Miracle to Mazatlan

lbfluffy

Some cruise lines are being more cautious than others about returning to Mazatlan after the crime wave that hit that city. I think that Carnival will eventually return since a 7 night with only 2 stops is less than attractive.

In the meantime, you can take NCL which does have itineraries calling in Mazatlan already.

Will this ever be an option for the Miracle? I know some ships are going to Mazatlan. We are booked in March next year, but our itinerary does not show Mazatlan as a stop. I miss Mazatlan.

I miss the city also. I remember taking a tour of the city with a final stop at Senor Frogs. Got smashed and almost didn't make it back to the ship. What fun!!!!

I miss the city also. I remember taking a tour of the city with a final stop at Senor Frogs. Got smashed and almost didn't make it back to the ship. What fun!!!!

Yes we would go to Stone Island then hit Senor Frogs. Wow what a blast. I thought they had a beter Senor Frogs in Mazatlans of all the stops we have done.

Were you one of the pier runners?

Yes we would go to Stone Island then hit Senor Frogs. Wow what a blast. I thought they had a beter Senor Frogs in Mazatlans of all the stops we have done.

Were you one of the pier runners?

I never got that drunk. :)

Although, I heard from some friends that they moved to a new location and it's not as good as when we went on the cruise. The cruise was back in 2004.

HAL goes to Mazatlan as well!

I think the cruise lines were waaaay to cautious when they stopped going there and to the other ports farther south like Xihuatanejo and Acapulco.

Tons of Americans and Canadians have been doing land vacations to all those spots while the cruise ships were staying away!

HAL goes to Mazatlan as well!

I think the cruise lines were waaaay to cautious when they stopped going there and to the other ports farther south like Xihuatanejo and Acapulco.

Tons of Americans and Canadians have been doing land vacations to all those spots while the cruise ships were staying away!

I agree. We gang shootings all the time near my city.

Will this ever be an option for the Miracle? I know some ships are going to Mazatlan. We are booked in March next year, but our itinerary does not show Mazatlan as a stop. I miss Mazatlan.[/quote}

Supposedly..Carnival is taking a customer survey this month to determine if enough people want to return to Mazatlan. Should know their decision next month(or Jan 2014).

Wish they would return to Mazatlan...2 stops(Cabo & PV) not worth it to me!

Will this ever be an option for the Miracle? I know some ships are going to Mazatlan. We are booked in March next year, but our itinerary does not show Mazatlan as a stop. I miss Mazatlan.

It doesnt show because they stopped going there years ago.

I think the real reason Carnival is not going to Mazatlan is money. They claim it is passenger safety, yet one of their own sponsored tours in Puerto Vallarta was robbed at gunpoint and they are still going there. I would like to see the Miracle go to Mazatlan. I liked going to Stone Island and miss it.

HAL was One oft zur First to drop Matzatlan. We were on the Oosterdam when they changed course and added Mazanillo (sp?) To the itinerary.

cfi_countdown.php?vars=1391904000,-8,ca_carnival,first%20Miracle%20cruise%20

cfi_countdown.php?vars=1396058400,-8,ca_celebrity,cruising%20the%20Pacific%20Coastal%20on%20Century

We were on that cruise too. I wish that Manzanillo would become a regular part of the itinerary. We had visited there once before aboard the Spirit. With the new pier downtown it is easy to access the city as well as take a taxi to the resort beaches.