Captains Club rip

cruisingourmet

The "New" captains club really sticks it to those who had 8 or 9 credits.

WHEN AT 8 Credits I was just 1 cruise in Concierge class or better away from Elite.

Now it will take at least 2 or more cruises to make up the difference and I don't appreciate it one bit.

When huge companies stick it to the customers then they better expect there will be complaints.

Especially when the next level has benefits of significant value. I estimate Elite level worth about $400 to $500 pp on a two week cruise

There is no way I will take another cruise on a company that CHEATS its clients out of paid & earned benefits.

For the last 3 years in a row I took cruises with X but this year I'll be looking at other lines. Why should I be loyal when they clearly don't care who they take advantage of.

The People in the Captain's club even acknowledged as much, "sorry nothing we can do" when I called today.

People who were in the original scheme should have been grandfathered in!

FINE to make new levels for those already at the TOP, but to move the goal post for those almost there is ruthless.

I will have my attorney look at the fine print, and perhaps force them to honor their agreement. I am local, so I don't have to travel to sue.

They can try to worm out of their legalese, but there are many consumer protection laws at the state & federal level regarding enticements for a contract.

Perhaps it is for the better I've seen most of the ships and there is a "sameness" to all the Solstice class ships.

Instead of my loyalty they can have my contempt, as I simply NOW HAVE A GREAT reason to explore OTHER Cruise lines

I had planned a 3 day cruise in CC in Jan specifically so my transatlantic would be as ELITE.

As an Elite Plus and being almost halfway to Zenith, let me point out a few things that make your comments and actions seem a bit absurd.

Your definition of loyality is off. You actually think that after 8 or 9 cruise points you're entitled to Elite statis?? I'm a Founder Captain's Club member, have taken many cruises with Celebrity under the old system and have been stuck in the Elite tier for many years. Under the old system, 3 cruises could get you to 9 points. Three 14 night cruises in a CC cabin or better. Is that the definition of loyality? I think not. Celebrity changed the playing field because it was too easy to get to Elite. They are saying the old system was flawed. Issuing vouchers for the Elite happy Hour was the first sign a change was needed. On our Reflection transatlantic this past November 1, there were 1100 Elites onboard. If someone is Elite with 10 credits and another person with 3 times the credits is at the same level, where's the equity in that? It takes time to be a loyal customer and you have not earned it. Period.

Another thing, if you're spending money on additional cruises/higher category staterooms just to get points to jump a level or willing to pay a lawyer to gain points to get small benefits on future cruises, that sounds penny wise and dollar foolish to me.

I think the problem is we don't know how many points you have accumulated cruisingourmet.

It's hard to reason with you because we don't know if you are 20 points short or 120 points short of the next level.

If you're that close in points have you tried calling Celebrity? Have you thought about upgrading on your 3 night to a Suite?

I'm sure if you call and explain, they would give you the 25 points that they are giving everyone and then treat your significant other by upgrading to a Suite.

He/she got the 25 bonus points, which puts him/her 35 points away. His/her next cruise is only a 3 day cruise in concierge, which gives him/her another 15 points, leaving him/her 20 points away from Elite and those free drinks.

FWIW, I'm in the same boat - 35 points away and my booked cruise would only be 20 points....problem solved.....I just changed it to a 7 day in concierge class for 35 points. No complaining, no Celebrity bashing, just thankful that they gave me the extra 25 bonus points, so that I was that much closer to Elite.

Your definition of loyality is off. You actually think that after 8 or 9 cruise points you're entitled to Elite statis?? I'm a Founder Captain's Club member, have taken many cruises with Celebrity under the old system and have been stuck in the Elite tier for many years. Under the old system, 3 cruises could get you to 9 points. Three 14 night cruises in a CC cabin or better. Is that the definition of loyality? I think not. Celebrity changed the playing field because it was too easy to get to Elite. They are saying the old system was flawed. Issuing vouchers for the Elite happy Hour was the first sign a change was needed. On our Reflection transatlantic this past November 1, there were 1100 Elites onboard. If someone is Elite with 10 credits and another person with 3 times the credits is at the same level, where's the equity in that? It takes time to be a loyal customer and you have not earned it. Period.

Well said. That is what loyalty programs are all about. Why should someone who sails 30 nights get the same benefits of someone that has sailed 150 nights? The program rewards those that have sailed consistently for many years with enhanced levels of recognition for their L O Y A L T Y through that time.

YES those who were already Elite and woke up and found they were ELITE+

or Zenith.. They got extra perks they were not even looking for..

Who wouldn't be happy with that ! DUH

I read a lot of posts that weren't Elite or Elite+, plus a lot that never said their tier. How can you say that they were all Elite or made Elite+. Please don't distort the facts.

As an Elite Plus and being almost halfway to Zenith, let me point out a few things that make your comments and actions seem a bit absurd.

Another thing, if you're spending money on additional cruises/higher category staterooms just to get points to jump a level or willing to pay a lawyer to gain points to get small benefits on future cruises, that sounds penny wise and dollar foolish to me.

I NEVER SAID I WANTED ELITE AFTER 8 or 9 Credits clearly that would be SELECT. HOWEVER that didn't stop you from getting ELITE after 10 points did it.

Just like others who got theirs already, you made out just fine because you didn't even do anything at all and woke up on the Nov 25 as an ELITE+

I'm glad for you not only did you not loose a thing in the process you actually GOT MORE.

OTHERS JUST ON THE verge had the goalpost moved.

OTHERS JUST ON THE verge had the goalpost moved.

Why is it always goalposts?

This a cruise forum. How about the pier was moved?

I have read many people who are still only one cruise away from being Elite because they were given bonus points. Those that are still angry are angry because the pier was moved are they are two cruises away instead of one now.

Here's a little perspective for you. Our first Celebrity cruise was in 1993. There were no rewards for many years. Even when they established the Captain's Club, the rewards were not much.

Yes, we woke up this week as Elite Plus with 2520 points. If they went back and counted our cruises by the new standards, we'd be Zenith. Should I be upset? Guess what, I'm not worried about it. It will take me a couple more years to get there but I can assure you I'll enjoy every cruise it takes to get there.

They did their best to make it fair for everyone. I think most people would agree that padding a Captain's Club level with 2 and 3 day cruises really wasn't fair to anyone. I honestly can't imagine going to all the trouble for since a short time, but to each his own. I certainly can't imagine being upset at having to take a real cruise to get to the next level.

I honestly don't pay any attention to how many cruises someone has been on and don't discuss it, ever, unless someone asks me the question. I certainly don't begrudge people who have enjoyed the same perks we have for years even though we've been on the ships tenfold the times of many of them. Honestly, most of the time we didn't even go to the party because we enjoy having our cocktails in the Martini Bar and we also like to get to know people who aren't members of the club as well as enjoying the company of many of the dear friends we have met while cruising.

You really just need to relax and think about what's important.

Hey Denny! How's every little thing! Great to see you!

Doing fine. Just took a break....too bad I came back just in time for all this grousing about not getting benefits posters hadn't got the points for yet.

Kind of fun though. Puts real life in perspective.

Hope all is well with you and yours. In DC with our daughters for Thanksgiving.

Den

Today is Thanksgiving Day but you'd never know it from the vitriol that was flying around this thread directed at other Cruise Critic members.

Those posts have been removed and thread has been closed