Can I use OBC from Pick-Your-Perk promo to pay for gratuities?

youngreflection

I just read the newsletter for the Friday promo, it specified that the obc can be use for shore excursions, specialty dining etc. but no mention of applying it to the daily gratuities. I am wondering if the obc I got from the PYP is the same? Since I am planning to use the obc for part of gratuities and pay the difference.

aFAIK they are just giving you suggestions for how to use the credit. There currently is no designation regarding OBC that would keep the bookkeeping office from applying it to any specific expense that put on your SeaPass.

For instance, they can't restrict it to "not valid for gratuities," or "not valid for liquor". OBC is OBC

As an FYI, OBC from the cruiseline needs to be used while on the cruise. If you don't use it you lose it. We've been refunded unused OBC from our TA via a credit card credit. If you have both types you need to verify with Guest Relations that you want them to debit your cruiseline OBC before debiting your TA OBC and they'll adjust your account accordingly. When we have both forms of OBC we always do this on the first day of our cruise.

Edited by kathynorth