$40 per guest each day, includes:

•Beer

•Wine by the glass (up to $8 value)

•Non-alcoholic cocktails

•Fountain soda with souvenir Coca-Cola cup

•20% discount on purchases of bottles of wine

The Premium Package

$55 per guest each day, includes:

•Call and premium cocktails (up to $10 value)

•Frozen cocktails

•Beers

•Premium wine by the glass (up to $12 value)

•Non-alcoholic cocktails

•Still bottled water (500ml)

The Ultimate Package

$65 per guest each day, includes:

•Premium coffee

•Premium tea

•Bottled water

•Sparkling water (375ml)

•Still water (500ml)

•Fresh squeezed orange juice

•Call and premium cocktails (up to $10 value)

•Frozen cocktails

•Beers

•Premium wine by the glass (up to $12 value)

•Non-alcoholic cocktails

The other major change to the unlimited alcohol packages is now any eligible guest in a stateroom may purchase a package. This is a change from the previous policy where all eligible guests in a stateroom had to purchase a package.

OK I keep reading ALL the forums !!!!

Never taken a cruise

Travelled (double LL because I am Canadian !!) many islands and countries.

Soo... I love my wine !!!!!!!!! and a fun drink on occasion

a few before dinner

some at dinner and

definitely some after at a show and a lounge

is the premieur price worth it or should I just order

thanks a lot

robin

so used to everyone in the cabin had to buy a beverage package. But, now you can buy one and your husband can be as dry as the Sahara or vise versa...This is good for those who don't want to drink anything......I think the package is worth it...I am going to get the Ultimate one on our next cruise...because we will use enough to make it worth it...One of my friends doesn't drink liquor but she will get her money's worth on coffee and tea and virgin drinks...so it is individual now....(on Royal Caribbean)

SOOO..... As (as the wife) may purchase the drink plan without my husband also buying it ??)

thanks

robin

The packages are not meant for sharing.
Ourusualbeach is correct. If two people are sharing a cabin, both MUST buy the package.

Edit: Oops. Probably got into a thread I shouldn't have and should have read the all the posts before I posted. The old package rules are what I was talking about. If things are changing, sorry for the misinformation.

Tim

Edited by cruisin4kicks

new changes....The other major change to the unlimited alcohol packages is now any eligible guest in a stateroom may purchase a package. This is a change from the previous policy where all eligible guests in a stateroom had to purchase a package.

MAn !!

I keep forgetting questions !!!!!

My husband will also drink wine at dinner , so that would be in my package

Soo.. what do you think ?????????????

Thanks so much

You wont be able to share with your husband, but given your description of drinking tendencies it seems well worth you buying the package. Wine by the glass is included up to US$12, so if you were to have 4 glasses a day plus one pre-dinner drink at say $9 you'd be slightly ahead. Everything on top of that is upside for you.

MAn !!

I keep forgetting questions !!!!!

My husband will also drink wine at dinner , so that would be in my package

Soo.. what do you think ?????????????

Thanks so much

No it doesn't. Sharing is one of the things that may cause RCCL to rethink their policy and possibly spoil it for everyone else.

When I asked about the drink (wine) I did not mean that my husband would be drinking on MY package (that would not be right) . I was just saying that he ,too would enjoy a glass of wine everyday.

Sooo... BOTH of us need to buy any of the packages available to us ??

When I asked about the drink (wine) I did not mean that my husband would be drinking on MY package (that would not be right) . I was just saying that he ,too would enjoy a glass of wine everyday.

No, Royal changed the rules recently, and there is no longer a requirement that all guests in a stateroom purchase the alcohol package.

I can confirm just got off liberty and only one person has to buy, but it is not meant to share. I bought it my husband did not. I bought it while on ship. Would buy again.

Was Patron still excluded?

Was the wine and champagne included in all bars? Any exclusions.

Or you can buy the package and he can pay as he goes. It all depends on your individual consumptions when you consider what is the best option for you.

We did the 55 dollar package and think it was well worth it. You only need about 6 mix drinks to brake even for the day per person. Think we each had around 8 drinks a day. So we saved money

Sent using the Cruise Critic forums app

Question for people who have had the packages in the past.

Does the package include beer in the bottle or will it be in a cup?

I'm glad they made the change stating that individuals can get the pkg and it doesn't have to be all. I don't drink so this kept my husband from getting the package the last time we went on the cruise.

Edited by Kimahri

Question for people who had the packages in the past.

Does the package include beer in the bottle or will it be in a cup?

I'm glad they made the change stating that individuals can get the pkg and it doesn't have to be all. I don't drink so this kept my husband from getting the package last time we went on the cruise.

The few times I did get beer. It was both draft and bottle. Just depends on the beer.

Sent using the Cruise Critic forums app

We are cruising on Oasis in January and according to their website it still says all persons in the cabin have to purchase a package. Am I reading right here that they've changed the rules on that? We cruised last December on Freedom and my hubby bought one on board and I didn't need to. I rarely drink so I don't want to purchase one but he does. Should we wait to buy his on board so they won't make me buy one too?

We are cruising on Oasis in January and according to their website it still says all persons in the cabin have to purchase a package. Am I reading right here that they've changed the rules on that? We cruised last December on Freedom and my hubby bought one on board and I didn't need to. I rarely drink so I don't want to purchase one but he does. Should we wait to buy his on board so they won't make me buy one too?

Yes the rules have changed.

The website won't be updated for purchases of the new packages until mid December I believe.