers" tab and entering your email address. Please note the option - "Please have an Expert Azamara Travel Partner contact me about Special Offers." If you do not wish to be contacted, then remove the check-mark from that option to opt-out.

I'm sorry for your frustration with being left out of the communication loop and appreciate your cooperation to communicate with Le Club Voyage desk so that we can find the source of the problem.

Thank you for your loyalty to our onboard cruise experience and your efforts and feedback to improve our shoreside operation.

Best regards,

Bill Leiber

Chief Blogging Officer*

Azamara Club Cruises

Bill - great solution I suppose for the handful of folks who are on CC.

What about the thousands of other former customers and potential customers? How do they get marketing materials? They will never see your post.

Those folks are getting nothing from Azamara and tons of emails from competitors. There has to be a better fix for the problem.

Hello to All -

Bill Leiber

Chief Blogging Officer*

Azamara Club Cruises

Bill,

Just to let you know, we sent a message as you suggested and received an appropriate response.

Time will tell if we receive e-mails etc.

Thanks for your suggestion as an attempt to resolve the issue.

Hello to All -

Considerations:

Best regards,

Bill Leiber

Chief Blogging Officer*

Azamara Club Cruises

Bill,

I also did as you suggested and have received a response! Hopefully the e-mails will start soon.

Thanks,

Richard

To those who've had a response after following Bill's advice, how long did that take?

I emailed on Thursday morning (UK time) and am still waiting for any acknowledgement or response.

Edited by Prefdavid

To those who've had a response after following Bill's advice, how long did that take?

I emailed on Thursday morning (UK time) and am still waiting for any acknowledgement or response.

I've sent an email on last Wednesday and no answer yet. We did two cruises on the Quest but we never received any email from Azamara before or after the cruise except the survey regarding our opinion on the precedent cruise.

Hi Everyone,

To those asking about a response within the past few days, I've noticed that several posts were from members outside of the USA. We had a holiday on Thursday (Thanksgiving Day), so it's possible that's why the lack of reply. Let's hope you hear from Azamara shortly.

Edited by Host Andy