Drinks packages on royal carribean

solorizor

Question for people who have had the packages in the past.

Does the package include beer in the bottle or will it be in a cup?

I'm glad they made the change stating that individuals can get the pkg and it doesn't have to be all. I don't drink so this kept my husband from getting the package the last time we went on the cruise.

You can also get beer in the aluminum container.

Originally Posted by Kimahri

Question for people who have had the packages in the past.

Does the package include beer in the bottle or will it be in a cup?

I'm glad they made the change stating that individuals can get the pkg and it doesn't have to be all. I don't drink so this kept my husband from getting the package the last time we went on the cruise.

You can also get beer in the aluminum container.

Can you tell me what the different beers, bottled and draft, they have onboard? Or direct me to where & can find that information.

•Bottled water

•Sparkling water (375ml)

•Still water (500ml)

I know their bottled water is Evian but what about their sparkling & still waters

Still water is Evian, there is no separate "bottled water". That was a typo on a post a while back and the confusion persists.

Sparkling water is Pellegrino.

Third & last question.....I hope:

•Premium coffee

•Premium tea

Are these the same as the espresso, lattes, etc & are there multiple places on board that these can be purchased from?

My sil got the $20 pkg on the liberty and she was able to get the mochas, cappuccino etc at the cafe promenade and in the mdr. She did not try any place else.

My sil got the $20 pkg on the liberty and she was able to get the mochas, cappuccino etc at the cafe promenade and in the mdr. She did not try any place else.

Thanks for that clarification! When they say nonalcoholic cocktails were they pretty much "virgin" drinks? Like nonalcoholic pina coladas, lava flows or strawberry daiquiris? Thanks!

Sent from Tapatalk on my Samsung Galaxy Note 2!

When they say fountain drinks in the $40 package, do they mean drinks from the freestyle soda machines that they have onboard now?

If so, I think that is great, because at some point in the day or evening, I would just like to sip on a soda. I never really did, because I did not want to pay for the soda card for the little bit I drink it. It would be a nice addition to the package.

When they say fountain drinks in the $40 package, do they mean drinks from the freestyle soda machines that they have onboard now?

If so, I think that is great, because at some point in the day or evening, I would just like to sip on a soda. I never really did, because I did not want to pay for the soda card for the little bit I drink it. It would be a nice addition to the package.

Yes, all the new packages include the special cup that can be used with the Freestyle machines.

Thanks for that clarification! When they say nonalcoholic cocktails were they pretty much "virgin" drinks? Like nonalcoholic pina coladas, lava flows or strawberry daiquiris? Thanks!

I'm not sure I did not order any. I know you can get non alcoholic drinks ie shirley temple but not sure about the frozen ones.

I'm not sure I did not order any. I know you can get non alcoholic drinks ie shirley temple but not sure about the frozen ones.

Okay thanks for that info though! Some light slowly being shed onto the package

I'm very excited about the new packages...I think i'll go with the $55 one and my hubby will get one that is cheaper (he won't drink many mixed/frozen drinks)...

Usually I don't either, but we'll be in the Caribbean, and I really plan on having mimosas for breakfast :D

Do you think that people will be able to "Share" drinks with other people now pretty easily...do you think RCI is going to police this pretty heavily or its just going to be pretty easy for 1 person to buy the package and to "Share " with the other people they are cruising with

For any of you that have purchased a package that received a souvenir cup for the soda machines....can those be re-used on future cruises? I have one from my cruise last December on RCI and wondered if I can bring it and use it again? :confused:

[quote name='tlsdak']For any of you that have purchased a package that received a souvenir cup for the soda machines....can those be re-used on future cruises? I have one from my cruise last December on RCI and wondered if I can bring it and use it again? :confused:[/quote]
The old cup would not work in the Freestyle machines, as there is a chip inside the cup that has an expiration date.

[quote name='aubreyc1988']Do you think that people will be able to "Share" drinks with other people now pretty easily...do you think RCI is going to police this pretty heavily or its just going to be pretty easy for 1 person to buy the package and to "Share " with the other people they are cruising with[/QUOTE]

I would imagine that this is something that will be enforced against pretty rigorously. I wouldn't risk it to save a couple of bucks on a cocktail, and if it's more than "a couple of bucks", it's just increasing the likelihood that it *will* get caught.

[quote name='tlsdak']For any of you that have purchased a package that received a souvenir cup for the soda machines....can those be re-used on future cruises? I have one from my cruise last December on RCI and wondered if I can bring it and use it again? :confused:[/QUOTE]

Nope, can't. The chip that enables the freestyle machine deactivates, and the cup liner design changes periodically. It's transparently obvious if you're trying to pass off last year's cup...

If I can afford a cruise, and a $400.00 drink package, than I think spending an additional $50 to $80.00 for the cruise to buy my wife an occasional drink is OK.....So what is up with the questions about sharing? Do you share a soda at a restaurant? Maybe use two straws? RCCL is doing a good thing, so maybe we should behave and not mess it up for all the future cruisers!!!!!