Please please please FIX the website !!!

florisdekort

I do not care what your problems are! All I want to do is book shore excursions and do on line check in. I am on my first Azamara cruise January 29th and am really irritated. I sent a email and have not gotten even an auto reply that it was received and they are working on it.:mad:

Janet and Desert Steve......we all sympathise and feel your pain!

It is a crazy situation to have an Azamara website with no functionality and IMHO whoever sanctioned it's release in this appalling state should be fired.

However, to be positive ......the onboard experience could not be further from the dreadful shoreside experience and your Cruise Critic Meet&Mingle will go ahead even if the magic number of 25 is not reached. Lets hope you will be able to register for it before you go, but if not, then just go and see the Le Club Voyage Hostess when you board and she will sort it all out for you. Check your Daily Pursuits newsletter for the time but it is usually held after the Muster Drill in The Looking Glass or maybe The Library if a small number only. Ignore the computer generated email telling you the party won't go ahead.....yet another IT glitch! :rolleyes:

Have a great cruise and please don't let the AZ shoreside experience put you off because it's a whole different world onboard. :)

But I've had no difficulty booking shore excursions. In fact, I easily booked 6 just last night.

I'm no apologist for Azamara's website which is difficult to navigate. Enter the My Azamara section of the website & put in your reservation number. When you get a display that has a range of options across the top (including Spa, Land Excursions, etc), choose the option on the far right - the title doesn't include Land Excursions but this is where you need to be. It will be dead easy from there to make your choices & pay for them.

Hope it works!

But I've had no difficulty booking shore excursions. In fact, I easily booked 6 just last night.

I'm no apologist for Azamara's website which is difficult to navigate. Enter the My Azamara section of the website & put in your reservation number. When you get a display that has a range of options across the top (including Spa, Land Excursions, etc), choose the option on the far right - the title doesn't include Land Excursions but this is where you need to be. It will be dead easy from there to make your choices & pay for them.

Hope it works!

It doesn't work. Those of us who are having difficulty have reservations that have been "locked out" BY Azamara. We do not get a screen with options across the top. We get a screen with options on the left side. When we try to get into purchasing a shore excursion, we are told, in bold, red lettering, that our reservation has a problem. Same thing when we try to do on line check in.

Not all reservations are locked. I guess yours works fine, but, believe me, those of us who are locked out have not done anything wrong. Azamara, themselves, has told me that it's their fault.

I had trouble filling out our travel info - Passport numbers etc - & contacted my TA who fixed that & apparently 'unlocked' my reservation. Works if you booked through a TA....

Sorry you're experiencing such problems.

I had trouble filling out our travel info - Passport numbers etc - & contacted my TA who fixed that & apparently 'unlocked' my reservation. Works if you booked through a TA....

I did book through a TA. He spent several hours on the phone with Azamara on Monday. It is Azamara's IT that needs to fix these reservations. Unfortunately, it appears that they do not have the capacity to do this.

As a first time Azamara cruiser, Im not getting the warm fuzzies over their inability to fix their own web site. I hope the people who run the ship are more competent :)

I did book through a TA. He spent several hours on the phone with Azamara on Monday. It is Azamara's IT that needs to fix these reservations. Unfortunately, it appears that they do not have the capacity to do this.

As a first time Azamara cruiser, Im not getting the warm fuzzies over their inability to fix their own web site. I hope the people who run the ship are more competent :)

Don't worry about the on-board situation, it will be wonderful.

Things are very very consistent at Azamara or at least they have been for the fours years we have been cruising with them.

Shoreside their service is crap and they consistently give out false information promise everything and deliver very little.

On-board they give the cruise of a lifetime each and every time year in year out.

PS Our next cruise is the Black Sea one 20 Aug 14. It can't come quickly enough.

Sent using the Cruise Critic forums app

OK, why don't we just create some template posts to use here. I will start by offering these 4:

"The Azamara website is crap and whoever is responsible for it should be covered in treacle and left for the red ants to finish off"

"Yes we all know how rubbish it is, but until the red ants have done their work we are stuck with it so just be grateful that on board they are nothing like the website staff."

"Well I certainly hope that my cruise will not be like the rubbish website and incompetent staff they have in their offices or I will be building my own red ant farm!"

"You really have nothing to worry about, the cruise ship and the crew are excellent and you will have a fantastic holiday, trust all of us who are telling you this."

Please feel free to use these as required. ;)

OK, why don't we just create some template posts to use here. I will start by offering these 4:

"The Azamara website is crap and whoever is responsible for it should be covered in treacle and left for the red ants to finish off"

"Yes we all know how rubbish it is, but until the red ants have done their work we are stuck with it so just be grateful that on board they are nothing like the website staff."

"Well I certainly hope that my cruise will not be like the rubbish website and incompetent staff they have in their offices or I will be building my own red ant farm!"

"You really have nothing to worry about, the cruise ship and the crew are excellent and you will have a fantastic holiday, trust all of us who are telling you this."

Please feel free to use these as required. ;)

It is not possible for your pre cruise experience to not effect your on board one especially when the pre is soooooooo bad. As I stated in the past I just want to book excursions and do on line check in.

Called Azamara to book my shore excursions today. I had been told by their rep whom I spoke to right after I booked the cruise (before I learned my reservation was messed up) that if I used the web site to book shore excursions, the regular price would be displayed, but once entered the 25% discount would be applied.

I downloaded the entire PDF package of shore excursions with descriptions and prices. When I booked them over the phone, I was told that the prices in the PDF package were already discounted by 25%.

Since I can't get into my reservation to look at the shore excursion screen, I don't know if I got a 25% discount or a run-around.

While I was talking to the rep who booked my shore excursions, she informed me that the problems with the web site will be fixed in a week. I'm not holding my breath. She also told me all the RCCL lines were having similar problems. I told her I'd have seen that on Cruise Critic and I did not. She seemed surprised at that news.

I asked for the "resolutions department" and was told there was none. I asked for a supervisor and was told there were no supervisors, but there were "super agents." Unfortunately none were available.

I am truly amazed that this self-styled luxury line can't take care of a guest.

Heard from my TA tonight and he is getting one of his supervisors to deal with Azamara. I am extremely concerned that, at boarding, I will be stuck in a line providing all the information I would have entered in the comfort of my home office onto my computer. Azamara, themselves, cannot get into my reservation to enter the check-in information for me.

I am hoping for some OBC to make up for this frustration. I think we all deserve it.

Janet, I'm so sorry you're having all these issues! I just don't get it. We have three trips on Azamara booked for 2013-14 and on every single one of them we've been able to access our reservations without any trouble, and book every shore excursions we've wanted. All at the correct price. I just don't understand why it's been so easy for us and such a headache for you. How can it work for us and not you? What a flukey system.

On the other side of the coin, however, don't ask me about luggage tags! It should be an easy process to order and receive tags, don't you think? Don't be fooled! It ain't. :rolleyes:

Edited by dln929

Could any of these problems with accessing bookings, have anything to with the internet browser, such as clearing browsing history, etc?

No, nothing to do with that I am afraid

It is not possible for your pre cruise experience to not effect your on board one especially when the pre is soooooooo bad. As I stated in the past I just want to book excursions and do on line check in.

Despite what a lot of very experienced Azamara guests are saying? Suit yourself!

TA could do nothing but get me a copy of shore excursion booklet. Said next week it would work. I am not a believer in wishful thinking.

TA could do nothing but get me a copy of shore excursion booklet. Said next week it would work. I am not a believer in wishful thinking.

I heard that it would take a week to fix it yesterday. That was from Azamara rep.

I did book my excursions on the phone. Would have rather done it myself.

I contacted my TA to ask if she had seen this line, & asked what she did to get my situation fixed.

She said she tried lots of optional ways of entering data on the website on her own, noted specific problems, then called Az with particular questions. And they fixed it, walking through the situation together.

I'm not saying that those who are having problems have not patiently tried all options, but there may be a difference between a cooperative attempt with Az's home office to fix a faulty website & attacking the purveyor to the point where they're willing to do almost anything to avoid dealing with you for 'another week.'

Don't yell at me because my TA got my situation to work, please! I hope that you can speedily work things out, but perhaps a less acidic approach would entice the bees to give you some honey.

It's going to be longer than a week folks...

I hadn't seen this thread as I don't use Azamara Cruise Critic much these days. Thus, when I couldn't get into my reservation and couldn't order luggage tags, I contacted Azamara UK. I had no joy in making myself understood so I emailed Le Club Voyage USA.

48 hrs later I had a polite reply, explaining that the website problems "would not be fixed in time for my cruise" (Christmas sailing) and thus I should obtain my tags at the pier. I have replied to ask what to do about check in etc; when I hear back I will post the response.

I contacted my TA to ask if she had seen this line, & asked what she did to get my situation fixed.

She said she tried lots of optional ways of entering data on the website on her own, noted specific problems, then called Az with particular questions. And they fixed it, walking through the situation together.

I'm not saying that those who are having problems have not patiently tried all options, but there may be a difference between a cooperative attempt with Az's home office to fix a faulty website & attacking the purveyor to the point where they're willing to do almost anything to avoid dealing with you for 'another week.'

Don't yell at me because my TA got my situation to work, please! I hope that you can speedily work things out, but perhaps a less acidic approach would entice the bees to give you some honey.

I would never yell at you. I envy you, however;)

I just keep hoping that people stop telling me that's it's somehow my fault that the web site has locked out my reservation. :D

My TA spent hours with them on the phone last week to no avail. He was putting a supervisor on the case to work with Azamara. I'm hoping they have success.

I just received an email from Azamara. The person I was corresponding with told me that if the web site is still broken 45 days before we sail, they can mail me luggage tags and I don't have to wait until I get to the pier.

Also he is emailing the person in charge of the Meet&Mingle and having her add our names to the list.

Check-in at the pier is only answering 4 or 5 questions and it should only take a few minutes. I've been assured no long lines.

He explained that my son, when he purchases us a $50 OBC for a dinner at the specialty restaurant (anniversary gift), will get an email confirmation that he can forward us as proof.

The email address is of the person who helped us is leclubvoyage@azamaraclubcruises.com

Those who are having problems might want to write to this address.

I have a sense that Royal Caribbean and its brands are stealing a march on Carnival Corp at the moment. I see some heavy discounting on Carnival's brands which equate to Celebrity, and very little on RCCL's side.

My concern for all the brands, and Azamara in particular, is what seems to be an ongoing failure by RCCL to invest in better technology and resources to improve the online experience. It's the major resource nowadays for interacting with customers as more and more of the admin. function now takes place at home in front of the computer. It isn't that long ago that everyone in the UK was moaning and groaning over the poor website functionality, and here we are again seeing major issues that have a promised fix of weeks away.

I think RCCL is dropping the ball badly by not improving their online product.