Upgrade Fairy Arrived Today

Bronx12

Yes, this is normal. You only get points based on the stateroom category for which you paid.

14 pts is correct. You only get what you pay for. :eek:

Thats what I thought, although hope is eternal. ;) Thank you guys, I knew you would confirm it...........:)

I once got an upgrade on the Liberty and they didn't tell us at all...even at check in. Was checked in at the pier for the Promenade room I had booked with my sister (which connected to my parents), got our Set Sail pass, unpacked our carry-ons and went to Guest Services for an extra key.

That's when the told me we were supposed to be in another room, which they said had a balcony. Turns out they upgraded me to a D2, and checked someone else into our original room. When we get back to the Promenade room to remove our stuff and there are two non English speaking passengers standing in the middle of the room wondering why all this stuff was already there. It was quite a challenge to explain that we were originally booked into this room but we were moving and pack everything VERY quickly to run to our new room about 1 minute before muster.

I still don't understand how they could check in the same room twice - it seems like a security issue.

Balcony room was wonderful, but I hope next time, if there is a next time, they tell us before we get to the old room and unpack!

THAT is a suite (pronounced "sweet") upgrade! :cool:

Greetings everyone, I apologise if this has already been addressed but does anyone have experience when booking a W suite category. Two days after my booking ,was awarded a Junior suite .Is there still a chance of this changing to a Grand suite after being given a JS? We sail on LOS 16 Dec.

Thanks

Greetings everyone, I apologise if this has already been addressed but does anyone have experience when booking a W suite category. Two days after my booking ,was awarded a Junior suite .Is there still a chance of this changing to a Grand suite after being given a JS? We sail on LOS 16 Dec.

Thanks

It's unlikely that your stateroom would be changed once assigned.

I once got an upgrade on the Liberty and they didn't tell us at all...even at check in. Was checked in at the pier for the Promenade room I had booked with my sister (which connected to my parents), got our Set Sail pass, unpacked our carry-ons and went to Guest Services for an extra key.

That's when the told me we were supposed to be in another room, which they said had a balcony. Turns out they upgraded me to a D2, and checked someone else into our original room. When we get back to the Promenade room to remove our stuff and there are two non English speaking passengers standing in the middle of the room wondering why all this stuff was already there. It was quite a challenge to explain that we were originally booked into this room but we were moving and pack everything VERY quickly to run to our new room about 1 minute before muster.

I still don't understand how they could check in the same room twice - it seems like a security issue.

Balcony room was wonderful, but I hope next time, if there is a next time, they tell us before we get to the old room and unpack!

That happened on my recent Navigator TA. We were in line at Guest Services to gets holes punched in our seapass cards and the guy behind us had gone to his room to find people already in it...............:eek: He had only booked the cruise 3 days before. I guess one of them got an upgrade.

Do you only get an upgrade if you are a c&a member? This is our first cruise for our silver wedding, we paid a lot of money for a balcony and booked last January, after reading some of the comments and then seeing the deals on the website today I wonder if its worth booking so far in advance, a little disappointed but still looking forward to 5th January on Freedom :)

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Do you only get an upgrade if you are a c&a member? This is our first cruise for our silver wedding, we paid a lot of money for a balcony and booked last January, after reading some of the comments and then seeing the deals on the website today I wonder if its worth booking so far in advance, a little disappointed but still looking forward to 5th January on Freedom :)

The upgrades provided by the revenue department can happen to anyone.