Two Star Mariner Question

Shmoo here

Thanks, sail :)

We didn't see that before the cruise, so we missed out. :( Gotta remember it next time.

If you call the Mariner Society, they ought to mail out the photo to you ... at least, they did when we phoned them.

If you call the Mariner Society, they ought to mail out the photo to you ... at least, they did when we phoned them.

Good idea.

Mariners Society is very responsive and really tries to help with requests.

Good idea.

Mariners Society is very responsive and really tries to help with requests.

Hmmmm:rolleyes: Thank you. I'll give them a call on Monday (figuring that they won't be in tomorrow).

On our cruise last June postcards were in the room. I went down to the front desk to ask for 25 more and they were given with a smile. Why 25? I teach at a small public school and am the only 6th grade teacher so I know who my incoming students are. I send them postcards over the summer to start a connection with them. It takes some time on my part but it's worth it. I've had parents tell me that the postcards are in places of honor when they are received. I've had students, at graduation, tell me they still have their postcards. I've been doing this for a while, our school secretary provides the stamps, and it's so definitely worth it!

Karen

On our cruise last June postcards were in the room. I went down to the front desk to ask for 25 more and they were given with a smile. Why 25? I teach at a small public school and am the only 6th grade teacher so I know who my incoming students are. I send them postcards over the summer to start a connection with them. It takes some time on my part but it's worth it. I've had parents tell me that the postcards are in places of honor when they are received. I've had students, at graduation, tell me they still have their postcards. I've been doing this for a while, our school secretary provides the stamps, and it's so definitely worth it!

Karen

What a wonderful idea. You sound like a great teacher, Karen. :)

Karen

That is wonderful!!

And a great idea for teachers who know in advance who their teacher will be.

That is nice that the school secretary provides the stamps.

Nothing to do with your question, and totally off-topic - but I have to say that every time I see the name "Schmoo here" and see the avatar, it makes me smile. Thank you.:)

Thank you.

157m35x.jpg

BTW it's Shmoo (no "c"). :)

Edited by Shmoo here

What a wonderful idea. You sound like a great teacher, Karen. :)

Thank you to both S7S and KK. By my CC name you can tell my heart lies with my teaching. I've been in the same building for 25+ years and at basically the same grade level - 6th - with a few 5th/6th split classes thrown in for good measure. I'm now teaching students of students! For instance this year I have one boy that I taught his mom, one girl I taught her dad, and another whose grandfather was my principal for about 10 years. I still have a few years to go (5 or 6) but I figure I'm very lucky to love what I do and look forward to coming to school every day. As a matter of fact, it's Sunday morning and I'm working in my room! It's about the only way to not have to line up for the copier! Happy 1st of December to everyone!

Karen